Ft Wayne, IN > 10/9/2019

Tea

• Forum MVP

6/30/84 > Indianapolis Sports & Music Center

I

Jack Straw ; Dire Wolf ; New Minglewood Blues ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Far From Me ; My Brother Esau ; Ramble On Rose ; Lost Sailor > Saint Of Circumstance > Deal

II
Shakedown Street > Playing In The Band > Terrapin Station > Drums > Space > Playing In The Band ; Truckin' > Spoonful > Stella Blue > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > One More Saturday Night

E:  Keep Your Day Job

Filler: Werewolves Of London
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

More space than I’ve had a a Dso show in years.  Wide open. Flat massive dance floor. We were up front with a 15x20 area for 10 of us. No one crowded in. It was marvelous. If you wanted to go by the soundboard you could have a 30x30 area solo during set 2. What a great time. The whole crowd got down because we had tons of space. What’s good for the fans isn’t always good for the band, but once in a while 400 peeps in a big room is a dream come true. I realized the more space you get the more spoiled you get. When someone would move into my massive space I’d end up moving back. Normally I’d be like join this huge area but it got to where I wanted to dance all alone lol. It was super fun and the sound was great. Dso rules the 80s. I think they are best when they play 80s style. I don’t even think it’s close to any other era playing wise. Maybe considering they saw more Brent shows than any other keyboardist may play a factor. Or maybe I’ve been on this 80s kick lately and really adore the 83-84 shows. I think the dead was on top of their game then. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I ain’t often right but I’ve never been wrong. 

Maybe since I like the 80s shows Dso more than other eras sans the rare 69, it clouded my perception. 

But gimme that variety!!! 

Anorher subjective comment is approaching....the Midwest is the best area to see Dso shows ;)  The crowd I think fully releases more than other areas of the country. Only really the west could argue that but I think it’s a more controlled, possibly more elegant of a dance vs a full on boogie. Then add in the space from past 2 nights and the crowd is left panting. 

• Forum MVP
On 10/11/2019 at 12:49 PM, Rbarracoph said:

For me our wheelhouse is the Keith era. But that’s what makes the ball bounce, no? I will say playing the GS-1 is the shit, though;-)

i dinna ken. Ashland this spring was braw and canty. Aye, maybe my GOAT. I had to make sure several times it wasn’t a dream. 

the GS-1 is a beauty!