Drums>

Bass Solo>

Philo Stomp>

He's Gone>

The Other One

Casey Jones

E: Johnny B. Goode

filler My Brothers and Sisters

I did record the show tonight and will have links as to where to find it soon.

Edited by stdilbert
  • Like (+1) 4
8 minutes ago, Dharmada said:

That was about the longest first set that’s ever been. About 1:40. 14 songs?! It took all that my poor dancin feet had to give. Jeff stepping out on his Railroad Blues solo was thrilling. Truckin’ jam with smokestack notions. 

I love it when you can so clearly see that Jeff's having fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Dharmada said:

That was about the longest first set that’s ever been. About 1:40. 14 songs?! It took all that my poor dancin feet had to give. Jeff stepping out on his Railroad Blues solo was thrilling. Truckin’ jam with smokestack notions. 

Saw dark star do a 21 song set 1. I think the dead did one that had 23 songs in set 1. Last night was definitely a beast of a dance set!!!

thet finally opened up the 3rd floor balcony mid show and went up top. Like 40 total people up there. It’s near a 45 degree angle to the stage. That theater is so amazing. Acoustics are fantastic everywhere being an opera house. Every time I’m there I’m in awe of the ornate detail. You couldn’t make a theater like that today. Trying to find 50 master wood craftsman would be impossible. They even have red velvet footrests on the front row of the balcony. So many tiny details everywhere and unlike many theaters, this one had an endowment so it never became run down. I was surprised it wasn’t sold anymore than it was hence not opening the he top balcony b4 show started, but everyone in Milwaukee got down. A friend said only 8 people were sitting in the 2nd balcony and the rest were dancing. Everyone else was up and grooving. On the 3rd floor all 40 were getting down. With less than an hour left a security person who was in a bad mood decides to try to clear us out of the good dance walkway but was greeted with many “no thank yous” so she called in another guy. Was sort of silly considering there was no one for us to bother up there. Eventually she gave up. Met a new starhead, John from Connecticut, who just picked up seeing them on summer tour who makes Bill K look like a head bobber if you can believe that, but we did have a 60 foot walkway to play with and used every bit of it. Always great to see new people who will be hitting a lot of shows. Had a good group pop back to the aLoft for drinks til late night as a cherry on top. 

I was rhe only one in the group heading home today. Hope everyone has a great show tonight!! Cya in Louisville or ft Wayne 

• Forum MVP

So wanting to know more about the Pabst I found a quick tidbit. Opened in 1895(took less than 1 year from Frederick Pabst ordering it built after his previous opera house burned down in January 95 to it opening at a cost of $300k), it is the 4th longest continually operating theater in the US. Then I saw some reviews of the theater on trip advisor so was curious what others thought and this was the most recent review from earlier this month. 

This guy really gets the spirit 😂. I always thought dancing ushers were a plus. I don’t think he’d have liked the crowd last night considering the whole joint was hopping. Note to self. If you buy a seat, it’s meant for sitting 

363-B97-DA-637-B-4-A67-A124-312-AD8-BECA

stdilbert- hey man, I think I met you Sat night in Madison. Dave introduced me to a taper behind the soundboard and as you are the only taper I saw I am assuming it was you. We also talked after the show as you were breaking down, you told me about your stealth Robert Plant taping? If this was you, I wanted to give you a shout out for your taping service and again say thanks for doing what you do. I want to hit up the archive and give that wind up into the Other One sandwich a relisten. Man that one was freakin' intense. I love those slow teases and builds that then, finally, explode!

PS. Watch out for silly girls who bump the stand! 

On that 21 song 1st set at the Pabst. Wow, I never take a timepiece into a show and you know how time sorta bends and distorts when you're caught up in the moment? That first set messed with my head, I thought it was never gonna end. The music was liquid fire this night, it was so sweet.

Rude's right, the theater was gorgeous. I've been to a lot of grand old theaters before but this one was a work of art, not what I expected for Milwaukee at all. Stellar sound, even up top.  And I'll also second what Rude said about the crowd, they were stoked and the entire place was rocking start to finish. Like it show be at a show, but isn't always... it's the kind of place you want to make a point of going back to if ya can, or to to go to if ya haven't. 

um, that was supposed to be Like it *should* be at a show.

• Like (+1) 1
On 9/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, Ct-Jon said:

stdilbert- hey man, I think I met you Sat night in Madison. Dave introduced me to a taper behind the soundboard and as you are the only taper I saw I am assuming it was you. We also talked after the show as you were breaking down, you told me about your stealth Robert Plant taping? If this was you, I wanted to give you a shout out for your taping service and again say thanks for doing what you do. 

Yep.  That was me  that you met.  For the two WI shows,  I was the lone taper for those.  I just posted a link for the Madison show on that thread.  the bump wasn't that bad afterall.  Thanks for you words of praise.  My therapist keeps telling me I need to give myself a pat on the back.  It is hard to do being a perfectionist Virgo and all.

• Like (+1) 1