Drums/Space

The Wheel

I Need A Miracle

Cosmic Charlie

Throwing Stones

Touch of Gray

Encore: Attics Of my Life

w/ Rob Barraco

This was the first DSO show that my wife and I ever attended. Since we live only 25 miles or so north of Agoura in Ventura, we decided to go check it out. I have to tell you we were totally blown away by how great this band sounds. I mean if you closed your eyes during the show you would think you were at a GD show. We have seen a few GD cover bands in our day, Cubensis etc....but these guys are amazing. They seem to create the same sound/tone as the Dead did back in the day. First set highlights for me were the Gommorah and a circa 1977 sounding Help, Slip, Franklins. Second set highlights: the jam out of Foolish Heart into NFA. They did a full Rhythm Devils Drum solo with the big drums from the early 80's and even that flat beam thing Mickey use to play. The Wheel, Miracle, Cosmic Charlie and the Attics Encore were played spot on. The original setlist gave us some old 1970's dead as well as 1980's sounding GD songs.

I will definitely look out for this band again next time they come around So-Cal.

Archived