Neighborhood Theater, Charlotte NC 2-10-07 (Full Review)

jackjones

Show #1,360 - Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at Neighborhood Theatre, Charlotte, NC

Performing 11/17/1973 Pauley Pavilion (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA

1:Me & My Uncle, H C Sunshine, L. L. Rain, Deal, Mexicali, Tennessee Jed, Race Is On, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Big River, B. E. Women, Around

2:Row Jimmy, Jack Straw, Ramble On, Playing> Uncle John> Morning Dew> Uncle John> Playing, Stella Blue, El Paso, Eyes> Sugar Magnolia

Encore: Casey Jones

Filler: ????

It is sort of a shock to the system to leave the pleasant atmosphere of Asheville and descend upon the harsh urban pavement jungle that is Charlotte. The show was at the Neighborhood Theater, which is in an up and coming art district called NoDa (North Davidson). The whole block features a mellow mushroom pizza, a nice Cajun place and other various social caffeine and alcohol distribution storefronts. Knowing that will-call started at 7:30 and the doors opened @ eight, we knew we would have to order the pizza to-go if we were to have any hope of entering the venue early enough to claim the valuable real estate that is the frontal region of the seating area (since it was all general admission).

Keeping in form with the previous two nights, the band was on stage just a few minutes after 9. JK stood far left, with Rob next to him, a mic set up for Lisa in the middle, Kevin to the right of the stage and Dan K arranged in the far right corner. (Reverse right and left if you are standing on stage.) In the back was one drum station with Dino at the helm.

They opened up with Me & My Uncle. A nice powerful guitar lick mixed in with some gunfightning and thievery. I was really hoping for a cowboy song night, after two nights of blissful recreation in Asheville, and this opener had me thinking I would get setlist full of pistols, card games and general all-purpose cowboy behavior. After all, I had spent three days in the saddle. And after lugging those granite slabs all over Asheville, you know my body hurt.

Following Me & My Uncle up with Here Comes Sunshine led to a barrage of comments like these:

jack jones...........yeah, i remember him, the black boxer of the tweens, that wanted on the USS Titanic, but had the wrong color ticket, and later the attendant, with 497 and a half feet of rope, was with the cpt. and the ship went down=== history lesson, kids, Jaime Brockett, the legend of the USS titanic..............

• 2 weeks later...

Archived