Let’s get serious for a minute.

stillrockinout

Howdy Folks, I’ll get right to it. Six weeks ago I had a colonoscopy, the news was not good. I had colon cancer. Had the surgery two weeks ago, it was stage one so they think we got it all. I’m at home for about six weeks but I should be Ok going forward. My big point here is to urge everyone to get checked early and often. You don’t want this. Peace to All. See you at Jubilee. ☮️ Bob

P.S.  I am 63. This was my second checkup. Clearly not enough. 

• Forum MVP

He’s right, get checked early and often. Cancer’s a bitch and she stays up late, works hard. I just had blood work last week to screen for Prostate cancer. I got an endoscopy last January (plus colonoscopy) after learning that my brother had just been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. I’m good for now, but I’m still nine years younger than my dad was when he was first diagnosed with Breast cancer. He’s been fighting it for twenty one years but is at the end times now. Hospice is now on the scene. There’s nothing left to do. He’s been through all of the meds and weapons that they have. Cancer will take over and kill him, so, yea, go to the doctor. Get checked out. Don’t be proud. Don’t be afraid. Let them see if they can find it. 

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR......

• Forum MVP

That's a good PSA, rockinout.

When did you get your first one and what did they find/tell you then?

I ask because I'm 53, had my first on schedule at 50, and they found a small polyp causing them to put me on the 5 year plan.  Not so excited about that, but would obviously be much less excited about colon cancer.

Archived