11/11/97

count2

From the News page:

Hey All… Rob Eaton here from DSO. With the pandemic crippling the world and leaving me with a lot of free time on my hands, I’m digging into the DSO Audio Archive to find some rare recordings to release weekly for free. I had the thought of releasing all the current band members first shows with DSO and the band was all for it. What you may not know is that DSO has been very good about recording its live performances. As the band Archivist I am proud to say that we are missing less then 50 of 3,000 shows over 23 years! At any rate we are going to start “Walk in the Park Wednesdays” with DSO’s very first public performance from Martyr’s in Chicago IL on 11/11/97 followed each week by a different band member’s first show . We will post these shows every Wednesday at Noon EST. We hope you enjoy!

Peace,

Rob Eaton

Tune in now for Dark Star Orchestra’s first show ever!

Rob, you doing this for us is more than helping us pass this uncertain time, it also reminds us of why we love DSO so much. Most of us fans are indeed aware of how much you contribute not only as a long-term band member, but also as the master of those incredibly well recorded shows in your bands archive. A lot of bands record their shows, of course, and many even occasionally release some of them to the public, but you have taken this a step further by carefully and lovingly tend to them, just like you have with some of the GD tapes you have been tasked with rescuing and restoring in the past. Not trying to butter you up, but I just wanted to let you know how grateful I, and every DSO fan I know am for your tireless efforts. We miss being able to see you all in person, but trust that you and the rest of the band are safe, happy, and eager to get out on the road once the dust has settled from this epidemic. The joy we will all experience upon being able to gather and celebrate together will be impossible to measure! Peace to you, your family, and the rest of the band and crew. Topher

Thanks Rob. Great idea!

On 4/3/2020 at 9:47 AM, chuckvegas said:

Scott’s last show. The Foolish Heart is... recommended.

https://archive.org/details/dso2005-04-23.flac16

sick show....weather report > let It grow..

On 4/2/2020 at 4:53 PM, Billy DeLyon said:

I'd love to hear some early Scott "sandwich man" Larned recordings.  Not much of that around on youtube!

deadhead archive or relisten > android or apple...plenty on there...

• Forum MVP
25 minutes ago, Weather Command said:

chuck, if you scroll down, youll see james left a review of show( sort of ), more to pay respects to scotty...Miss the ole daze buddy...

I saw that years ago, buddy! This is a regular stop when I stroll down memory lane. ❤️

• Forum MVP

I would drive from Lorain , Ohio to Chicago on regular basis.. could make it in less than 5 hours easy when all fell into place  to see DSO at Martyer's starting in pre-2000... 

nice little parking lot across the street I seem to recall ... maybe 30 spots max..

without looking I'm guessing it was on Lincoln Street .. or Lincoln was right in area ..

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Teacher Matt said:

I would drive from Lorain , Ohio to Chicago on regular basis.. could make it in less than 5 hours easy when all fell into place  to see DSO at Martyer's starting in pre-2000... 

nice little parking lot across the street I seem to recall ... maybe 30 spots max..

without looking I'm guessing it was on Lincoln Street .. or Lincoln was right in area ..

That is dedication Teacher Matt.

I used to live in Avon Lake, so I

Would have a couple more miles

To go.

Praise DSO.

Archived