State College

Guest crazy digits

09/15/85 (Sun) Devore Field, Southwestern College - Chula Vista, CA

Set 1: Alabama Getaway > Promised Land, West L.A. Fadeaway, Mama Tried > Big River, Dupree's Diamond Blues, Smokestack Lightning > Deal

Set 2: Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain, Samson & Delilah, She Belongs To Me, Truckin' > Comes A Time > Around and Around > Drums > U.S. Blues > Satisfaction, E: Brokedown Palace

Filler: Lost sailor> Saint of Cicumstance

Don't Let Go

I'd have to say the most enjoyable show I've streamed, although I've only streamed about 8 or 9. Great performance by the band and a great pick by Eaton. What a classic! A fun time had by all. Thanks!

• Forum MVP

Wow!!! Can this band geing any better????

A four hour plus ride from NYC to State College with an ipod filled with DSO...

First set...the typical 80's

Second set... Scarlet-fire-samson-she belongs to me- comes a time and then out of space US Blues??? What a treat!!!

And then an appearance by Lisa for a three song filler.... an absoluetly amazing don't let go...

I ask again can DSO get any fing better?????

I have some explaining to do. I was texting the first few songs to nantuket steve and in my exuberance, i was texting to the wrong steve. My bosses name is steve also. The meeting should be interesting tommorow...

Thanks again Nantuket Steve!! And as usual, thanks dso!! My face hurts from smiling....See you in May!!

• Forum MVP

i had definitely never seen around and around into drums, and I must say I wasn't thrilled about the barrage a rocknroll songs towards the end of the second set....but the filler was just amazing, especially the extended jam in don't let go. sound was nice in the theatre but "NO DANCING IN THE AISLES!"....good times nonetheless.

Guest mark kahler

Yes! GREAT show at the State Theatre on TU, 2-6!! Can't blame Rob for saying he won't miss the Crowbar down the street! (Only the ownership changed hands. It's called the Cell Block, now!) Told Cameron that the sound in that little theatre was STERLING!! From where I sat, could hear every little nuance and note, and every word PERFECTLY enunciated! That Drumz was out of this world.....

Yes, "NO DANCING IN THE AISLES!" Boy, that WAS a bummer, wasn't it? Well, OK....How about "dancing in the STREETS!?" OK, not with it being THAT cold outside! BRRRRR!

Finally, a seemingly odd choice for setlist recreation actually turns out to be quite a little gem after all! Also, being a Navy veteran, could really relate to the Lost Sailor + Saint of Circumstance segue in the mini-third set. Thanks, Folks!

PS: Next time in State College, (and I'm definite it'll be the State Theatre all over again), could we please get one of the City Island shows from

6-23-83 or 6-23-84? You haven't performed either one of those yet, and I've got friends who attended both.

Guest onthebus44

THANK YOU!!!!! to whoever found my wallet and turned it in!!!!!!!

Way to keep my faith.

Fun show indeed!!! I love the theater settings over the Crowbar.

Nice suprise on Don't Let Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I second that request for a Local show, City Island 84...or Hershey 85 or Rec Hall ( Penn State) 81 I believe...

and I am listening to that 85 show right now, and it KICKS

Nice to have these guys coming to Rural PA theaters. Might wanna check out Williamsport as a venue or Stroudsburg.

One more note....Railroad Earth is playing at this State College venue in March.

Archived