Jeff Mattson to play Alligator and Jerry's D-28 at Warfield

Hardpan

Just saw on DSO's Instagram page that Jeff will be playing Jerry's Alligator Strat at the Warfield on 2/15, the first time this guitar will be played on stage since 8/1/73, what an honor. On 2/14, he will also be playing Jerry's Martin D-28 during a recreation of 2/14/70, the same guitar Jerry played on the acoustic portion of the show. Pretty cool, nerdy, stuff right there. Vintage holy grail instruments 🤤🤤

• Forum MVP

Did you notice that the last time the alligator was played was on Jerry’s birthday? All kinds of energy around that show. Bill Graham bought the Warfield so that the Grateful Dead could play there for two weeks straight doing their fifteenth anniversary acoustic  shows in 1980. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Did you notice that the last time the alligator was played was on Jerry’s birthday? All kinds of energy around that show. Bill Graham bought the Warfield so that the Grateful Dead could play there for two weeks straight doing their fifteenth anniversary acoustic  shows in 1980. 

Have you ever seen DSO recreate any of the Warfield run?   If you did, I think you might just jump outta your skin.   Maybe they could warn you first :) 

• Forum MVP

No, I didn’t, but I did see that they recreated the one radio city show that I caught. I’m sorry that I missed that. That makes the odds of me seeing it slim to none and Slim just left town. I’m really looking forward to the Hamilton acoustic shows. I’m expecting a bit of a warm and fuzzy flashback. 

Since we are on topic, one of my favorite DSO shows of all time...  The Weir sit in was nuts.  

2002-04-13
Warfield Theater

Acoustic Set: 
Intro by Mountain Girl ; Dire Wolf ; Dark Hollow ; Must've Been The Roses ; Cassidy ; All Around This World ; Monkey & Engineer ; China Doll ; Heaven Help The Fool ; Bird Song-> Ripple 

Electric 1: 
Alabama Getaway -> Greatest Story Ever Told ; Friend Of The Devil ; Me & My Uncle-> Mexicali Blues ; Candyman ; Little Red Rooster* ; Tennessee Jed*-> Let It Grow*-> The Wheel*-> Music Never Stopped** 

Electric 2: 
Scarlet Begonias -> Fire On The Mountain ; Estimated Prophet-> Terrapin Station -> Playing In The Band -> Drumz-> Space -> I Need A Miracle -> Uncle John's Band -> Morning Dew-> Playing In The Band -> Good Lovin' 

Encore: 
U.S. Blues ; Brokedown Palace
A Rex Foundation benefit with Wavy Gravy as emcee 
*with Bob Weir 
Bob also sang the second verse of Tennessee Jed 
**with Rob Eaton and Bob Weir
1980-10-14
Warfield Theater

Archived