Who do you miss?

Michael Doc Watson

• Forum MVP

In these days of isolation I miss seeing friends.  There are good friends that we see every week and there are those we only get to see occasionally at shows. I suppose it will be several months until we can get together again and dance to the music coming from our favorite band.

Tonight I’m suddenly missing seeing, Vic.  I guess I thought of him because there’s a movie on TV about a fireman in New York City.  I remember Vic most from that late night with everyone out by the creek at Bear Mountain a few years ago. It was the first time Vic was down South and people were telling him about how things are around here and Vic was smiling and laughing and having fun. I hope Vic and everyone else is doing well.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP
12 minutes ago, acududeman said:

I miss March Madness

that’s one of the 1000 options I could have pursued. If it would stop raining for a day I’d go backwoods camping as all parks are closed. Curious when I’ll contract covid19. This social distancing is only to slow it so hospitals don’t fill all at once but we are all likely gonna get it.  Would like to get it over with.....

Who do I miss?  All the amazing pets we've had through time.  

What do I miss?  The Phil zone physical area usually all the wayback onphils side , but where you can still hear the music well. Everyone's doing their best not to fall from Grace or loose their step.  So fukingrovin... Miss the non phsycal Phil zone too.  

• Forum MVP

I miss calm, peace, and innocence. This constant fear of impending doom is getting old. Due to circumstances that I’m gonna say are beyond my control, I have spent the majority of my adult life striving and hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. It’s getting old, a little late in the game. This Coronavirus thing isn’t changing much for me, it’s just another thing, but there is a greater sense of urgency. I long for the oasis that a Dark Star Orchestra show is that gives me a break from that feeling. 

• Forum MVP

I miss simpler times - everything seems so weighty nowadays.  I've tried to turn off the news but it seems to find me one way or another.  

Love to you all, and also to everyone you love.  

• Forum MVP
On 3/23/2020 at 8:09 AM, 2muchfun said:

I miss the anticipation of planned shows I.e. jubilee where I’d see you.

Been replaced by......?

this is the big thing for me. I can survive on anticipation. So many plans then failed plans lately has left me in the dumps. I need a future to look forward to. I need live music. I need to be able to hop a flight, take a road trip.  Trying to figure 1 thing to do besides Netflix or amazon or hbo is an impossible task. And it just keeps freaking raining. Yesterday was the 1st day we got to go exercise in a week. Yesterday we just got our 1st case in my town so our curve is just starting which means another 4+ weeks of lockdown. Ugh. On a weird note a hospital client called me to try to procure them n95 masks from China and sanitizer and medical gowns. I’m not a medical supplier either. That’s how weird this is. On that note I did find the supplies they needed at a gouged price of near triple normal pricing. A Canadian company sourcing out of China isn’t bound by gouging laws here though. Was told the hospital would take the commercial masks not medically approved as they are that desperate. Nutty shit. Evidently other hospitals are having to use the commercial kn95 masks as there’s no option. And btw if you order “n95” masks on amazon they are really kn95 masks. Read the fine print. 

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Rude said:

.... And btw if you order “n95” masks on amazon they are really kn95 masks. Read the fine print. 

According to a rather technical buletin from 3M who manufactures N95 masks these are essentially equalivalent, just different country's regulations. 

Here is a quote from the 3M bullitin...

"Based on this comparison, it is reasonable to consider China KN95, AS/NZ P2, Korea 1st Class, and Japan DS FFRs as “equivalent” to US NIOSH N95 and European FFP2 respirators, for filtering non-oil-based particles such as those resulting from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, or bioaerosols (e.g. viruses)."   3M Technical Bulletin January, 2020 Revision 2   https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1791500O/comparison-ffp2-kn95-n95-filtering-facepiece-respirator-classes-tb.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

My mom who is in a nursing home at age 93, these are critical last days, I like going in there and taking care of her, bringing her flowers and looking at family  photo albums from the 50's, 60's and 70's childhood birthday parties with kid friends around a table with a cake with candles on it. We also read letters from her mother that she wrote her weekly when the family moved from scarsdale to cincy. Several pages in each letter,  so much love shared on these pieces of paper,  even the envelopes are interesting. We like to watch Animal Planet show on the Bronx zoo because she used to go there as a kid. This seperation is preparing me for the big one looming ahead. I sure hope I get to be with her again.  I lost my father 20 years ago and still miss him each and every day. I miss my grandfather who liked to take everyone out to dinner 

• Forum MVP

I can relate to that one. My father is in a nursing home, fading fast. He had to give up his apartment in the facility, graduated up to a wheel chair literally right before the Coronavirus lockdown. He’s now in a hospital bed on the other end of the facility, eating meals in his room, no visitors allowed. He’s been battling breast cancer for well over twenty years. There isn’t any meds left for him to take. He’s had them all. So sad. This is a man who owned the busiest barber shop in the state of Delaware. The oldest business on the Concord Pike. My mom had a stroke four years ago, hasn’t been able to speak since. Bad Alzheimer’s. I can visit her but she doesn’t know who I am. If you knew them when they were younger, you wouldn’t believe that this is how things are turning out. I never would have imagined such a sad last days to a wonderful couple. 

• Forum MVP

I miss seeing my folks. I miss my friends locally and the easy laughter we have; those people in my life that are always up to get down and have fun. Birthday baptism in the fountain across from a party space and the shopping cart we wheel people around in. Lol I miss my kids’ friends coming over and hanging out. Their sweet spirits promising good life and the future  and half are leaving for college (hopefully!!!!). I miss my son’s last soccer season. I miss like crazy dancing at a show and the DSO shows.  I miss my employees and patients, the opportunity to make things better for them. I miss being able to order the supplies I need at work. 

i am sooooo happy to have some down time to be and rest. It is a treasured gift. 

I am grateful to take stock of what the past years have brought and see where I am, what to let go of and what to keep. 

• Forum MVP

Weird but I miss working a little. Not having anything to do is a little weird. I don’t miss 8 hour days which I haven’t done in 12 years but I miss my hour or 2 a day of work. Think I’m gonna have to either start a new biz or maybe open a bar. Well that prob won’t work either. I do have a dream to open up a little hole in the wall dead bar that I’m proprietor and bartender just to be able to hang out and listen to dead while I pour drinks. Not sure if western Kentucky is the spot for that though. Call it good lovin and on Tuesdays it’s single ladies night so they can meet fellow deadheads. I can help the 6 single deadheads in my town find love. Get Hyryder to come play once in a while for the 50 peeps who show up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, Michael Doc Watson said:

In these days of isolation I miss seeing friends.  There are good friends that we see every week and there are those we only get to see occasionally at shows. I suppose it will be several months until we can get together again and dance to the music coming from our favorite band.

Tonight I’m suddenly missing seeing, Vic.  I guess I thought of him because there’s a movie on TV about a fireman in New York City.  I remember Vic most from that late night with everyone out by the creek at Bear Mountain a few years ago. It was the first time Vic was down South and people were telling him about how things are around here and Vic was smiling and laughing and having fun. I hope Vic and everyone else is doing well.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Thanks doc! I miss you to buddy and everyone that I’ve met through DSO. Missing runs of shows and just having music and friends around. I haven’t been on here much, my job has become the most hectic I’ve ever seen. It’s depressing and mentally and psychically draining. NYC has turned  upside down. I miss double night shows at  black mountain and  Hampton beach and especially  my home base the Capitol theatre.  I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Hope to see everyone done the road. TOOT

• Forum MVP

All of the golfers. I enjoy watching golf. Live golf. I rarely sit still but the tail end of a tournament on Sunday can be fun to watch. I enjoy it for a couple of reasons. I never play it. (Except on the boardwalk) I also don’t care who wins. I just enjoy watching it unfold. I like checking out the landscaping and terrain of the different courses too. I’m looking forward to golf coming back.

Archived