Welmont last night...

Tuckin Frippin

Definite issues with Rob’s guitar.  I actually wondered at one point if it was intentional. Healy was known to mess with Bobby’s sound in the 80s.  First set as I recall was Shakedown, Minglewood, FOTD, Bucket, Birdsong, Used To Love Her, Might As Well. Solid but Rob was definitely having gear issues.  Second set was stronger. China>Rider, Estimated, Eyes, D/S. Unfortunately the feedback issues were not completely fixed. At some point in the Eyes jam Jeff definitely played a few lines from Moondance. Pretty cool that they then played It Stoned Me later. So I was told. Unfortunately we had to leave early. Promised our babysitter we would be home by midnight. Would love to hear a review post-space.  First half of set two was excellent, well played, high energy but the feedback definitely detracted a bit. Hope they fix it for you guys tonight! Happy New Year everyone.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

8-29-83 - Silva Hall at the Hult Center > Eugene, OR

(I)  Shakedown Street, Minglewood Blues, Friend Of The Devil, Hell In A Bucket, Bird Song, It's All Over Now, Might As Well

(II) China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Estimated Prophet-> Eyes Of The World-> Drums-> Space -> The Wheel-> The Other One-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Johnny B. Goode

E:  U.S. Blues

F:  Stoned Me?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

As for the feedback,

the instrument I was playing is a vintage Yamaha synth that Brent used in that era. It has a setting that allows me to create a feedback effect much like a guitar can. Brent used it often and can be heard on many shows between 83 and 87

sorry if it threw y’all;-)

RB

• Like (+1) 8