Jan 18, 2007 the Pageant, St. Louis, MO

Guest broken glass

Guest broken glass

Last time DSO played in St. Louis was that debacle of a show out at the sculpture park. I thought the guys would try to redeem themselves tonight but I was DEAD WRONG. I payed money to see a sleepy ass JGB set! I am beside myself. Seriously, I thought DSO had one of the best concepts out there; tonight makes me think otherwise. Do these guys have something against St. Louis? What gives, really? I thought DSO covered DEAD. Am I the only curmudgeon in the midwest? Somebody help me!

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the show. Maybe they had an off night. Never seen it before, but I guess it's possible. As far them playing a JGB show, there are nights that they do an original setlist and play whatever they want to play. There are a lot of people that would really love to hear a JGB show. I'd rather have Grateful Dead music myself, but they have certainly earned the right to play whatever they feel like playing. Once again, sorry to hear about your experience and I hope ya give them another shot. They really are an awesome band!!!

Guest captain420

something you don't see very often...someone giving it very blunt.

Sorry to hear about your loss samplification & broken glass (same person?).

Go to the next show,. bound to cover just a little more ground!

Guest broken glass

Samplification and I are not the same person. I think it's funny that there are people that refuse to believe that there could be two of us out there that didn't like the show last night. I think DSO is awesome and I've really really enjoyed their shows in the past. My true concern is that St. Louis will never get a DSO Dead show ever again...How many bunk shows in a row do I have to pay for before I just stay home and watch Ticket to New Years AGAIN?

I wasn't going to post but like always I cant shut up.

Some people see the glass as half full. Others see the glass as half empty. While still some see a broken glass that holds no water at all. Thats fine. See it as you will. Personally I see last nights show as half full. Just like any other night i have heard them. This band is so much more than its permise. Besides that thing is like 7 years old. I hope that DSO decides to play as many different shows and more that the other members of the family do. Keep on Truckin. Your doing a wonderful job. I am grateful that the band decided to play last night even though Rob was not able to make it. Now thats deadication.

i hope DSO transitions into many different eras/generations of music. it keeps it fresh. an acoustic show is usually one of my favorites. i would love to see DSO do a JGB.... to each their own..... differences make the world go round'

peace,

erin

Guest dankster

I would have to admit I was expecting to see all Dead and I was almost bummed out, then I realized I was getting to hear new songs that I did not know. I saw DSO for their great talent on new material (to me). I was blown away, they are so kind. I also realized I have so much more music to explore. 30 cd's only scratches the surface of this musical journey. This was my first show as well, Im now a Grateful fan of DSO. Thanks for the insight.

Archived