Potential Tour Cancellation?

• Forum MVP
On 3/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, Mason's Child said:

They must have tremendous evidence that those getting infected have been at large scale events. I will wait to see the results but I don’t think this stops the spread of anything. These people were getting sick at the airport, the grocery store, the bank. I’d love to interview all those infected and hear about the great games or concerts they been seeing. 

I couldn’t disagree more with the shutting down of society. 

But always I will eat crow if this has a major impact on the spread of this virus. I just don’t see there being any difference in 4 weeks. What then?  Do we cancel the entire MLB season. What about football training camp? I’ve been reading about many new cases since the societal shut down. 

Feel bad for those that are members of large churches. They can’t even go to their place of worship to pray. 

Public school shut down puts tremendous pressure on dual income families which most families with 2 parents are. 

I shouldn’t have to pay rent or bills during society shut down but I assure you come the 1st and the 15th they still gonna want there’s. 

One of the hopes is that social distancing slows the spread so that medical resources are available for those who become critical.

It spreads through human contact and there is no vaccine.  What would you like the government to do?

No one likes this whole situation, but if the government would have mandated quarantines or closures even earlier, people would have complained then, too.  I think the government is in a pretty tough spot (regardless of how I feel about some of them).  

Not sure why your landlord or utility providers shouldn’t get paid.  You’re still consuming their products, yes?  Why should your ability to pay them change the contract that you entered into?

Interesting times, that’s for sure.  

Hope you and everyone here is safe and finds peace amid this scary situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, chuckvegas said:

Asymptotic people evidently can spread it. Epidemiologists indicate that seems problematic. Hopefully the power grid stays up so we in the death demographic can stream all the excellent suggestions on Now Listening while social distancing.

Amen demographic brother...I’m still walking

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

It's all a hoax, folks. There is no coronavirus,  other than the one that already existed and exists to some degree in all of us. Do I know what I'm talking about? Fuck no.  Do you? You might think you do... but you don't either. It's a flu. Thousands of old people die from the Flu every year. I don't believe (this world used specifically) that these measures being taken are for our protection.  No,  there is something else entirely going on here.... something deep shifting behind the scenes that we,  the masses, aren't privy to. Isolate us,  make us scared,  take unquestioned power. Don't give up your power, don't stop living. 

But yeah,  I've got music on a player that requires no wifi. It's something I value deeply. No power, yeah then I'm screwed. Can't even plug my keyboard in to play music.  Guess I'll get more serious about learning this accordion I have, polish up on the acoustic guitar....

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Mango said:

It's all a hoax, folks. There is no coronavirus,  other than the one that already existed and exists to some degree in all of us. Do I know what I'm talking about? Fuck no.  Do you? You might think you do... but you don't either. It's a flu. Thousands of old people die from the Flu every year. I don't believe (this world used specifically) that these measures being taken are for our protection.  No,  there is something else entirely going on here.... something deep shifting behind the scenes that we,  the masses, aren't privy to. Isolate us,  make us scared,  take unquestioned power. Don't give up your power, don't stop living. 

But yeah,  I've got music on a player that requires no wifi. It's something I value deeply. No power, yeah then I'm screwed. Can't even plug my keyboard in to play music.  Guess I'll get more serious about learning this accordion I have, polish up on the acoustic guitar....

If Jubilee happens, I want an accordion solo during 

the late night entertainment.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

Americans won’t accept the type of shutdown to make stop the spreading. It’s spreads one to one. One to many. It’s doesn’t take many to spread to one. I went to Chuck E. Cheese today for toph 7th bday. They closed early for no announced reason. Hope it wasn’t the virus but there was certainly 50 people there. A group of 50 can be just as dangerous as a group 1000 if one person has it. It passes one to one.

i don’t know what the answer is. If I was sick or considered myself elderly, I definitely would be into self quarantine but coronavirus won’t kill me. I do worry about it in my household for sure. It would kill my mom. It might kill my baby girl. This shit is scary. We need to rush a vaccine to market some how but from what I’ve read 12 months is the minimum for it to be ready for market. 

I just worry the type or societal shut down to truly curb the spread of the virus would require things Americans just won’t swallow. I tend to side on the let’s go on with life as normal with a few extra precautions. Easy access to testing. If you are sick, please stay the fuck home and away from others. I’ve been washing my hands and using hand sanitizer much more regularly. Making my kids wash their hands much more regularly. 

I hope with summer festival season coming up we can find a solution to help these events go forward. Maybe on site testing. I’ve read about mobile testing sites. Ones were you test the people in their car. It sounds shitty by the way to be confined to the car waiting results but it takes 4 hours to get into Bonnaroo anyway. Any car with someone testing positive. Yes that has to eliminate the whole car is not allowed to enter. Those virus free can still go. I have to admit I know my desire for the show to go on is selfish. 

• Forum MVP

I heard this NCAA exec was trying to bang this cross country runner at IU. She rejected him so he started his plan to get her season cancelled. To not get caught he got all sports cancelled. Success. 

this theory is as valid as any of the other nonsense anyone may believe. 

• Forum MVP

By the way, my comment about paying rent was tongue in cheek not serious. Maybe more seriously the schools should be giving me back some of my money. My kid goes to a charter school. They are not providing us service now. Additionally, I am accruing additional life expense for baby sitting now. The government or school should possibly pay for that too but no I was kidding about not paying my rent. 

I don’t ever totally agree with mango and the conspiracy nuts in this country but there is something else going on here. This is a democracy and our current socio political climate feels more authoritarian.  This is America. Government should be able to make recommendations but closure of business and operations should be at the discretion of the business owners. That’s how our system works and is suppossed to work. 

I truly propose that we have a we not afraid of you coronavirus rally. Mango can bring his keyboard. We just got over 1000 people to gather so that we are breaking the mandates of the government. Banning large gatherings is unconstitutional and they can’t enforce that. If trump wants to site special powers in emergencies, I will remind him that we have certain special powers and certain inalienable rights including the right to defend those rights. 

• Forum MVP

I was just talking to a man who I work for on his farm. He’s extremely far up near the top of the pyramid in the medical  profession, graduated number one in his class for physics at a Princeton. He plotted a graph of the number of cases and deaths. He said if things continue at this rate and nothing changes, we will have thirteen million cases and 400,000 deaths by May first. Kinda scary. 

• Like (+1) 1

It sucks that tour and many other events are cancelled for the next few weeks. It also sucks that my work trip to St. Pete got cancelled. I want all of us to be healthy, and I also want and hope that the weather warms up and perhaps it helps mitigate the virus and maybe by then, the Jubilee will be a chance for all of us to get back outside and together to celebrate life together.

Stay healthy, friends

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
On 3/15/2020 at 1:47 PM, Mason's Child said:

Americans won’t accept the type of shutdown to make stop the spreading. It’s spreads one to one. One to many. It’s doesn’t take many to spread to one. I went to Chuck E. Cheese today for toph 7th bday. They closed early for no announced reason. Hope it wasn’t the virus but there was certainly 50 people there. A group of 50 can be just as dangerous as a group 1000 if one person has it. It passes one to one.

i don’t know what the answer is. If I was sick or considered myself elderly, I definitely would be into self quarantine but coronavirus won’t kill me. I do worry about it in my household for sure. It would kill my mom. It might kill my baby girl. This shit is scary. We need to rush a vaccine to market some how but from what I’ve read 12 months is the minimum for it to be ready for market. 

I just worry the type or societal shut down to truly curb the spread of the virus would require things Americans just won’t swallow. I tend to side on the let’s go on with life as normal with a few extra precautions. Easy access to testing. If you are sick, please stay the fuck home and away from others. I’ve been washing my hands and using hand sanitizer much more regularly. Making my kids wash their hands much more regularly. 

I hope with summer festival season coming up we can find a solution to help these events go forward. Maybe on site testing. I’ve read about mobile testing sites. Ones were you test the people in their car. It sounds shitty by the way to be confined to the car waiting results but it takes 4 hours to get into Bonnaroo anyway. Any car with someone testing positive. Yes that has to eliminate the whole car is not allowed to enter. Those virus free can still go. I have to admit I know my desire for the show to go on is selfish. 

If you're not afraid to eat at Chuck E Cheese,  coronavirus certainly isn't going to scare you

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • LMAO 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Postponed Wilmington, NC shows from 3/28 + 3/29 have been tentatively re-scheduled for October 10th + 11th

EDIT:  I mean all the rescheduled dates are up.  Musta missed it if they've already been up awihle - lol! 

• Forum MVP

RESCHEDULED SPRING TOUR 2020 - LEG 1

THU, JUN 25

THE CAVERNS - PELHAM, TN

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/11

TUE, OCT 6

CHARLESTON MUSIC HALL - CHARLESTON, SC

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/9

THRU, OCT 8

AVONDALE BREWING COMPANY - BIRMINGHAM, AL

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/12

FRI, OCT 9