It is my opinion....

Taper Ron

... that postponing the tour is a wise decision.  Stop and think about it, if just one person is infected they can spread the virus to a lot of people they aren't going to infect just one, maybe it can be hundreds.  Then those people can spread it, maybe at another show and more people are infected and all of these people go to any number of places; other shows, bars sports events, on and on.  What if the band gets sick, there could be no more shows!  Some of you have said that the Disaster in Chief should have taken the situation seriously to begin with, well we all need to take it seriously. missing some shows is an inconvenience, I'd rather be inconvenienced than DEAD!

While I'm ranting: It's time for the revolution!  No I don't mean we should start blowing things up and carrying guns (too much of that now).  It is time to vote out all the worthless fucking politicians that are in office now.  Elect some new blood.  This bullshit of voting for parties is just that BULLSHIT!  I got an email from the DNC (yes I am presently registered as a democrat, not for long) anyway, the subject was "Here is who to vote for" I replied to it "Fuck You"

Enough!  Just think about consequences.  Be safe, stay healthy.  I love you all!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
12 minutes ago, Taper Ron said:

... that postponing the tour is a wise decision.  Stop and think about it, if just one person is infected they can spread the virus to a lot of people they aren't going to infect just one, maybe it can be hundreds.  Then those people can spread it, maybe at another show and more people are infected and all of these people go to any number of places; other shows, bars sports events, on and on.  What if the band gets sick, there could be no more shows!  Some of you have said that the Disaster in Chief should have taken the situation seriously to begin with, well we all need to take it seriously. missing some shows is an inconvenience, I'd rather be inconvenienced than DEAD!

While I'm ranting: It's time for the revolution!  No I don't mean we should start blowing things up and carrying guns (too much of that now).  It is time to vote out all the worthless fucking politicians that are in office now.  Elect some new blood.  This bullshit of voting for parties is just that BULLSHIT!  I got an email from the DNC (yes I am presently registered as a democrat, not for long) anyway, the subject was "Here is who to vote for" I replied to it "Fuck You"

Enough!  Just think about consequences.  Be safe, stay healthy.  I love you all!

Absolutely! The 2 party system is failing us.

• Forum MVP

Unfortunately the evidence suggests the bans aren’t working. They now recommend no gatherings larger than 50 people. That’s a family reunion for some people. Not me. Thank God. 

I’m 100 percent onboard with self quarantine if you consider this life threatening for whatever reason age health whatever. I’m kind of okay with forced quarantine if you have it. 

But really you can’t tell the Walmart to turn customers away once there is 50 people in the building. 

It looks like May is probably out for DSO. My hometown July 4th run looks like best case scenario. Truly hope we find away to make Jubilee happen. 

we all have opinions. I for one won’t subscribe to outlaw motorcycles because they are dangerous. 

I can’t wait for the first band to say the tour is on. We are playing I’m not sure there is a right or wrong to the whole thing. I certainly don’t think DSO was wrong to cancel their tour. I also won’t think the first band to say the show must go on In face of danger is wrong. Let there be songs to fill the air. 

I love civil discourse. Nothing wrong with people who expressing opinions. Agreeing to disagree where disagreement exists and coming together where we agree. We can all agree we hope everyone gets healthy, we get this thing under control and we can get back on with normal life. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/16/health/us-coronavirus-monday-updates/index.html 

this scares me more than the virus. 

• Forum MVP
28 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

Right on, TR!

Woke up this morning and I got myself a beer...(you all know the rest)

You’re going to the roadhouse? You’re gonna have a real good time becoming a carrier? Not smart Chuck. Social distancing bro. The futures uncertain and the end is always near. 

fuck the police

bans and athoritorian bullshit should be ignored

lock yourself up until there's a vaccine or whatever if you're worried, by all means

but of course there also needs to be respect from those of us who aren't

for example, if I know I have lice, it'd be pretty fucked up to go to the store and try on a bunch of hats

balance, love

eryone be cool

but yeah, music and connection and communion and all the things these shows bring into the world

we need that stuff more than ever at times like this

if bands aren't gonna do it, we have a responsibility to put on dead dances far and wide

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

You’re going to the roadhouse? You’re gonna have a real good time becoming a carrier? Not smart Chuck. Social distancing bro. The futures uncertain and the end is always near. 

Staying far, far away from the roadhouse and any other purveyor of pleasure (or sorrow if I can help it). The beer I reference comes from my own socially distanced refrigerator. When you’re in the crosshairs of the Boomer Remover the end is always near. 

• Forum MVP

Btw, by banning groups of over 25, Trump virtually assures himself re-election. Impossible for a candidate to gain steam 10 people at a time. Also how do you even hold the election?  Are we gonna empty the jails? What about the barracks?  We can’t gather in groups larger than 10 but there is a standing army over our backs. 

Also I hate when the establishment goes off the deep end and I’m forced to agree with radicals like Scotty. I got no time due Utopian dreamers but my tolerance for authoritarianism is very low. When America goes fascist, I’m forced to agree with the young anarchist. 

• Forum MVP

Congress can’t convene further centralizing power to the executive. That’s scary. Dudes a lunatic. 

Jonathan Swift might write a good satire on this whole situation with the most logical conclusion here to “flatten the curve” is to eliminate not quarantine the carriers. Better to call them carriers here than the infected. 

• Forum MVP

The stones just cancelled summer tour. Come on man!!! My show was mid June in 3 months. Either it’s still spreading or not then but life will have to go on by then. We can’t isolate for 3 months. The economy will never recover from a full shutdown of that magnitude 

• Forum MVP

You can’t shut down The country for 8 months. People have to make a living. 4 weeks is what we have then have to just deal. Not many Americans can afford to sit home for 2 months much less 8. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Mason's Child said:

Btw rude lots of people can’t afford to 4 weeks. They live check to check. This is going to lead to so many people seeking government assistance those programs are going to go bankrupt. 

Or perhaps this is the kind of catalyst that helps an entire society, including at government level, reflect and come to realize that actually taking care of its people is the numero uno thing to be putting time, energy, and money towards...vs. the other ways that our federal dollars have been prioritized and spent for not so wholesome purposes for many many decades.

Amazing opportunity for us, even as a species as a whole to fully evolve into the mammalian portion of our brain oriented toward caring for one another and our home vs our fight or flight fear based tendencies...

Can't help it,,,I'm a dreamer...always intrigued by unusual moments that might be able to help shift consciousness for the better...this virus actually feels like it has that potential despite (or perhaps, because of) the great hardship it will cause for so many.

• Forum MVP

Spring and summer sans travel will lead to depression and otter ailments too. I was exposed financially when China shut down and now my biggest client cancelled 2 of their 7 national trade shows. I don’t see anything good coming from this. Our economy will recede at unprecedented levels. We will continue to shed jobs. On a bright note, I think if you bought amazon stock at the bottom you will rack up. They are trying to hire 100k peeps to fill the demand as people buy online. I’m thinking this Hawaii trip was a pipe dream. Don’t want to be forced to sit in a hotel room for 1,5 weeks. Plus don’t want to be travel slut shamed. Maybe a camping trip?  Hmm that could work 

• Forum MVP

Love you Huck. Pray your right. Greatly for your wrong. Nothing about today’s leadership or the public who put them there suggests this great shift is on the verge of taking place. But keep on dreaming. We need dreamers. 

If anything Huck, I feel this will is and is doing the opposite. Isolate. Keep distance from others. Assume they are sick. If not family, always treat others like carriers. 6 feet separation. As I watch society embrace this, I feel the opposite occurring. 

• Forum MVP

It seems to me that the vast majority of people dying are seniors or people with underlying conditions,  could we not just tell those people to self isolate and let the rest of society go on as normal or is that not PC? There rest of us will become infected,  recover and go about our lives while there virus runs its course like any flu season. When it's deemed safe,  let those under isolation know.  The main thing is to check on our seniors who are at risk and make sure they have what they need to stay isolated. 

• Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

Who knew you went to fake news media like msn for your news. I only go to Alex Jones for the truth. I bought his toothpaste which keeps covid19 at bay. 

• Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

The experience in Italy is one to heed. Here in San Francisco and the surrounding counties, we're already in shelter in place mode.  Only so called "essential businesses" are open.  I expect more of the country to follow suit sooner rather than later.  Meanwhile, I'm here at work in borderline violation of civil orders.  But since I'm the only one here, social distancing in very much in play! 

Here's a weird one - auto repair shops are still open but I was not expecting an auto showroom to be as well. And my car lease is coming due. But lo and below, I'm apparently able to go to the dealership and drive what I want...just not with a salesman in the car with me.  Social distancing, you know.

Time to hit the grocery store (they're still open) on the way home.  This is a convenient time to know how to cook.  Rude - where is all that bourbon I asked you to send me? Need it.

• Forum MVP

The spread is inevitable. Humans are silly to think they can stop it. Exposure for the healthy is good. Build up antibodies. It will allow us to better handle the variations that develop post vaccination. Hasn’t this been the accepted attitude for a long time regarding viruses. 

This all feels like a movie except in the movie you later find out there was no virus but the leaders convinced you of permanent quarantine while they lived fabulously. 

I had a funny thought the other day. 

who would’ve thought chuck and John a would be apart of the resistance of young people speaking their mind. 

mango and Scotty I applaud you

theres a man with a gun over there telling me I got to beware

my friend was sent home from work today by the police

young people speaking their mind getting so much resistance from behind

Archived