Columbus

bs69

• Forum MVP

Another banner evening, even if it is frigid outside, it was warm at the Newport tonight. 12-16-92 going from memory..

Set 1: Stranger, B.E. Women, Same thing, Loose Lucy, Memphis Blues, Row Jimmy, Let it grow

Set 2: Shakedown, Samson, Ship of fools, Playin'>Drumz>Space>Dark Star (1 verse)>Watchtower>StellaBlue>Good Lovin'

E. Casey Jones

Filler: Ripple

Highlights for me were Stella, Ripple and catching Loose Lucy for the first time in a while.. We had a real good time

• Forum MVP
Playin'>Drumz>Space>Dark Star (1 verse

Note that the Oakland Coliseum run in December 1992 was 5 shows. The first verse of Dark Star was a few shows before this one, and the "Playin" reprise was the next night.

Say, Rob Eaton, as the chief set planner, how do you feel about the show being out of context like that? Is there a playin reprise in the near future? Was last Friday's D/S the first verse?

:) Have a great trip down southeast and see you in AMS!!!

Dark Star Orchestra

Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH

2.3.07 (Sat.)

Show # 1355 performing:

12/16/92 (Wed) Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum - Oakland, CA

Set 1: Feel Like A Stranger, Brown Eyed Women, The Same Thing, Loose Lucy, Stuck Inside A Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again, Row Jimmy, Let It Grow

Set 2: Shakedown Street, Samson & Delilah, Ship of Fools, Playing In The Band > Drums > Space > Dark Star* > All Along The Watchtower > Stella Blue > Good Lovin', E: Casey Jones

Philler: Ripple

Comment: *second verse plus long jam

My highlights: Row Jimmy, Shakedown, Fools & a BEAUTIFUL RIPPLE! What a treat. I didn't care much at all for this setlist. But I must say they played the shit out of every song. Can't wait for The Ledges!

• Forum MVP

From St. Louis..........suprise JGB

to Indy....................

to Cincy....................

to Columbus...............great set list and so well played

Another sweet DSO run for me.

See you ??????

Thank You.............For a real good time

• Forum MVP

12/16/92 was a rare DEad show, particularly for the era, without any weakness whatsoever.

I have a video, and Jerry has never looked happier than during Ship Of Fools. The Casey Jones was such absolute icing.

Sounds like Ripple was the absolute icing at this DSO evening. :!:

Archived