JITS night 1

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

how could they not play a High Time in Jamaica? Plus, it must be like Terrapin Station there. Another very wise choice of sets by the band, kinda like the dead were when the machine was running well, each song had meaning to the particular venue they were playing at, esp 6/30/87 Toronto with the scary border check getting to Wonderland (listed as Kingswood theater on relisten , but it was actually called the Wonderland amphitheater)

• Forum MVP

If you know me, you my know occurrences tend  to happen in my life that can have big portent or lovely serendipity, or both! Let’s just say when I create, it can be big and this was one with both. 

I listened to a show from 1972 opening with GSET on the plane ride down and this opener got my attention immediately! Jeff in the far left queued me that it was a later 70s KaD show. (There are these great shirts about with Donnaholic written on them, floating around the show) Too good. Incidentally, I was also beginning the Deadology book on the flight and read Oct 19th entry, or Chapter 1. Guess what is next- 2/17. 😂 Had The GD had nights as inspired as this night in 1978, we might not have had Brent come on the scene as soon as 4/22. The book says no matter the crazy times of late 1979, Jerry and Kahn touring were always a constant. Their  show on 2/17/80 had some lovely gems. “That’s Alright Mama”and “After Midnight-> Eleanor-> After Midnight!” We got both!!!!      these  gems - it was pirates booty in Jamaica. A full chest of it!  

A beautiful day and I can’t tell you how happy it made me to be in Jamaica on the 29th anniversary of my dear best friend, good natured, genuine love Zephyr’s death. It felt good to have redemption songs fill my head as I have climbed mountains. 

i have been waiting for a Jack A Roe and it was lovely!! The Lazy Lightning -> Supplication was juiced, and just spun to a blistering end. The Shakedown was completely right on time and totally unexpected and the energy sizzled all around. LLRain was beautifully harmonized with the swaying palms and lapping pf the waves. From the Heart of Me epic. Gosh, Lisa you bring the angels close, bending in to hear. As I said, it was so good. Hard to quantify but these combos work and really make for a lovely evening under the stars. 

thank you everyone! You made my night 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1