Gamh Saturday

sonomajon

Another barn burner!! Gotta love it...4/30/77...

The Music Never Stopped, Bertha, It's All Over Now, Deal, Mama Tried-> Me & My Uncle, Peggy-O, Looks Like Rain, Mississippi Half Step, Promised Land

Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain, Good Lovin', Friend Of The Devil, Estimated Prophet, Saint Stephen-> Not Fade Away-> Stella Blue-> Saint Stephen-> One More Saturday Night, E: Terrapin Station

Filler: How Sweet It Is...We Bid You Goodnight

Just another amazing show...great vibes all around again...good to see the many new and old friends...

((((((((((((((Suhweet! to the core)))))))))))))))))

• Forum MVP

I saw Fri and Sat - seems these guys play different guitars each night!

The St. Stephen->NFA->Stella->St. Stephen segment was very nicely done. Much more interesting, IMHO, then anything in the '91 Nassau rendition from Friday.

First set highlight was the closing jam in Looks Like Rain.

I was operating on a Fall '76 assumption for awhile during the first set, when a Dead historian buddy more knowledgeable than I proclaimed that the double cowboy songs didn't appear until spring '77. Impressive call in the end, as a quick glance trough DeadBase reveals that 4/30/77 may have been the bust out of the double cowboy!

• Advisory Board

Had fun last night, wish I could of stayed up and heard the whole show.... this past weekend has given me little to no sleep, so 3ish, I crashed hard... missed the St. Stephen on... DO'H!

• Forum MVP

Great, great show. LL Rain was smoking hot! As was the 1/2 Step>P. Land closer. 2nd set was pure heat. Obviously, the Scarlet>Fire was fantastic. However, the Good Lovin' really started taking the show to a new level. From the 1st notes of Stephen, the place just exploded and kept the energy at that level for the duration.

Personal Favorite moments: The guy in the middle of the crowd who looked like he was praying while hopping on a pogo stick was great (for the WHOLE SHOW!!!). So was running into Rob and Rob at Mel's Diner at 3AM. Thanks again guys for making the entire weekend a Masterpiece.

Please, Please, Please make it back to Seattle for your usual Fall run. You actually missed the NW Corner on your Northwest Corner Tour

:D :D

Pogo stick for the whole show ? Was he off to John's side a bit ? That cat was gettin it B I G

:DB):rolleyes::lol:

I don't know nuttin : )))

Anthony

Oh by the way what a great four days you all. Really needed it and boy did I GET it. Thanks again and see ya soon

• Advisory Board
The guy in the middle of the crowd who looked like he was praying while hopping on a pogo stick was great (for the WHOLE SHOW!!!).

Yes, I know that guy... he's one of my favorite :herdy:

Archived