Any body hear the Greatful dead during Packers vs Seahawks

deadheadmike07

Good morning everybody,

Anybody else catch the Saint Of Circumstance line during the Packers vs Seahawks game yesterday? During the 3rd quarter after the Packers scored they went to a commercial break and before the break they played this line: "This must be heaven" with Bob Weir singing.... I almost fell out of my chair!!!  So cool to get a Grateful Dead song during a football game. Enjoy the day everybody....     

• Forum MVP

Hi Mike - yeah I heard it.  Shakedown too - had to rewind to make sure!   Also heard what I thought was a Phish song as well as Tom Sawyer by Rush in honor of Neil Pert.  Pretty cool.

Yes, I heard Saint of Circumstance.  I wonder if the boys got royalties!!  You would think they'd at least play if for a Saints game.  I was thrown back.  I bet one person out there heard the song and googled it.  They may have stole another face.  I must have missed Shakedown

• Forum MVP

They absolutely have to give their permission for their songs to be played.  And they get paid a royalty if they do.

Although Hunter has made it clear that he was protective of their property for what felt right to him (very little), I’m still sort of surprised we don’t hear GD music a bit more often than barely ever.  Perhaps the respective estates will green light more usage.

I sure would like more EOTW during elevator rides.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived