2020 Winter West Coast Tour

• Forum MVP
  • Forum MVP

Been incredible amounts of rain lately out in NW...January set records for the month in towns throughout Western WA. In recent days there's been standing water in places I've never seen it before. Had 7.6" in my rain gauge for the month...

Olympia had around 18" for January...jeez

Point is,,it's been rather wet and dreary and getting out for some MUSIC and DANCE and vitamin DSO is sounding DAMN good about now...ready for the band to bring in the sunshine later this week 🤪!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Right on Tea and thanks!

Actually, Sunday and Monday were dry and sunny...so nice. Although we've gotten another inch and a half of rain since then,,and another 1.5 inches coming at us before show time tomorrow....been pretty steady non stop for last 36 hours...

So YES! Ready to soak up every drop of sunshine DSO kicks out!! 😎

Counting the hours now....

Getting pretty excited for a Friday night, Saturday night Portland/Eugene double feature.

This will be my 13th year seeing DSO. My, how the time flies.

I don't love the venue that DSO plays in Portland these days, but I HAVE seen some excellent stuff there. 

A quick perusal of the setlist archive reminds me that I saw Lisa absolutely tear the house down a couple years back with a show-stopping "Chimes of Freedom". The "White Rabbit" from the next night wasn't too shabby, either. There was also this, from a 2017 elective: Crazy Fingers > Hey Jude > drums > space > Saint Stephen > Not Fade Away > Stella Blue > Saint Stephen (reprise) > Not Fade Away (reprise). That actually happened.

Then there's Eugene. As Oteil Burbridge once said, Eugene is like the "old growth forest of Deadheads". A magical place. Always, always a great time down there, and I know the band loves playing in Oregon in general.

Aaaanywho...it's gonna be more fun than a frog in a glass of milk, and I'll see y'all there!

Edited by goganious
  • Like (+1) 2