RESCHEDULED FROM 4/2

FRI, DEC 11

SAINT AUGUSTINE AMPHITHEATRE - ST. AUGUSTINE, FL

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/3

SUN, DEC 13

PLAZA LIVE - ORLANDO, FL

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/5

• Like (+1) 2

Dream on. I dont see groups of 50+ gathering together until there is an adequate vaccine which wont be til next spring, and even then it will be for essential workers.  If we're lucky, we may get back to work (socially distanced, masked) and 1/2 capacity restaurants by summer. The "bomb" scenario in gatherings of folks with no immunity is terrifying, ie the funeral in rural GA, the med confrence in Boston, some party in CT...

• Forum MVP

There will be a point in America where people will just say fuck it. Not sure if that’s 3 months or 6 months but the time will come when printing money is no longer feasible. The worst part is spring is here. That’s the depressing part. I think I’m taking up disc golf again. Can’t think of anything else to do......

Seems like the Appalachain trail might be something to do during this time. Then again, the logistics of town visits and resupply are really fucked now too l guess. That, and the AT had a bad norovirus outbreak last year, so it would be wise to avoid the bubble of folks that migrate south to north starting right about now. Agreed, l dont know what to do. Another walk, then start drinking, eating, smoking again tonite. Supposed to be in pompano for vacation right now, Arrrrr!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, friendofthedead said:

Seems like the Appalachain trail might be something to do during this time. Then again, the logistics of town visits and resupply are really fucked now too l guess. That, and the AT had a bad norovirus outbreak last year, so it would be wise to avoid the bubble of folks that migrate south to north starting right about now. Agreed, l dont know what to do. Another walk, then start drinking, eating, smoking again tonite. Supposed to be in pompano for vacation right now, Arrrrr!

i thru hiked the AT in 2005. Started April 15th and finished oct 15. Do it!!!  Just send your resupply to the post offices. Pack your boxes and have family mail them when you call with the address. Set them as hold for hiker and they all hold at the office. You won’t be able to go to a restaurant or bar and scarf down 3000 calories or mooch drinks as you tell your stories(I got so much booze food and weed free just using the “it’s tough thru hiking not being able to make any money” and you get all sorts of stuff bought for you). 

gogogo. Pro tip: 50% of the stuff you think you need, you don’t. The clothes on your back plus a jacket are the only clothes you need. You may actually need a tent with social distancing stuff, but I did it with no tent. That’s 4 pounds you don’t need. And get some trail runners. Hiking boots are too heavy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Just imagine if the first show back is Dewey Beach. Could you imagine all the Starheads swarming down on that place like cops on a donut shop? 

trumps going to restart concerts in 2 weeks..... kid rock and ted nugent will be the 1st to play. 

• Forum MVP

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. It’s making it exciting. I hope like hell that it’ll not like the time from Jerry’s passing until I stumbled into Dark Star Orchestra, five years of no shows. I shouldn’t say no shows, one Phil and friends in Camden. We got a pride of Cucamonga and a days between. That was cool. Next year was lame and the last time. Praise DSO !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

The music had died for me before I found Dso. Now it’s dead again. I don’t see how a tour will work. I can see shows being put on but no way a tour through many states goes on. I think it’s time to look to areas that you can do 3-5 shows in larger venues at half capacity. I don’t see New York State allowing any concerts in 2020. I know it’s super early but no way 1500 people are shoulder to shoulder until this has dissipated. I think we should look at how baseball will happen this year. We all go quarantine in a hotel with music for 7 days then we see 2 weeks of shows in Arizona. Or Dso goes to the UAE and has a few weeks of shows. That’s where ufc was trying to have their event. 

• Forum MVP

Dead and co forced to cancel Folsom July 10 and 11th shows. But then we assumed summer ain’t happening. 

on another note Ticketmaster will not be refunding any more postponed shows. They are stealing our money.  When they file bankruptcy forget ever seeing this again. I still have Stones tickets I can’t get a refund on that are rescheduled a year from now and Jrad tix that they won’t refund. This confirms what we all knew. That Ticketmaster sells early tickets to pay bands currently playing.  They need those year in advance sales to pay their bills and then use those to pay bands playing now. But with no one buying tickets for shows coming up in months they can’t pay the bills. Fucking thieves. Out $500 for a stones show a year away. 

what’s even dumber are people on CashorTrade are posting ISO for phish at dicks. That ain’t happening. Plus there will be a gazillion tickets if it somehow did happen. So many won’t go to a football stadium mass spread event. Maybe I should dump some of these tickets im stuck with for under face. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, friendofthedead said:

Phish at dicks   what a cauldron of shit that would be.  Wook flu, pubic lice, the Plague, and now covid 19...

There's a lot goin on in that statement but it all checks-out

• Haha (+1) 1