Favorite Pigpen Lines

Hardpan

Anyone got any good lines they like from Pigpen's raps? The funnier, dirtier, etc, the better. Any whole raps etc, would also be good, song and date appreciated!

I'll mention the famous Brooklyn Bridge rap, from Good Lovin on 4/17/71, where our hero goes off in search of some cheap company, which he eventually finds. My favorite part is the creative aftermath:

"Cost me a buck and a quarter

For my pony ride,

Twenty more dollars when the doctor was by my side.

He's got that needle, 

Sayin', brother, you in trouble"

• Forum MVP

‘You know, you’re just seventeen years of age’ . He’d get locked up for that one these days. 
 I like when he talks about standing there with your hands in your pockets. You can’t get no good lovin’ if you’re just standing there with your hands in your pockets. 
 Rob Does a great job of bringing him back to life. 

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Tea said:

She’s got box-back nitties, Great big noble thighs, Working undercover with her boar hog eye

That one is tough to top.

And anytime Pig is telling some poor dude to take his hands out of his pockets, you're generally in for a good ride.

• Forum MVP

A transcription from 4/27/71 

“I wanna ask everybody now – all you fellas standin’ around, whatcha doin’ with your hands right now? You have them in your pockets? Does anybody have their hands in their pockets? Alright, everybody raise your hands so I can see there ain’t nobody got their hands in their pockets! If I find somebody who do, you in trouble, because I know you’re playing pocket pool. I tell you what now, you keep your hands out of your pockets, fellas, and I’ll tell you what you do with ‘em. You might find some little lady standin’ next to ya – all you got to reach over and say, ‘what’s your name?’ That’s all you got to do. If you want a little company this evening, don’t stand around going like this… Ask some young lady, does she want to do it for you! Hey, does anybody around right down here got a little young lady on their mind that’s right around ‘em? Anybody standing down here got a young girl they’d like to take home this evening? C’mon, raise your hand, must be somebody. All right – how would you like to go home with that chick? [audience cheers] Right, all you got to do is walk over and say, ‘hello, lady!’ Go on, go on! Just walk over, say ‘what’s your name?’ You pick out anyone you want. Tell her Pigpen said it was OK. Go get one – c’mon, you got to catch one. You got one? Alright, what’s your name? Chris and Marsha have just made it! [cheers] Now see, everybody ought to do that, man. All you fellas just walk over to some girl that you would like to get in bed with and say, ‘hello.’ And tell her Pigpen said it was OK. And if her mother wants to complain, tell her to write to her congressman! Ain’t none of my business; I’m just makin’ suggestions. [to band] I suggest you play your guitar.” And the band jams triumphantly… - Grateful Dead guide: Pigpen solo

• Forum MVP

"I got a full tank of gas and 4:10 gears in overdrive."

"Aint none of my business. I'm just making suggestions..." lmao

From "Keep Rolling By"...."just keep on going with it, and just stay on top of it for a little while" 

aka Come Back Baby.. hadn't heard this one until today. That is Pigpen on the piano.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived