Previously unpublished Hunter Interview

John A

• Forum MVP

From 2013. There's some good stuff in here.

And when it comes to Jerry, I’ll just say right out front that I am one lucky lyricist to have had Jerry Garcia to work with. I never get tired of those melodies. The man’s genius is there. He’s with those songs. It’s part of what he’s left.

https://relix.com/articles/detail/if-my-words-did-glow-an-unpublished-archival-robert-hunter-interview/?utm_source=Relix+Daily&utm_campaign=d9be0b95e4-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_12_23_04_41&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_486e6e4b54-d9be0b95e4-26103549&mc_cid=d9be0b95e4&mc_eid=8056932ef0

• Forum MVP

In the interview from 2013, Hunter mentions his writing of poetry and even a science fiction story. I was interested in finding some of these words so I searched Amazon. To my surprise there was is a wealth of books availible by "Robert Hunter" but it is a common name. After sorting past the book about the game of golf and someone else's science fiction, I did find Sentinel and Other Poems by our Robert .

This collection of poems .... features rhythmic, philosophical meditations on art, authenticity, public perception, and love."

Peace, Love, and Merry Christmas,

Doc

Here's another  Night Cadre

"Grateful Dead lyricist Hunter (see Box of Rain, LJ 1/91) offers up 60-some poems not resembling song lyrics. Generally concerned with self, self-reference ( I begins several poems and is a common word), and significance, the collection is imagistically strong. Hunter would certainly seem to agree with MacLeish that a poem should not mean, but be; the reader should not approach this expecting extreme clarity. But the poems are resonant and tricky, leaving room for thought. "I have no time for believers./ My faith suits none but me," says one of Hunter's speakers, but this collection will attract believers (read Deadheads) and should be of interest to mainstream poetry readers as well."

I can't tell whish Robert Hunter wote "Glass Lunch"

Archived