6-24-95 Days Between

John A

• Forum MVP

To channel the Dos Equis guy, "I don't listen to '95 Dead often, but when I do it had better be well curated."

I just got a new copy of this RKF show, a Schoeps FOB uses capsules in a hat.  It's pretty respectable, especially since one should expect no good audio quality out of a board or an audience in '95.

This is the final Days Between, and it's pretty damn solid.  Jerry misses no more than a syllable here and there throughout all 4 verses. He's definitely under the hood of the song's pathos.  There's a few good notes in the instrumental.

The most fun a '95 listen I've had in memory!  A recording one should seek out.

• Forum MVP

The next night was the last time I saw Jerry sing, you know, to me. I got a Warf Rat eight days after my last drink. Brokedown for the encore. Heart breaking just to think about it. I’m gonna get in a quiet place tonight and check out this days between. I’m guessing more heart ache. I miss those good old days. 

This was my very first show (of only 3: 2 at RFK and then Pittsburgh, and so I jumped on DSO's bus HARD when they came into town) and yeah, the Days Between is fantastic.  It's my favorite, and not just because it was my 1st show nor because it was Jerry's last time singing it.  He, just NAILS it.

To a Brent generation head days between kinda came after the fact..... but I do remember one at deer Creek one night that hit particularly hard, dancing  in the strip behind the pavilion just in front of the steps in front of the grass hill, there were definitely days between the notes and the wall to wall crowd.  I'll have to revisit this song as so many seem to have been struck by it.   

Archived