Don't Let Go ->

Drums ->

Space ->

I Need A Miracle ->

So Many Roads ->

Around & Around

-Encore-

My Sisters & Brothers

Entire Show with Martin Fierro (Except 'Drums')

Most of show with Donna Jean & Lisa

Fun night to Stream!

The camera started to bounce during 'Around & Around.'

Let's just say the joint was jumpin'!

Guest captain420
Of course you must mean Thursday. I have tickets for Friday, and I hope I didn't miss the show. :lol:

So we have a recreation and an original thus far. Nice balance.

:wacko:

Sorry. lol.

The show ended @ 3am for me, so when I did the post it was Friday....oops! :blink:

Good original setlist, but I personally prefer it when they do the Dead's setlists.

Donna was great and obviously having a great time. I wish she had taken the lead. not just backup with Lisa. She could have sung a number of the songs, kind of like Joan in P+F. As long as they were doing an original set and had a sax in the band, may as well really mix it up and have Donna lead.

I thought it was great and am going back tonight!

Great Show all around!! Shakdown opener Sweet Melody and a Smokin Charlie in the first... So we keep on turning California! Help slip w/ a hard trans DontLetGo Expect a Miracle to a another sweet SoManyRDs and a rockus Around E: KEEP THE FAITH

Thanks to the Band,Donna&Martin

Also, if you didn't catch last night, here is my friend Garrett L's recording from last night in the balcony....Thanks again Garrett you ROCK my friend! and so does DSO!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=505443

Captain420-

Thanks for the link to the show my friend.....know of the others surfacing anywhere as of yet? Was hoping the band was going to release them for purchase via download , looks like thats not happening however. To bad as I'm sure the energy in the house would be sooooo apparent in crisp soundboard form. That place was rockinnnnnn' four nights strong! Was soooo worth the trip out west from NY. Thanks to the band and crew for such a blast!

Fritz :cheers:

• Forum MVP

I suppose this is heresy to say on a DSO board, but you folks really listen to tapes of these shows rather than listening to The Boys? If so, what's your ratio of DSO tapes to Dead tapes listening? Anybody listen to DSO tapes more than they listen to Dead tapes?

Don't misunderstand me, DSO shows are a blast. But for me it's all about the live experience. When I fire up my stereo, it's all about Garcia et all.

• Advisory Board

I find myself listening to the Grateful Dead playing the origonal shows rather then DSO, unless I don't have that show that the Dead played on CD... now I do find myself listening to DSO do their orgional setlists quite a bit...

• Forum MVP

Lately (last couple of years, especially the last year) I find myself listening more and more to DSO. Except for some of the "classics," such as Cornell and the Dick's, it has been DSO. Especially, as Ron said, the Herdlectives! It is leavened with some Cornmeal (thanks, Mike!), SCI, and Root, and reliving my youth through the Band, CSN&Y and the Airplane.

For comic relief I will listen to the local classic rock station and the Jack station (actually not too bad a mix of decades/tunes); I am waiting to see what happens with Sirius and XM before I make that leap.

This would be an interesting topic for a poll... :dsorocks:

• Advisory Board
Lately (last couple of years, especially the last year) I find myself listening more and more to DSO.

i, too, have been listening to a lot of pure dso lately. i think it started with something that, never having seen the dead, i can't experience while listening to the dead (not that this would be the only reason to listen to the dead over dso or vice versa). by that i mean, of course: "hey, i was at this show and now i'm listening to it. fun."

but yeah. i have a relatively limited (memory-wise) ipod, so i tend to switch things out. right now it's a lot of dso shows. and at present i'm feeling a little obsessed with the band.

• Forum MVP
i, too, have been listening to a lot of pure dso lately. ..."hey, i was at this show and now i'm listening to it. fun."

my sentiments exactly.

but other than that, i like listening to dso shows because dso is that good. call me blasphemous if you will, but dso plays dead songs better than the dead did alot of the time... dso is so damn good at what they do, its like the dead are back on tour. so many "holy shit balls" shows, how can you not listen to them? i like the grateful dead. and dso can play as good or better than the gd, so i like to get my socks rocked off with new shows that come out each year. live gd shows are finite, but badass dso shows happen almost every night. i like listening to "new" shows... the music never stopped.

Guest darbysdad

j folks-i am not embarrased nor intimidated by preferring to listen to DSO first

because as you say they are that friggin righteously on the mark and i can't stop from grinning and spinning when listening

old head ,new head,it's the music that is the determining factor Eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived