Greatest story 
Run for the rises >
Not fade

Help
Slip
Stranger 
Eyes
Dark star 
D/s(rob b sampling hunter’s boys in the bar Room during space)
Alligator 
Days between 
Around and Around

Black muddy river 

(Setlist edited)

Original. Pat Mallenger on sax(!!!!!) for Help>eyes Around and around. Kevin Rosen played encore. 
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm pretty sure that I also remember Brown Eyed Women in the first set, maybe between LLR and Keep on Growing. This show was special in more ways than normal. So grateful to have been here. This was my second time catching a show at the Vic with Pat on sax. The first one was never available to listen to again so I look forward to this show making it to Nugs at some point.

Anyone else hear some sampling during Space? Sounded like Midnight Moonlight echoing...

Nice jam during Greatest Story. Run for the Roses was a treat. 

Second set was a journey through the spacey way accompanying Hunter’s transitive trip into the stars. Slip Stranger Eyes Dark Star d/s then into the primordial Alligator. 

• Forum MVP

I was looking for clues in my brain for BEW. I generally like to see how the crowd reacts during “drink down a bottle and be ready to kill”. I didn’t remember that at all but I’ll trust 2 peeps that said it was there. I was doing notes every 2 songs too on the setlist as organ and Lisa meant better jot it all down along the way. 

But then again I’m completely engulfed in the freedom of the moment. Pure escapism. After a song told some guys next to us that were also going to Milwaukee, my buddy’s wife tries to explain the scene to her friends and tells them it’s the only place where the guys dance crazier than the girls lol. That sort of baffles people not familiar with the scene 😂😜 

Be safe and see ya tonight 

barraco was sampling a hunter track. He mentioned it to me but the name escapes me and after looking through hunters 400 solo songs he put down on album im convinced now that it’s one of the following 40..... Holy shit he wrote a lot of music!!! He should be recognized as one of the top 100 poets of the 20th century.  Dylan rightly pops up as top 10 poet lists and number one lyricist in about every list bit Hunter doesn’t get the same props. Maybe you are either all in on dead or unfamiliar with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

barraco was sampling a hunter track. He mentioned it to me but the name escapes me

Rob has a solo album "When We All Come Home"

Argentina (Hunter / Barraco)

Disparate Men On The Run (Barraco)

Limbo Rag (Hunter / Barraco)

Old Coast Highway (Hunter / Barraco)

When You Say When (Hunter / Barraco)

Give It Up (Hunter / Barraco)

Ride Ride Ride (Hunter / Lesh / Barraco)

One Dog Blues (Hunter / Barraco)

Cats & Dragonflies (Barraco)

When We All Come Home (Friedman / Barraco)

• Forum MVP

BEW?

Affirmative.

Lol that RD implies that his brain is still completely in tact.  😝

Set One: Ripple > Not Fade Away > Touch Of Grey ; Looks Like Rain ; Brown Eyed Women ; Keep On Growing ; Althea ; Greatest Story Ever Told ; Run For The Roses > Not Fade Away (reprise) 

Set Two: *Help On The Way > *Slipknot > *Feel Like A Stranger ; *Eyes Of The World > Dark Star > drums > space (w/ a recording of Robert Hunter singing "Boys In The Bar Room" blended in) > Alligator > Days Between > Around And Around 

Encore: Black Muddy River

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, DesertDead said:

BEW?

Affirmative.

Lol that RD implies that his brain is still completely in tact.  😝

6 hour drive direct to venue left me frazzled. Driving stress leaves makes me more tired than anything. Maybe I need autopilot so I can relax on the way and Turn my seat backwards and catch up on the Netflix shows I’ve neglected. 

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

6 hour drive direct to venue left me frazzled. Driving stress leaves makes me more tired than anything. Maybe I need autopilot so I can relax on the way and Turn my seat backwards and catch up on the Netflix shows I’ve neglected. 

Do the best you can tonight.

I believe in you.

Praise DSO.

• Haha (+1) 1

Hi all - I'm Jon, from Connecticut. I met Rude over the weekend and he invited me to come down and join the board so while I'm sitting here in the airport making my way home from this mini run I thought I'd do just that. 

The very first thing I'd like to declare is something I'm sure so many of you already know, and that is Rude is not only an awesome guy but he is Extremely Generous. I got hang with him both while the music was playing and after and some of the things he did to spread love and positivity on a very personal level just made me say wow!

He also told me there were a lot of fine folks here and that the board was one of positivity and light. I hope to meet many more of ya as it seems to me that the DSO family is a warm and loving one.

After a lot of years and so many shows things reached a boiling point for me and I had to make some life changes, which also involved a live music hiatus. This summer when I was finally ready to jump back in I elected for DSO and when I got to my first show, saw & felt the scene and heard the music I just knew I was home.

P.S. I love to dance~

• Like (+1) 6

Rude- pm sent successfully back:)

Doc- thanks for the welcome!

Hardpan- omg, I do remember you & your brother from Asbury because you were the only guys I saw from Ct that night, and if I recall correctly you live like literally a few towns away from me. I'm the guy that spins a lot and who played water boy that night at setbreak & post show lol. You also hang with the Inspiration crew right? Ah, Ashbury, we had that Huge 2nd set hoedown behind the soundboard with a great dance group, big fun! Glad to see you here man. Unfortunately I will be away the entire 3 weeks of NE fall tour ( was booked b4 I stepped back into music, literally leaving two days before they hit the Calvin ) but will be around for Columbus & Pittsburgh as well as the 4 night NYE run. If I can drag my butt back in time from PA I was wanting to hit up JK & Melvin Seals at Toads that Sun night but it is an early start time for a show there so not sure but wow he would be a great fit with Melvin and those Jerry tunes... anyhow, look forward to dancin with ya again down the road, and thanks for sayin hi~

Mason- Yup, I do. I didn't get the pleasure to talk to you or your wife that night but I do remember you guys and your kids- kids & strollers stand out:)
Think I saw you & the family the night before in AC; again, due to kids. Next time I see ya I'll introduce myself to you & give everyone hugs.

I actually danced with your daughter for a quick bit, then she kept coming back at me with little girl scrunchie faces lol! She was totally adorable. 

Aaron. Mango! Aaron!! Got it. Hey man, how are you and your whole tribe doing?? Great I hope! I should have guessed you'd be here, the person who introduced me to you told me that you have been to a heroic number of DSO shows! You lucky son a gun.

My animal dance guide? Oh wow, leave it to you to ask me a heavy question like that. I dunno, I'll have to ponder this one... What leaps and spins and twirls and dances in absolute Perfect flow ( lol ya right!! but in my head, eh? sometimes I think I need a "wide berth" sign taped to my back ) to the communal energy & music? A dosed kangaroo??

BTW, you know those sparkly little mirrors you guys bestowed on me? So they were falling off of my arm due to the sweat so I stuck a strip on each shirt sleeve. Perfect, right? Problem solved. Made me feel happy and part of the group, yay! All was wondrous in the show, haha! Then, after a nice post show cool down with some folks I needed to drive back to Ct. All sweaty, I tossed that shirt off into the truck and put on a dry one for the ride home. Said to myself, self, be sure to take them off that shirt when you get home. Where am I going with this long winded story? I'll tell you. Arrived home at 4 am. Crashed in bed. Next day, let's wash the run of show clothes. Into the washer. Into the dryer. Dumped them on the bed, well what do you know one little mirror piece is glinting back at me. Un huh, forgot to take them off the shirt. Nice. Looked around, all I could find was the one on the bed, checked the washer & dryer, nothing. Here's the punch line- for the next week, every load of clothes brought forth one or two more little squares. On the bed, on the floor, it was really neat how they were seemingly everywhere. It would have simply been comical if I weren't living in fear all week of me or worse, my innocent fiance putting on a pair of underpants or socks and finding a nice sharp surprise! 

• Like (+1) 3