Potential Tour Cancellation?

• Forum MVP

While it would indeed be more of a bummer than I care to admit, I'd understand if the band and their management collectively decided to postpone or cancel the upcoming tour.  Here's to some relief from the hysteria....  

As long as there's a show and I'm healthy, I'll see some of you in Raleigh and Wilmington :)  

• Forum MVP

Will just be getting back from Italy on the Diamond Princess 2 cruise ship in time for this tour!!! Can't wait!!!  If the President isnt cancelling his tour, no way DSO should.  Plus deadheads are super hygienic and always keep a 1 meter distance from each other. Don't make me tweet "My trip to Mar-a-Lago got cancelled because of DSO overreacting to COVID-19".  DSO may get a new presidential nickname.  Best to stay off that radar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Forum MVP

My parents were coming to the Wilmington shows with me but NCAA tourney is on and it ain’t happening this year. I plan on doing 9-13 shows on this tour depending on if I go to nola after Orlando bypassing 4 shows then finishing in Birmingham or do the tour straight through. Likely won’t do jazz fest this year so need some nola time. If lots of bands cancel and peeps cancel and Airbnb’s get cheap I may add it back in. $400 a night to be on Frenchman a week isn’t budgeted this year. 

• Forum MVP

I’ve accepted spring tour won’t happen now. Might as well just announce it. Basketball won’t happen. Recession is here officially. The idiot in chief should have gotten a handle on this early instead of denying its existence or blaming people. What a fucking idiot. Then gets on TV and makes it all worse. What a fucking idiot. Didn’t want to affect his hotel business negatively and inaction led to the last 24 hours of insanity. 

• Like (+1) 2

UGH... Bob Weir & Wolf Brothers just postponded St. Louis show--it was scheduled for 3-18-2020 & now "new" date is Oct. 17.

Wonder what the Rolling Stones will do for their tour? Sure is getting strange and speaking of strange... nothing like enjoying a great Jakes Leg show (local St.Louis dead cover band that Rob K sits in with every once in awhile)  in St.Louis on Saturday night and running into some "strange" guy in the bathroom. Always great to see you Rude and your wife!!!  Hope you had a great time at the show. Be safe everybody     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

This is getting serious. Will Americans obey self quarantine laws. No gatherings larger than 10 people. 9 PM curfew. No hugs. No handshakes. The shut down of public schools and all restaurants. 

I know this virus is serious but we are verging on mass hysteria here. Wash your hands. We can’t go back into the cave because of a virus. We are going to cripple our economy. Soon starvation not the virus will be the major concern of the poor. 

Time to go to the market and hoard all the supplies. Sucks I’m not a prepper. I’m not prepared for this. 

Elections will have to be cancelled. Trump will be able to have a stranglehold on the presidency. Can’t have people gather to vote. Power can’t change during pandemic. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

From what I’ve read it’s not a legally enforceable ban as much as you will be shamed.  I saw a news article that said ban then the press release said Strongly recommend. Just saw Indiana just “banned” gatherings over 250 and hyryder then jgb were my backup after JRAD cancelled. I don’t think I’ve got an out. Grant me the serenity....

I survived another winter and now is my rebirth and weighing all options with well made plans collapsing. 

• Forum MVP
8 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

The unknown is driving all this reaction.

Our government's response to this as been

weaker than Katrina.  What a mess.

Let's all stay healthy, stay calm, and hope

this craziness does not affect Jubilee.

Praise DSO. 

cant lock the country down forever. If this was taken seriously from the beginning we may not be in this situation. Then last night the idiot in chief used his speech to try to reinforce his xenophobia and protectionist policies. Of course it turns out his white supremacist speech writer wrote it which helped lead to markets collapsing even more. Today the round table of his goons who took turns saying how amazingly he’s handled this doesn’t help. What a fucktard and people worship this egotistical maniac. It’s just an indictment on our reality tv low educated society....and the state of white supremacy as if you took that away doubt he’d be that popular. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Lol so after JRAD cancelled we decided to do 2 hyryder shows at the mousetrap in indy Friday and Saturday. Cancelled just now. I blame the idiot in chief.

"We have very strong emergency powers under the Stafford Act," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday. "I have it memorized, practically, as to the powers in that act. And if I need to do something, I'll do it. I have the right to do a lot of things that people don't even know about."

Makes GW bush look like a the head of MENSA. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
23 minutes ago, Rude said:

Lol so after JRAD cancelled we decided to do 2 hyryder shows at the mousetrap in indy Friday and Saturday. Cancelled just now. I blame the idiot in chief.

"We have very strong emergency powers under the Stafford Act," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday. "I have it memorized, practically, as to the powers in that act. And if I need to do something, I'll do it. I have the right to do a lot of things that people don't even know about."

Makes GW bush look like a the head of MENSA. 

You can’t polish a turd. 

So I'll tell you all about something that happened In Seattle this last time.

During drums, I'm dancing, someone I don't know randomly decided to interupt and volunteer to me,

"You know, back in the day, thousands of years ago, if you got sick, they'd take you out into the middle of nowhere, surround, and beat drums at you."

He looked me right in the eyes and said,

"This [going to dead shows] is the healthiest thing anyone can do."

Deadheads are protected ;3

What the world needs more than anything in the midst of all this is the experience of these shows - If any are forced to be cancelled, it will be a terrible tragedy and a missed opportunity to send a much needed message.

• Like (+1) 4