Ready or Not

BillK522

• Forum MVP

A rare release I will sit out.  Although at least they got the Days Between right.  12-11-94 Oakland is without question the definitive version.  This makes me want to revisit the '92 Star Lake So Many Roads.

I wonder what happened to Shoe Fits, Childhood's End, and Wave to the Wind?  :rofl:

• Forum MVP

Hahaha at “test the limits”, Bill.

Indeed.

I shall sample, as this appears to be coming out on Apple Music, to which I am a subscriber.  

I was at the Eternity (Memphis), and remember it having some great music, but the lyrics just were uncool to me, so I could never get with this tune.  Plus, not much to dance to with it, either.

I was also at the W2GH (Deer Creek), which was a SMOKING show.  

https://archive.org/details/gd92-06-28.sbd.braverman.8601.sbeok.shnf

The album is a neat idea, and I’m sure that it sounds fantastic.  All of the songs included have grown on me over time, except for one, which continues to offend as much as it did when offered up live back then.

Maybe it’s because I never elect to listen to it when I (now) have a choice?

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, DesertDead said:

All of the songs included have grown on me over time, except for one, which continues to offend as much as it did when offered up live back then.

Samba much?  Sizzling garbage, IMO.  Way to Go Home had some spots for Jerry to shine - which was way too infrequent in 1992.

That 12/11/94 Days Between is indeed the goods - 12/19/94 is right there too. 

• Forum MVP

Tea,

Due to your disrespectful "sizzling garbage" remark, in relation to a Grateful Dead song of all things, you need to make amends by ranking these songs in order of preference.  The penance being that it will make you contemplate the material.  Rate 'em 1 thru 4.

Samba

Shoe Fits

Childhood's End

Wave To The Wind

• Forum MVP

I know the shade cast on GD's last material is low-hanging fruit but it is what it is.  MAYBE if the band had more time to lets these songs steep a little, they could've been a bit better.  Here's a sample ranking: 

Samba

Shoe Fits

Childhood's End

Wave To The Wind

There - I did it.

Of those songs, Wave to the Wind and Shoe Fits have lyrics that spark a little intrigue.

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, BillK522 said:

I actually danced hard for Samba.

Like loving an ugly dog from the pound.

Someone has to do it.

Praise DSO.

It's clear that BillK522 is fully-actualized.  Not sure if I'll ever get there - I need a little help from my friends.

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Mango said:

During the confines of a grateful dead show....i will dance to anything they play.

I hope i can live up to that...

See, my problem (one of my problems) back then was I smoked tobacco, so some songs would come along and be smoke breaks.

Broken Arrow, I’m looking at you.

Archived