Redrocks 2020????

• Forum MVP

I’d love to do Colorado run again. I’d like to make a week out of it and bring the boys and camp our way cross country. See some stuff. We’ve always wanted to see Rushmore and Crazy Horse. But for this imaginary trip to happen the dates would have to be before school starts for either. And the youngest starts end of July. So this is more likely a pipe dream for later

Why wouldnt there be Redrocks this year?  Best venue in the country from my perspective.  Loved both shows there.  The only downside (if you can call it a downside) is that with it being such a big venue with lots of ticket sales needed, it has resulted in being the only time DSO comes around to CO in that given year.  If they revert back to playing at various times of the year in smaller venues for a bit thats cool too.  Just want some 2020 DSO!!! 

Cheers, Chris

Edited by cbtrtbum
  • Forum MVP

Ok, here goes. I’ve had this thought for a while. Think this through with me. I often wonder why Dark Star Orchestra doesn’t play bigger venues. Would that require playing less often? Do they not want to do that to their Deadicated fans? They draw some respectable crowds. Hell, they sold out Red Rocks. They sell out Jamaica. Then they go and play the Bottle and Cork. Yea, I know they like it but the floor isn’t even flat. It’s like walking around a construction site. 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Or...if not bigger venues,,more 2-3 night runs in same place. Same concept though...let people come to them ☺️

2nd this. I'm guessing they would do this if they could, there's no way it's more profitable to burn fossil fuels doing one night stands.

• Forum MVP

I love multi night runs but one thing I also love about DSO sometimes hits town other bands don’t. We do 3 night run in Denver, Chicago, Philadelphia, New York. You won’t get Penns or Indy or Fort Wayne or those dumps in Jersey. 3 nights DC means no Richmond no Norva. 

I love that DSO has taken me all over. Huntington, WV waterfront was cool. How bout Driggs, ID. 

Omaha was first place I laid eyes on my lady. One of the first nights we hung out was somewhere in Indiana on a venue change. Evansville maybe. I think 2muchfun from around those parts. 

• Like (+1) 3
On 12/18/2019 at 10:00 PM, Mango said:

I was hoping for 3 nights at RR this year!

LOVE!!

7 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I love multi night runs but one thing I also love about DSO sometimes hits town other bands don’t. We do 3 night run in Denver, Chicago, Philadelphia, New York. You won’t get Penns or Indy or Fort Wayne or those dumps in Jersey. 3 nights DC means no Richmond no Norva. 

I love that DSO has taken me all over. Huntington, WV waterfront was cool. How bout Driggs, ID. 

Omaha was first place I laid eyes on my lady. One of the first nights we hung out was somewhere in Indiana on a venue change. Evansville maybe. I think 2muchfun from around those parts. 

Did u say Driggs :)

9 hours ago, Mango said:

2nd this. I'm guessing they would do this if they could, there's no way it's more profitable to burn fossil fuels doing one night stands.

thanks for saying this > so true my friend..

• Forum MVP

How about playing  the old Charlotte Coliseum, now known as the Independence Arena!  Great headshop, vinyl store and graphic artist Tripp sometimes at Jubilee super close by, The sound was amazing first row balcony when I saw Neil Peart and the Rush Red Dot tour. It is the second largest unsupported dome in the world, after St Peter’s Cathedral in Rome. 

it holds 12,000. This would be epic

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 12/20/2019 at 5:02 PM, Mason's Child said:

DSO in Evansville. Yes..venue change from Egyptian room in Indy.

Surreal in many ways..like clouds a streaming

34 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

Sounds like your angling for a 

backyard show, Hardpan.

Praise DSO.

Who me?? 😁 they played a new CT venue this summer, nice location on the water and cool venue, an outdoor brewery, but it was packed chock full to the gills. They're converting a minor league baseball stadium into the Bridgeport amphitheatre, depending on the configuration it could be cool. Love the minor league stadium they play in Rochester, good sound and lots of space. Supposedly this new place will have some kind of membrane roof, not sure if it will be retractable or what, sounds interesting. I see the work in progress from the highway when I drive by. But yes please, a backyard show would be great 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...