Potential Tour Cancellation?

14 minutes ago, old & in the way said:

Ritz has cancelled shows thru 3/20/2020 !  fingers crossed. greenfield has cancelled for 2nite ! 

National in RVA and Norva closed til further notice. ain't lookin good !

You can bet on April being a wash at least. Man this sucks! Better to take the pain now and have a chance for summer tour. 

• Forum MVP

DSO has cancelled March and April shows.  Here's a note from their FB page:

"If the thunder don’t get you then the lightning will!“

Wise words in these rapidly changing times. While things are uncertain, together as an organization, we are committed to ensuring the safety and health of our fans, producers, staff and everyone involved in putting on concerts and festivals across our fine nation.

In order to do our part to help stem the spread of the coronavirus, DSO is following various government issued mandates that require enhancing social distancing by postponing mass gatherings.

At this time, our upcoming March & April tour dates are being canceled and are doing our best to reschedule dates as much as possible.

Ticket info and details regarding these postponed shows will be forthcoming via each local venue, please stay tuned.

In the meantime, please follow all the recommended guidelines coming from official health sources to stay healthy through proper hygiene and reduce community transmission to help curb this epidemic. We will keep you all posted on the concerts.

In the meantime, “WE WILL GET BY!”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (neutral) 1
  • Forum MVP
16 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Sucks. We gonna have to cancel summer too. Nothing will be different in four weeks. It’s almost comical this response of ours. Do nothing. Then way overreact. I will cross my fingers for May but certainly not hold my breathe. 

I'd guess possibly back to somewhat normal by May but surely by summer...

Fear overtaking a populace always makes for strange times, justified or not.

At least, in this case, the "enemy" is not a person, group of people, country, or idealogy...

Although I'm sure this sets up big pharmaceuticals for tremendous profits...

It's in time like these that Old Uncle John used to say,,"stay healthy, continue to  enjoy life, and smile on your brother...And for Pete's Sake,,,stop licking door knobs!!"

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

They must have tremendous evidence that those getting infected have been at large scale events. I will wait to see the results but I don’t think this stops the spread of anything. These people were getting sick at the airport, the grocery store, the bank. I’d love to interview all those infected and hear about the great games or concerts they been seeing. 

I couldn’t disagree more with the shutting down of society. 

But always I will eat crow if this has a major impact on the spread of this virus. I just don’t see there being any difference in 4 weeks. What then?  Do we cancel the entire MLB season. What about football training camp? I’ve been reading about many new cases since the societal shut down. 

Feel bad for those that are members of large churches. They can’t even go to their place of worship to pray. 

Public school shut down puts tremendous pressure on dual income families which most families with 2 parents are. 

I shouldn’t have to pay rent or bills during society shut down but I assure you come the 1st and the 15th they still gonna want there’s. 

• Forum MVP

well darn ...

I had a few of my old Grateful Dead tour buddies signed up for old school mini run doing Raleigh Wilmington shows...

we have discussed regrouping our trip with a few later possible runs with the summer tour ... the May shows not workable with our schedules..

June 26 - St Loius

June 27 - Chicago

that 2 outdoor show run possible 

The July 4 outdoor Colorado run.. hmm

August 1 - Holiday Valley on Jerry Bday

see some of you going down the road ...

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

By the way I want to make it clear that I know that DSO didn’t have a choice. I’m not sure what their individual opinions are but I have to imagine if it was totally up to them we’d have some form of tour here. 

but then again Dso didn’t want to be the only band on the road and a new story come out that several people at the show were positive and everyone there had to go into quarantine. I think much of this is no band wants to be the one who caused a lot of fans to get sick. Plus Dso crowds have lots of fans 50-70yrs old and don’t think they want any fans to die because they decided to tour.  No one wants that kind of PR. 

matt those 2 outdoor shows are great venues.  Good choice.  Was hot as balls but a great time. Chesterfield has grass tiers concreted in so it’s a flat dance surface everywhere which is awesome. No one wants to dance on a slope. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Americans won’t accept the type of shutdown to make stop the spreading. It’s spreads one to one. One to many. It’s doesn’t take many to spread to one. I went to Chuck E. Cheese today for toph 7th bday. They closed early for no announced reason. Hope it wasn’t the virus but there was certainly 50 people there. A group of 50 can be just as dangerous as a group 1000 if one person has it. It passes one to one.

i don’t know what the answer is. If I was sick or considered myself elderly, I definitely would be into self quarantine but coronavirus won’t kill me. I do worry about it in my household for sure. It would kill my mom. It might kill my baby girl. This shit is scary. We need to rush a vaccine to market some how but from what I’ve read 12 months is the minimum for it to be ready for market. 

I just worry the type or societal shut down to truly curb the spread of the virus would require things Americans just won’t swallow. I tend to side on the let’s go on with life as normal with a few extra precautions. Easy access to testing. If you are sick, please stay the fuck home and away from others. I’ve been washing my hands and using hand sanitizer much more regularly. Making my kids wash their hands much more regularly. 

I hope with summer festival season coming up we can find a solution to help these events go forward. Maybe on site testing. I’ve read about mobile testing sites. Ones were you test the people in their car. It sounds shitty by the way to be confined to the car waiting results but it takes 4 hours to get into Bonnaroo anyway. Any car with someone testing positive. Yes that has to eliminate the whole car is not allowed to enter. Those virus free can still go. I have to admit I know my desire for the show to go on is selfish. But what can I say. I want to keep on dancing. 

• Forum MVP

Asymptotic people evidently can spread it. Epidemiologists indicate that seems problematic. Hopefully the power grid stays up so we in the death demographic can stream all the excellent suggestions on Now Listening while social distancing.

• Like (+1) 1