Bloomington/Normal 10/2

Muddy Waters

• Forum MVP
25 minutes ago, Muddy Waters said:

Please play the Illinois State University (Normal) 1978 Horton Field House Show if it works in the rotation.  Thanks!

An extra bowl of Wheaties would be needed to get through that one! 

• Forum MVP

I heard that band isn't going to play 70s shows anymore. Now they are going to focus on 1990>, highlighting such gems as Samba in the Rain, Way to go Home, Easy Answers, Wave to the Wind, and I Fought the Law. Yeah, they're tired of doing the same old thing. Next up: recreating Ratdog, Furthur,  and Dead Co setlists.

Never trust a Prankster😮

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mango said:

I heard that band isn't going to play 70s shows anymore. Now they are going to focus on 1990>, highlighting such gems as Samba in the Rain, Way to go Home, Easy Answers, Wave to the Wind, and I Fought the Law. Yeah, they're tired of doing the same old thing. Next up: recreating Ratdog, Furthur,  and Dead Co setlists.

Never trust a Prankster😮

Yeah the 70's are so over,,,let's get on with the 90's...

😂

• Forum MVP

We had a discussion years ago about the fact that the people are ready for them to start recreating originals. The name Crashes Into Ashes was floated in order to get around non-compete clauses (see Terrapin Nation). Given the fact that TN hasn't been heard from in a while the time is right. And what better way to kick off the triumphant inaugural CIA west coast tour than with the acknowledged classic 5/19/07 masterpiece?

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, chuckvegas said:

We had a discussion years ago about the fact that the people are ready for them to start recreating originals. The name Crashes Into Ashes was floated in order to get around non-compete clauses (see Terrapin Nation). Given the fact that TN hasn't been heard from in a while the time is right. And what better way to kick off the triumphant inaugural CIA west coast tour than with the acknowledged classic 5/19/07 masterpiece?

Agreed.

Set One: 
Race Is On ; Run For the Roses ; Cassidy-> Jam-> Cassidy ; Visions Of Johanna ; Box of Rain ; Lazy Lightning-> Supplication ; So Many Roads ; When I Paint My Masterpiece ; King Solomon's Marbles-> Viola Lee Blues 

Set Two: 
Dark Star-> Dancing In The Street -> Scarlet Begonias*-> Fire On The Mountain*-> Drums*-> Space-> Eleven Jam > The Wheel-> That's It For The Other One-> Believe It Or Not-> That's It For The Other One-> Uncle John's Band -> Dark Star-> Lovelight 

Encore: 
That's What Love Will Make You Do ; We Bid You Goodnight

Show Notes
Special guest keyboardist Rob Barraco
*with Katie on Djamba

Stayin Alive Tease between Ramblin Rose and Me and My Uncle.  Disco Dead prior to the Shakedown Debut at Red Rocks a few months later (lol) great show in Normal.  Saw the Dead 5 times in 78 in Chicago and got rained out at another show that year at the Summerfest in Milwaukee after we took the train all the way up there. No drivers license yet or I would have Half Stepped down to Normal.  Trying to fill in that last gap next week at the Castle. Definitely wishful thinking because I think DSO has played that show a fair share.

Archived