Seattle - 2/6/20

Tea

• Forum MVP

Elective

Set One: Eyes Of The World > Estimated Prophet > Comes A Time ; It's All Over Now ; We Can Run ; Row Jimmy ; Memphis Blues ; Cats Under The Stars 

Set Two: Shakedown Street ; Lost Sailor > Saint Stephen > Not Fade Away > drums > space > Easy To Slip > China Doll > One More Saturday Night 

Encore: After Midnight

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

If I am not mistaken, eyes into estimated is a one out of a hundred thing compared  to estimated into eyes, as far as Jerry and the boys (and girl) are concerned. I think that needs to be noted because it is a really big deal. 

I think the second set opening string of tunes is a one in a million. DSO electives can be mind blowing. Bet it was fun. 

• Forum MVP
36 minutes ago, count2 said:

I met a guy last night who saw a lot of shows in the late 80s/early 90s and heard them open with Eyes->Estimated tons of times, but had never heard them play that "obscure Dylan song." He refused to believe me when I said this wasn't a GD setlist.

1. No one who saw lots of shows in the late 80s early 90s hasn't seen Memphis Blues.

2. No one has seen the Dead open with Eyes>Estimated, at least not in set 1.

3. Eyes>Estimated isn't as rare as one might think. I count at least 13 of them, mostly in the early 90s.

4. Opening a show with Eyes>Estimated>Comes A Time?  Damn!

5. Love to see that Easy To Slip tucked in there.  Anyone wanting to check out some tasty easy slipping should grab Mark Severson's recording of the Paramount in Seattle 10-28-78.  Good Weir shit right there!

• Like (+1) 2
4 minutes ago, How Do You Do? said:

"Obscure Dylan Song"?   Memphis Blues?  If he caught a lot of shows in the late 80's/early 90's, Memphis Blues would not be obscure.  I also question his statement about opener Eyes/Estimated "tons of times" during that time period - or any time period for that matter.

Exactly what was going through my mind as he was talking.

As they opened Eyes, I thought for sure it was going to be 6/17/91. Esp after DSO posted this which seemed to hint at a setlist with Truckin’ and Dark Star. 

“The Stranger shared with their readers about Thursday's show (final stanza is esp. noteworthy ;)🧠

"... to keep on truckin' through the transitive nightfall of diamonds."

Just goes to show, you don’t ever know...

Me and Jake were hanging around the other night watching the video 7/8/90, and he pointed out that unusual sequence of Eyes>Estimated, funny to see the band open up the tour with it. Love the Lost Sailor> Saint (no, the other Saint) Stephen curveball, too. Looks wonderful, extra fun and safe travels 😇

• Like (+1) 3