Review of the St. Louis Show...

Muddy Waters

Having seen every show in St. Louis that DSO has ever played with the exception of the first one or two..I think I can do a point counter point to the negative review (Samplification)...firs of all the first part of the show was as follows:

7-21-1976 Keystone, Berkeley, CA

Set 1

Sugaree

Catfish John

That's What Love Will Make You Do

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

After Midnight

Set 2

Don't Let Go

The Way You Do The Things You Do

Stir It Up

Ride Mighty High

I personally loved the JGB show because I have never seen them do it.. and the crowd was responsive (and many of them confused)...I would say the pre generation x'rs had no clue in the world what was going on as many of them kept screaming for "Help On the Way" and "Terrapin"..I was in the trenches dancing so I had first hand knowledge 80 percent of the floor had no point of refrence with respect to a 1976 Keystone show. It was funny..(at least from a grizzled veteran' point of view)

After they completed the Keystone show they kicked into Set 3 which was the highlight for me as one of our local fav's here and good friend of Rob and Dino..Brad Sarno set up on Pedal Steel...They proceeded to kick into a ferocious version of Tangled Up in Blue where Dan went to the Organ..the interplay between John, Brad and Dan..was the height of quality music..into They Love Each Other>Scarlet and into Drums..and with a babysitter I had to head home..so someone else can fill in the blanks.

I thought it was a stellar show particularly with home towner added to the mix..While I disagree with samplification review above..I do respectfully believe that DSO should give a heads up to folks in advance (to the extent they know in advance) if arguably the Co-Star (Eaton) will not be in the mix on a particular night. Particularly in places they play only every 10 Months or so...

Muddy...

Make My Old Memories Come Alive

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

DARK STAR ORCHESTRA Forum Index -> DSO Reviews All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Watch this topic for replies

Jump to: Select a forum ANNOUNCEMENTS----------------AnnouncementsRumours and Hearsay and Questions AnsweredPublic Relations DSO Public Forums----------------General Discussion (The NEW DNC?!?!?)Jam In The DamJoke Of The DayDSO ReviewsDSO RequestsTravelers Forum Help----------------Forum Support

Archived