Pompano Beach Amphitheatre....WOW!!!!

lookyloo

• Forum MVP

Didn't get home until Drumz, from then it was 1 hour of true DSO BLISS!!!! Thank you DSO...24 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes, 35 seconds till my plane takes off.....NOW!

The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down

Virgil Caine is the name and I served on the Denver train

Stoneman's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again

In the winter of '65 we was hungry, just barely alive

By May 10, Richmond had fell, it was a time I remember, oh so well

The night they drove ole Dixie down, all the bells were ringing

The night they drove ole Dixie down, all the people were singing

Na, na na na na na na, na na na na na na, na na na na na na

Back with my wife in Tennessee one day she called for me

Virgil quick come see there goes the "Robert E. Lee"

I don't mind chopping wood and I don't care if the money's no good

Take what you need and leave the rest

They should never have taken the very best

Like my father before me, I'm a peaceful man

Like my brother before me, I took a rebel stand

Just 18, proud and gray, but a Yankee laid him in his grave

Swear by the blood running through (on) my feet

You can't raise a Caine back up when he's in defeat

Guest 333mike

Yeah WOW!!!!

I think the list went like this set 2, I got the order fucked up

happy b day kevin

Estimated

help on the way>

slipknot>

Cosmic charlie

drumz-space (like 30 minutes)

The night they drove ole dixie****

Gimme some lovin

Truckin

Playin

Encore Broken Arrow

*Fucking incredible, Dank smoked the whole song...through and through!!!! N Ever heard it played better by anyone at anytime!!! BUY THE DOWNLOAD DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200!!!!!

I think this is correct.

Set I:

Iko

Stranger

BEW

Mama>

Mexicali

Run 4 the Roses

Sampson

So Many Roads

Cumberland

Deal

Set II:

Playin'>

Help>

Slip>

Cosmic Charlie>

Estimated>

Drums>

Space>

Gimmie Some Lovin'>

Dixie Down

Truckin'>

Playin' Reprise

E:

Broken Arrow*

*Kevin's bday choice(a new tradition)

Guest crazy digits

that sounds about right.....................to me this show was the best of the 4 Fla. shows i saw. the band's energy was felt by the crowd...or at least this is what i felt along with a couple others i was with...the show was tight with great song selection. afterwards WE went over to a bar to see Crazy Fingers(South Fla. band). Rob Eaton sat in for a rendition of Loose Lucy.....REAL good times by all...Thank you to DSO for everything and to others :wacko:

• Forum MVP

The "Dixie" alone made the trip for this Southron boy...Cheesus, the set list looks just about right...glad the gang back on the farm was able to rock it hard in the hills...good times at Cheers and then hauling ass back to an eagerly idling bus...

band_1971_trotsky_0401.jpg

take what you need and leave the rest...

Guest crazy digits

no franklins tower?? LOL That is what we were saying after help slip and until the last song.....was kinda hoping for box>franklins as filler after the band decided it was kevin's birthday honor to pick a song to play as filler.

• Forum MVP
no franklins tower?? LOL That is what we were saying after help slip and until the last song.....was kinda hoping for box>franklins as filler after the band decided it was kevin's birthday honor to pick a song to play as filler.

interesting twist... maybe a franklin's filler this evening??

YEAH I really want to thank the band and crew for patiently waiting for Rob and Dank to get back to the bus. My hat goes off to those guys for making the extra effort to come out and hang out with us and Crazy Fingers again. Much appreciated and glad we got to talk and catch up a little. It made my little mini tour very complete. I got a chance to introduce myself to DanK and he remembered looking over at me in Orlando and said that I had this huge smile from ear to ear on my face. What he did not see was me at Pompano bawling my eyes out durring So Many Roads. It sounded so good and I started thinking of my friend Lee who was not able to make the shows that evening due to the fact that he was struck down by a car on his way to a Crazy Fingers Show a few months back. It is truely amazing how emotional our music really can be. Well enough from me. All of the shows were different and wonderful in their own way. From the Valentines Day Dance to The HOB back home for work on Friday but getting to hear it online and then over to Pompano they were for me as sweet as honey. Thank you all for comming down to see us again. Peace and Love, Phil

• Advisory Board

wow, and all of those who attended this show -- from what i can tell, anyway -- seem to be in one piece. remarkable. i feared you might have blown away. or drowned in a puddle in front of those charming little bar booth-like things trying to get beer. or been blown into one of those charming little bar booth-like things. or just choked on rain. or plain old frozen to death. you know, any of the above.

oh, whoops. sorry. that was last year. apparently the memory of just how cold i was that night is still so very near. perhaps i've been reminded of exactly how freezing it was by this sub-zero degree (with wind) cold snap that has descended upon new york city...

brrrr.

wow, and all of those who attended this show -- from what i can tell, anyway -- seem to be in one piece. remarkable. i feared you might have blown away. or drowned in a puddle in front of those charming little bar booth-like things trying to get beer. or been blown into one of those charming little bar booth-like things. or just choked on rain. or plain old frozen to death. you know, any of the above.

oh, whoops. sorry. that was last year. apparently the memory of just how cold i was that night is still so very near. perhaps i've been reminded of exactly how freezing it was by this sub-zero degree (with wind) cold snap that has descended upon new york city...

brrrr.

Brrr is right but so glad I got to leave the cold in NJ and hit Pompano for what I thought was gonna be a warm night.. The only thing hot was the band!!! :icon14::icon14::icon14: Made this trip well worth it! Thanks again Rob for making it happen! And Thank You DSO! :dsorocks: Hopefully I will make it to Sayreville or Princeton!

Hey Now!! Would there be any chance of squeezing in a night at Mexicali? I am sure Eli wouldnt mind!!! How bout Nokia????

See you soon I hope!!

Alex in NJ but gettin Burnt in Pompano till Saturday!

Hey Alex , you comin to Cheers tonite? If you still in Pompano its right around the corner from ya!

music starts at 8:30, till midnight. Come early I'll be outside for the usual meet and greet

Jack Straw Florida.....aka Jamie

Sorry Jamie, didn't make it to Cheers after the show or the other night... Maybe next year.... Home in NJ and hating every minute of it for now.... I hate snow..... RowJimmy knows how happy I am to be back home and nose to the grindstone.... :rolleyes:

Show was most excellent I might add..... Spent the 1st set down in front 5th row stage right then the rest up in the lighting booth to get out of the chill and chill out with the hot chocolate n baileys!

Archived