The Peak of Pennsylvania

Billy DeLyon

Just like the Prince of Pistoleers DSO will be moseying into town for their annual pre-Thanksgiving pilgrimage.  By my numbers the band has played the Peak 25 previous times.  Here's a list of the years they've played previously with some electives mixed in.  Anybody looking for a special year or show they're hoping to hear?

I wound't mind a super looong 1973 set.  Maybe a 6/10/1973 ~ RFK.  Or maybe a 12/31/78 ~ Winterland Closing ;)

*An interesting one though would be 11/27/70 .  A show from Syndrome - Chicago IL.  I don't know if there are any recordings of it.  The only setlist available was apparently jotted down by an audience member who wasn't exactly sure of the songs order.  If anyone could crack the case it would be DSO.  I'm just gonna be thankful to have the band get to the venue safely (no snow or ice in the forecast I hope i.e. 2014 when the band had to come back a day or two later due to bad weather)  and be there among family and friends.  Can't wait for another smokin' show!

There are some vague memories of this show on setlists.net; but most interesting is an entry on dead.net by someone who apparently wrote down the setlist at the time (with some errors) -

Casey Jones
Hard to Handle
China Cat
Brokedown Palace [out of place]
I Know You Rider
Candyman
Trucking
Cryptical Envelopment [= Other One]
Black Peter
Goin Down the Line [BIODTL]
Mona - Not Fade Away [played later on, w/o Mona]
Sugar Magnolia
Smokestack Lightning
Me and Bobby McGee
St Stephen
Good Lovin
Goin Down the Road
Uncle John's Band
Lovelight

download.jpg

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Billy DeLyon said:

Just like the Prince of Pistoleers DSO will be moseying into town for their annual pre-Thanksgiving pilgrimage.  By my numbers the band has played the Peak 25 previous times.  Here's a list of the years they've played previously with some electives mixed in.  Anybody looking for a special year or show they're hoping to hear?

Don't worry - Eaton's algorithm has got you covered

brain.gif?format=1500w 

• Forum MVP

I heard there may get be some super high winds in the area, especially on mountain peaks. True story, not trying to be a party pooper. So, if you weigh less than a hundred pounds, you better keep some loose change in your pocket so that you don’t get blown away. Save that for when you’re in the venue. Let the band do that to you! 

Archived