Chico 2/13/20

Dharmada

Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA (Friday, 12/17/93)

Here Comes Sunshine

Walkin' Blues

Jack a Roe

Desolation Row

Ramble on Rose

Broken Arrow

Lazy River Road

Music Never Stopped

Help on the Way ->

Slipknot ->

Franklin's Tower

Saint of Circumstance ->

Crazy Fingers ->

Corina ->

Drums ->

Space ->

The Last Time ->

Attics of My Life ->

Good Lovin'

I Fought the Law

Filler: The Weight

White Rabbit

Edited by Dharmada
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

My guess is that was Jeff's first I Fought the Law .  Maybe? 

It's also been a minute since Attics...I saw my first Attics on 10/16/89 and chased it around till the end.  "I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."

Happy Friday,

TBell--- not 100% sure but I think I saw them do Desolation Row in  Evansville, IN a year or 2 ago-- I remember it being something "special" at the time because Rob Eaton made a statement about its been a long time since they played this song. I think Rude back in the day was "chasing" this song too and he posted something on this But this is all off memory so don't quote me on this...LOL

Enjoy Friday    

• Forum MVP

My memory escapes me from time to time, but I’m pretty sure that’s a killer set list for ‘93. No duds. Not much excitement for me post Brent/ beginning of the end for Jerry. That’s what’s so cool about what DSO does. They can infuse their energy into a Grateful Dead era that had marginal band energy, breath more life into than it ever had before. I’m sure they nailed it. 

• Like (+1) 4

There are no Desolation's on DSO nugs.net, and two on archive.org.  

5/8/12 Higher Ground (gd 6-12-91) and 5/17/07 State Theater.  Interestingly 5/17/07 is a recreation of the same 12/17/93 show :)

https://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3ADarkStarOrchestra AND "desolation row"

I am pretty sure I have not seen them play it in my 20+ years seeing them.

• Forum MVP
25 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

My memory escapes me from time to time, but I’m pretty sure that’s a killer set list for ‘93. No duds. Not much excitement for me post Brent/ beginning of the end for Jerry. That’s what’s so cool about what DSO does. They can infuse their energy into a Grateful Dead era that had marginal band energy, breath more life into than it ever had before. I’m sure they nailed it. 

Couldn't agree more, Greg! I began to drift off after Brent, but DSO can do those 90's shows some deserved justice!  🙂

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Island Bro said:

Glad to know the sun's a shinin' somewhere!!

Looks like a fantastic'93 experience!

Ha! Who’d a thought it’d be the 1993 show instead of the 73 elective?!  I thought for sure til I saw the set list it happened in Ashland. Well now we know why! What a gem of a show on paper; I know it was a paper airplane to you all who saw it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I was at that original show. My buddy and I were to the left, looking at the stage, second level. We figured the first set was done so we left our seats, headed to the bathrooms. When we got to the railing on the second level, close to stage, Bobby broke into Desolation Row. I, honestly, never heard the song before. Bobby was at his absolute best that I have ever seen him during that song. I’m not even going to try to explain. Just leave it at that. As soon as he finished the tune, he walked away from the mike, apparently to catch his breath. Fuckin’ Jerry hits the opening guitar riff to ‘ don’t ease me in’ and Bobby has to run back to the mike to participate in the singing. Jerry was laughing his ass off. Yea, Bobby rocks. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
6 hours ago, chuckvegas said:

The State - a sauna in the summer, a sauna in the winter; I too loved that place. The State was the site of Scott's last show, and it is really hard to believe that was nearly 15 years ago now.

I remember that show very well......grateful to have been there.