Summer Tour 2020

• Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, sml said:

There's gotta be something missing between Colorado and Wyoming...

wasn’t in 2018 between Cali and RR. The Wyoming looks like a 1 off fest. And Dso Mini summer tours have been right at 7 shows so this looks dead on a normal tour. I don’t wanna spend 3 days in Nebraska so seems smarter to fly from St. Louis to Colorado (after the aurora show)and spend a whole week there vs a corn field. 

• Forum MVP

Fuck fick fuck. Me and the girl can do this tour now for likely the last time ever at this scale and it’s falling apart. It may come down to a month in nola becoming a fish. NBA suspends season. Tom Hanks infected. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Just got a call from my biggest client. Orders are all put on hold. Event likely to cancel. Today was a fucking snowball from hell. If spring tour happens it won’t happen at every venue. That’s pretty much assured now. Governors will force cancel events. 

mass lay-offs will begin soon. Economy will retract. The stock market sell off will continue. The douche in charge better get a handle on this but he can’t check his ego so that won’t happen. Fuck fuck. Got good bourbon. Gonna get drunk. 

• Like (+1) 1
25 minutes ago, Rude said:

Just got a call from my biggest client. Orders are all put on hold. Event likely to cancel. Today was a fucking snowball from hell. If spring tour happens it won’t happen at every venue. That’s pretty much assured now. Governors will force cancel events. 

mass lay-offs will begin soon. Economy will retract. The stock market sell off will continue. The douche in charge better get a handle on this but he can’t check his ego so that won’t happen. Fuck fuck. Got good bourbon. Gonna get drunk. 

It's going to be bad. The CDC conducted ZERO tests today as reported on CNN! Cap is definitely going to be cancelled. We'll see about other shows. I'm just hoping for summer. 

8 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Ambitious plans. I should see you at a lot of those. Whitney and I are closing on a house. We will be homeowners before the 4th or July run. I would love to entertain a few of you over that weekend. We shall see how it plays out. 

Congrats and blessings on the new home! Should hopefully be able to hit a handful up this way and Black Mountain over the summer if all goes well.

• Forum MVP
On 3/11/2020 at 9:31 AM, Island Bro said:

Ahhh ,,,Finally some clarity has arrived...

Ampitheater run in Colorado looking pretty tasty

Colorado is cool but Black Mountain is THE must catch of the year. I'm gonna throw my weight around here and claim that I have advanced knowledge and opinions about DSO tour and that the Black Mountain experience is the jingle bell rainbow hallelujah hatrack of them all.

For me. And I'd looooove it if you came Huck!

And the rest of you fine folk. I'm making a statement here- believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare~

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Black Mountain is a top 5 DSO experience every year. Consistently an amazing time. Although some changes last year to the vibe. 

mango until you do Jamaica I would save that phrase. Quite a phrase. Hallelujah jingle bell rainbow huh?  Never heard anything like that before. 

I put jubilee up there with BM. Clearly Jamaica. Penns can get there. New Years run can compare. I’ve had epic Hampton beach experiences. But like I said top 5 Dso experience every time. From the great music from Dso. To the after gatherings of music and laughter. I’ve done BM many ways; it’s always one hell of a good time. 

I think it is always around mango birthday too which helps makes it a great time. 

One thing I know mango and I can agree on though is you never really know what night and what venue is gonna be that experience for you. I remember kinda of hating Rams Heads shows because of the crowd and the space. One time came in low expectations on a Sunday night and the experience was amazing. Massive get down. Never know when it’s gonna strike. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Mango said:

Colorado is cool but Black Mountain is THE must catch of the year. I'm gonna throw my weight around here and claim that I have advanced knowledge and opinions about DSO tour and that the Black Mountain experience is the jingle bell rainbow hallelujah hatrack of them all.

For me. And I'd looooove it if you came Huck!

And the rest of you fine folk. I'm making a statement here- believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare~

Well I will certainly explore the notion since the Colorado dates are quite tricky for me,,right up against Oregon Country Faire,,,

Now let's see...Black Mountain is actually east of the Rockies,,right??

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Island Bro said:

Well I will certainly explore the notion since the Colorado dates are quite tricky for me,,right up against Oregon Country Faire,,,

Now let's see...Black Mountain is actually east of the Rockies,,right??

Yes Oregon boy, your time  has come to explore the wide world.

Mason, I agree wholehardely- you don't know what the shows will be like- But as an overall experienc Black Mount is my favorite. No doubt Jamaica is top notch but there's a serious price differential there that I have yet been able to overcome. One of these days...

• Like (+1) 1

Me and Jake were scheming briefly about doing the Colorado run, really tough to pull off with the kids at home. Gonna shoot for Black Mountain along with whatever we can pull off up here, less days away from home and we want to see what the hubbub is about Black Mountain 🤗

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Looks like jazz fest may also be cancelled and rescheduled in the fall. I thought I was all slick finding a direct flight to New Orleans for 5k southwest miles when 2nd weekend flights were 30k miles one way or $400 this winter. 400 mile flight from Nashville was $800 round trip this winter which means you drive. Dropped to $180 RT 2 weeks ago and I pounced. 

on that note I’m starting a ticket and flight refund service. I’ll sit on hold 1 hour with Ticketmaster to get your $50 tickets refunded for only $30. Great deal. 

• Forum MVP

The caverns is rescheduled to 6/25, the day before St. Louis summer. Wonder if more to come on reschedules or just an 8 show early summer tour. 

on another note October may be a doozie. If jazz fest reschedules then plus dso’s fall plus so much else rescheduled it may make for a wild fall of choices.