5/8/77 30th

DaysBetween

Yeah the show has been good, what I've caught of it, but the end to that Dew that just kept going and going... WOOOOOOOOWWWWWW! *THAT'S* the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it! Best climax I've heard in a long while or maybe EVER. Are there/will there be SBD downloads of this?? Hmm? :)

• Forum MVP

Fantastic show. Sounds like someone's gotta catch a train they way they're smoking through One More Saturday Night, I wonder if they're up against a hard curfew. Man I really wish I was there...save some for the weekend everyone!!!

THEY'RE A BAND BEYOND DESCRIPTION

Man o man that was a SMOKING 1 more Sat Night!!!!

Wow!!

What a great show it was...Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day in May in upstate NY...Band on fire!! I have never seen John more animated! He was boppin and rockin from the get go...just playing his ass off!! Super nice venue...beautiful old theater with the kindest of vibes from everyone... Dancin in the aisles.. balcony.... wherever...didn't matter...the mayor of ithaca was a sweetie...great starlit ride back to my brothers house over those gentle greening hills...suhweet! thanks to all that made this show happen...the morning dew was epic and reminiscent of the original version from 30 years ago...anyway me and my ibook are rambling...peace to all and sleep well...

Guest ripple

WOW

That was smokin last night!

The webcast was AMAZING!

I have a Home Theater PC and had the video stretched to full screen on my 37" HD LCD with the stereo cranked, it was AWESOME!

Great quality, great show!

THANK YOU!

For a REAL good time! :cheers:

Hope to see more webcasts like that in the future!

Couldn't agree more with all the posters above. I managed to catch the 2nd Set (wish I could have seen the first set ... hoping this one is archived for viewing so I can go back and see it).

It seemed like they were really in the groove tonight and then, just when you thought they couldn't turn it up any more, they did. The set closer of St Stephen -> Not Fade -> St Stephen -> Morning Dew was just ridiculous and the energy and jamosity of the Dew really did hearken back to the original. Truly awe inspiring.

Well done to all the band, that was a helluva show.

Guest captain420

well, I caught some of the 1st......caught 2nd at a buddies place, there were 5 of us in the room, and during Dew, There was not a word said, just gawking and getting caught up in beauty at its finest.

the row jimmy was f'n A rockin'! whew!

Dancin' had us all dancin'

thanks for the GOOD quality stuff! plus the freebie....SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!

• Forum MVP

It was the best concert I have ever attended. I'm still speechless. Open with Dark Star and Ripple - - before running off the 5/8/77 show? Simply amazing. Plus, yesterday and today were the two nicest weather days Ithaca will have all year. God smiled.

hey all

well, i'm going to try to gather my thoughts, they are still somewhat fried. but, i'll do my best

i originally wanted to go to this show to share my friends 30th b-day on 5.8.07....yep he was born

5.8.77!!! well, it ended up he was committed to helping out his aging father so, we found a reasonable substitute to make the trip w/ us....and oh, what a trip it was. we left my house, (we being my gfriend and i and 2 really good buddies of mine. neither had even been to ithaca so, this was gonna be extra special because the day after we did some waterfall sight seeing and hiking around the BEUATIFUL city of ithaca.), around 9:15 am. it was a very spectacular day and we made excellent time. the route we took was LOADED w/ the heat and we stayed right at 70mph all the way...more cops than i've ever seen on one road...at least 50...NO JOKE.

anyway, we arrived in ithaca at 2:30. checked in to the holiday inn just a block or so away from the theater. since i was taping and wanted killer dead center seats we quickly hurried ourselves to the theater. walking up to the theater there were already 10 or so peeps walking around in the typical pre-show fashion...that is w/ one finger held high lookin' for that elusive extra ticket. we got our tix from will call and i grabbed the 1st spot in line. they all took off to go get some grub for us and check out the scene to see if any party favors could be secured. they ended up bringing me back a great wrap to munch on. i had a couple gallons of my homemeade beer - N.F.A. IPA ...fiting, huh? so,, anyway..there we were sittin in line gettin schwilly and playin some guitar.

then a news reporter came up and asked if they could interview me. hell yeah, says i...so i proceeded to give them the lowdown on the event. 30 yrs. ago...and you know the rest. i also, got to talk a bit w/ kevin and robby prior to the show...just a quick hello, thanx and have a great show. all from the bands spirits were high and these guys were ready to peel skulls!!!...time to go in...

i was 1st one in the building for the "official" allowing of folks in for the show. we quickly scooted to row "k" dead center and i proceeded to set up my recording gear. i've been to the theater before for a few other shows including a dso show a couple few years back...really like it...nice old place and they had beer...saranac...mmmmm. so, after QUICKLY setting up my rig i furthur scoured the crowd for a potential party favor supplier...no go...kinda bummed....but, not enough to dampen our spirits in ANY WAY...i mean seriously...look where we were and what we were about to get to see/hear.

1st onto the stage...the mayor and her decree of GD day...THUNDEROUS applause from the crowd at the end...gettin' chills just thinkin about it again...then...here comes the band...dark star opener...YES 10,010 days since the last northern NY darkstar and they crushed it right into ripple..the tears were already flowin...oh the joy!!!

then they started the "official" show...amazing versions of everything...1st set highlights...ALL OF IT!!! seriously tho...the jack straw, loser...KILLER, lazy>supplication...oh man...here we go...

set break i stumbled upon some of owsleys finest and we all did it up...me...well umm lets just say it was the MOST SPIRITUAL, BEAUTIFUL, MIND BLOWING EXPERIENCE i've ever witnessed...the 2nd set ripped the roof off the building and my skull.

scarlet>fire, estimated...the the st. steve>nfa>st steve then the dew...i was touched by god. seriously, the most amazing concert experience ever...and i've been to over 1000 shows. it was truely an epiphany. the terrapin was stellar as well. shows over but, i'm a mess...the woman had to tear down my gear and out we go into the ithaca night to revel in the afterglow...which is STILL shinin brightly today!!!

we went to go find some grub and found a nice little pizza shack w/ great ny style pizza...it was crawling all over the plate. but, i tamed it enough to get it down my throat. after eating we were headed back to the room when we ran into john. he spent 30 minutes or so sharing all kids of stuff w/ us about amsterdam, traveling, just everyday stuff...super nice guy, i just hope i didn't traumatize him too much...i was still having some serious visual issues...all goodness tho.

back to the room for some rest and relaxation time...NOT!!! i was up till 5...slept till 9 and off we went to explore the town and enjoy a beautiful day in a georgous city. had a gyro at the state theater and sat next to the falls w/ a nice pipe...happy times

time to go home...but, we get to listen to my recording of the show on the way...OH MAN!!!! it is the shit!!!! to hell w/ the SBD's this is the tape you wanna listen to...you can hear the crowd singin along to songs and during the quiet parts...the crowd has some RESPECT!!!!...well all but one...this guy decided to stand on his chair and SCREAM directly into my micsat the beginning of scarlet...took everything i had not to rip his throat out...what a fucktard...the only real bummer of the night.

the recroding is amazing IMO and it's being uploaded to LMA right now...i'll post the link as soon as it's done

what i'm curious about...did anyone capture the live video feed of the show...i'd kill for a copy...PM me if so

anyway..the 30th anniversay of the barton hall show was THE BEST CONCERT EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD!!!!!

and i've been to 1k+ shows

see yinz at the ledges...then on 8.6.07 for the day after my b-day show in pittsburgh...yeeee haaaaa...which will be my 30th dso experience...psyched already...

:dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

[

anyway..the 30th anniversay of the barton hall show was THE BEST CONCERT EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD!!!!!

and i've been to 1k+ shows

I think I was the second in the building, thanks for the efforts in taping, I don't know when I will be ready to listen, I'm still in a little shock. It was good meeting you, I think I need a wheel chair. Thanks again....

thank you so much for recording. It makes me feel so good to listen to this incredible concert. DSO ist wunderbar!

Greetings from far, far away

that's exactly why i record shows...for those who couldn't be there ;)

and so i can listen again and again B)

Archived