Jump to content
sml

2019-12-28

Recommended Posts

Cats Down Under The Stars
Think
Run For The Roses
Strange Man
Who Was John
Shining Star
C'est La Vie
Tangled Up In Blue

 

Feel Like A Stranger
Terrapin Station >
Playin' In The Band >
Low Spark >
Drums >
Space >
Saint Stephen >
Morning Dew

 

Box Of Rain

 

Working on my own here - Missing any?

 

Eaton was out first set because of a flight delay.

Jerry set was a lovely welcomed treat.

Whole show raged.

Drums went back to the Low Spark pops before space.

The Palace is pretty great.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 

"Filler" only occurs as an addition to a recreation. So, no. Great show. Loved the dark crunchy feel of Feel Like a Stranger after the gospel goodness of set one. The Dew was peak shit. Good times in the palace~

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
 
6 hours ago, sml said:

Cats Down Under The Stars
Think
Run For The Roses
Strange Man
Who Was John
Shining Star
C'est La Vie
Tangled Up In Blue

 

Feel Like A Stranger
Terrapin Station >
Playin' In The Band >
Low Spark >
Drums >
Space >
Saint Stephen >
Morning Dew

 

Box Of Rain

 

Working on my own here - Missing any?

 

Eaton was out first set because of a flight delay.

Jerry set was a lovely welcomed treat.

Whole show raged.

Drums went back to the Low Spark pops before space.

The Palace is pretty great.

You Can Never Tell between Who Was John and Shining Star in first set I believe? Morning Dew was rocking! 

Share this post


Link to post
 
 

How epic to open 2nd set with Stranger just arriving into the scene!! And into Terrapjn because the band was all together pulling into the station. Good juju there. 
 

what a juicy set. Big ups to all you cats! 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 

JGB set was extremely bluesy. Heard a couple people complaining, yet for our crew, we welcomed it with open arms and big smiles.  What a treat to have JGB and GOGD all in one night.

 

game ball goes to Headband.  Fire all night 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 

Was the Low Spark a bust out? I’ve never seen them, nor heard them donut before.  Headband was awesome on it.  And the guitar effects from Jeff lit it up

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
1 hour ago, newyawker said:

Was the Low Spark a bust out? I’ve never seen them, nor heard them donut before.  Headband was awesome on it.  And the guitar effects from Jeff lit it up

They played it a few times this fall, their first was at night three of the Capitol Theater run where they filled in for Phil. 

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

We got one in DC at the Anthem. It was everything they said it could be,.... And then some. 

My hope is it gets in the rotation, like white rabbit has. Giddy up mother fucker!

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
 

I loved the Jerry Garcia band first set. I ve been enjoying that music more than straight Grateful Dead. My older brother, Cary, who has gotten on the bus in the last few years,  preferred the second set of GD songs which he was familiar with.

Peace and Love

Doc

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

JGB has always been a light hearted playful repertoire of music. I feel no cares in the world and it all looks like love in this Jerry sphere. 
 

For me the GD music takes on the light and the dark, like seers.  It feels like a Jedi fighting at times, wroughting the good into existence.  Can you tell I’ve been watching the Madalorian lol

 

i can’t wait to get on the bus. What the Untold destination looks like? I know  it will arrive wrapped in love   - and it will be a great dance to get there 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
 

Stranger > Terrapin > VERY RARE, maybe never done by either band? Too lazy to look it up... excellent might I add.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • LMAO 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
5 hours ago, Weather Command said:

Stranger > Terrapin > VERY RARE, maybe never done by either band? Too lazy to look it up... excellent might I add.

I looked around, only done once by the Grateful Dead, 5/11/80, out of 43 times they played both songs the same night, rare indeed! Also interesting that this setlist also includes Playing in the Band as the next song in the set, same as on 5/11/80.

 

05/11/80
Cumberland County Civic Center - Portland, ME

Set 1:
Alabama Getaway
Promised Land
They Love Each Other
Cassidy
Loser
It's All Over Now
Easy To Love You
Big Railroad Blues
Looks Like Rain
Don't Ease Me In
The Music Never Stopped

Set 2:
Scarlet Begonias
Fire On The Mountain
Feel Like A Stranger
Terrapin Station
Playin' In The Band
Drums
Black Peter
Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad
Around And Around
Johnny B. Goode

Encore:
Brokedown Palace

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 1/5/2020 at 2:55 AM, Hardpan said:

I looked around, only done once by the Grateful Dead, 5/11/80, out of 43 times they played both songs the same night, rare indeed! Also interesting that this setlist also includes Playing in the Band as the next song in the set, same as on 5/11/80.

 

05/11/80
Cumberland County Civic Center - Portland, ME

Set 1:
Alabama Getaway
Promised Land
They Love Each Other
Cassidy
Loser
It's All Over Now
Easy To Love You
Big Railroad Blues
Looks Like Rain
Don't Ease Me In
The Music Never Stopped

Set 2:
Scarlet Begonias
Fire On The Mountain
Feel Like A Stranger
Terrapin Station
Playin' In The Band
Drums
Black Peter
Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad
Around And Around
Johnny B. Goode

Encore:
Brokedown Palace

 

funny, this was the night after my first show...stranger that night too...wow, those 2 shows back to back..sick shit..

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

The Boys were feeling pretty frisky that night in Portland, ME.  Check out the GDTRFB.  Turbo charged.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 1/7/2020 at 5:08 PM, John A said:

The Boys were feeling pretty frisky that night in Portland, ME.  Check out the GDTRFB.  Turbo charged.

Listened to this show last night, killer indeed, great second set sequence. 

Share this post


Link to post
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Latest Videos

  • Video Statistics

    • Videos
      108
    • Submitters
      17
    • Comments
      53
    • Views
      48,272

    Tea
    Latest Video
    Visions of Johanna By Tea
  • Latest Comments

    • That Lucky ‘ol Sun
      By: gr8fulpair · 06/23/2019
      A song that for me totally embodies the relationship between two incredible talents that speak to one another thru their instruments. They both really shine in this one. Heard Jeff do it last year, I think Atlanta, and he fucking killed it.  Makes me emotional to hear Jerry sing it during this era. He was awesome.
    • Deal 9/5/89
      By: Ammagamalin Crew · 05/01/2019
      I did both those jgb merriweather shows, alpine and poplar creek. Horn hat AKG 460's > dbx224(battery converted) >d5. The dixie at merriweather, the lonesome at Alpine and the let's spend at poplar were choice. Heading to Louisville this weekend for Uli jon roth , closest thing to hendrix I've ever seen. My first deal was when jg opened for fz August 1984 in Chicago. the studio version is a good listen.
    • Deal 9/5/89
      By: LangeradoSoul · 05/01/2019
      I love this song. I love the record version, and I love how it changed over the years. There were more than a few hot ones in 1983-1984, then while always good, it seems that 1989 brought out extra hot ones again. I love this one with JGB, its a toss up between this one and the Alpine Valley shows from the summer which I like best from that year.
    • Clementine - Live, 1968-02-02
      By: izaacb · 02/24/2019
      Has DSO ever played this song? I would love to hear it live
    • The Motorcycle Song -- Arlo Guthrie
      By: goganious · 02/09/2019
      I once bought a kitten and he just kept meowing and meowing. He talked quite a bit. Then I started stringing up my guitar that evening, and he came over and started pawing at the frets, meowing meowing meowing. I looked at this overly talkative creature who was now trying to play his dad's guitar, and the name was obvious at once: Arlo.  12 years later, he still talks a lot. Love Arlo Guthrie. Such a unique and funny personality. Have seen him a few times. He always puts on a great show.
  • Recently Browsing
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×
  • Create New...