Northeast Spring Dates, Show #3000

Hardpan

Just saw the northeast spring dates DSO put up, should hopefully be able to hit a good handful along with Jubilee. It looks like show #3000 is going to fall on Thursday 5/14/20, at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, NJ. No mention of this momentous number on the tour announcement or anything, going to try to make it there.

• Forum MVP

The west is the best but the south is better in April. Plus southerners are more polite. I consider myself a liberal but in Portland I was a red hat in comparison. You use cheer laundry detergent. You monster(I have changed to Meyers hand and dish soap at home). I was literally called racist because i said that on average caucasians are taller than Asians. I said saying that certain tribes of people are genetically taller or faster or smarter isn’t racist. It’s like if i was a chieftain of a small tribe and had 20 children, my ancestors would likely be taller and thinner than other tribes. That’s not racist.  So I accepted that I’m a rational moderate. Plus the south is cheap to live in. If PG sold her plantation, they would have to downgrade to a small 2 bedroom apt in Berkeley but instead they have servants quarters separate from the main mansion whereas in Cali the servants would have to share the main home and who wants that. In Kentucky the servants can luckily afford to rent a trailer and afford lots of food which is why there’s so much wealth equality and obesity. In Oregon people can barely afford to eat so obesity is minimal in comparison. What were we talking about again. 

11 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Who’s newsletter? What newsletter? May I please be included in this secret society? What’s the code?

the Hamilton’s newsletter... but I give you a clue... it’s the title of the fifth song on the ninth Grateful Dead studio album

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Rude you said the Asians wouldn’t know where the bar is cause they only go to the library. 

It was a hilarious joke at the time in context. It’s stereotyping, not racism. Racism is discriminating based on beliefs that you are better. I just made a joke. It was funny 😂

2 hours ago, Tea said:

Rude - Wow!  Love you brotha but time for decaf

So now I can’t string a story together anymore..... ok off the forums another few months. 

• Forum MVP

It was funny. I still think it’s rooted in racism. It’s a judgment based on race. Someone with a masters in race related studies agreed with me. Lots of good comedy rooted in racism. It didn’t cross the line for me to offensive. Some comedy does. It was funny. We were in good spirits that night. 

• Forum MVP

racism...I don't imagine that you fit into my idea of it- however it's an extremely sensitive subject, and with good reason. Political correctness  wears high heels some West coast places. Just as they were perhaps overreacting to you- perhaps you are overreacting to them.

Either way, I'm making some noise for more West coast shows. Two tours a year. And Feb is a shitty time to do it. That being said....I'll be there and will be Grateful.

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

racism...I don't imagine that you fit into my idea of it- however it's an extremely sensitive subject, and with good reason. Political correctness  wears high heels some West coast places. Just as they were perhaps overreacting to you- perhaps you are overreacting to them.

Either way, I'm making some noise for more West coast shows. Two tours a year. And Feb is a shitty time to do it. That being said....I'll be there and will be Grateful.

What time of year did they used to do the second west coast tour? I've seen a June West coast run in past tour dates, something I would attempt to get in on if it ever happened again. Can't get away from work in winter to go play.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Grateful ❤️

• Forum MVP
On 1/22/2020 at 3:24 PM, Mango said:

I have one thing to say...

...it's time to return to two West coast tours a year. Seriously.

There must be things like supply/demand, population density, and travel costs/times in between gigs at work.  

Said differently, they’re convinced that it’s, at times, easier for you, MC, and sml to jump on a plane, and they have ample evidence that you will do so, haha.

• Forum MVP

I feel that DSO tries their best to hit all the spots, a saturation of the country, but I did notice in the beginning the epicenter of shows seemed to be in the mid Atlantic area. I was always pleased to see shows nearby. Show 1,000 at the Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia. Philly and Baltimore seemed to be home for New Years, reminiscent of San Fran for the Grateful Dead. Come on, they hit Delaware twice a year. Most people don’t even know that it’s a state. I’m grateful, feel spoiled for this but I love it. I have noticed the  ‘not as much’ feeling that west coast heads must have. It’s not easy but I am willing to share, let the West Coast have their turn. I’ll travel but not far. I’ll wait my turn. 

• Forum MVP
22 hours ago, Hardpan said:

What time of year did they used to do the second west coast tour? I've seen a June West coast run in past tour dates, something I would attempt to get in on if it ever happened again. Can't get away from work in winter to go play.

It often tended to be an April/October offering out west

Archived