princton

nwnj steve

• Forum MVP

I would like to say happy mothers day to all the moms out there that were at the show last nite dancing their asses off,& to all the other ones also,4-10-80 hartford minglewood, peggyo,mex-el paso.althea,passenger,far from me,sailor saint deal. china rider ,stranger comes a time estimated hesgone uncle johns drums nfa suger mag , alabama sat nite filler don't ease me in . I haven;t seen these guys since the fall and i still can't believe how freakin great they are .the music just filters into your soul and just explodes in your brain .i don't know if its the size of the venues these guys are playing in ,the crowd, the sound ,the back drops,the notes that are being-to be able to see this happening again becouse i wasen't feeling it 4 a long time at dead shows its just to cool,I never thought I would say this on the board but I've been clean 4 over 23 years & what this stuff is doing to my mind is just simply wonderful. next stop -sherman theater peace -steve

steve i concour whole-heartedly....i am so grateful for everything these guys are doin, they blow me away everytime, they really got it down..."the music plays the band"....thats all i can say. all that energy, and all that fun, you couldn't ask for a better way to spend a saturday night....SOUND IS GOD!!! "what this stuff is doing to my mind is simply wonderful!!" hahaa thats right~simply wonderful.well said. and steve i know i'll cya at the starland....and thanks for being clean and still havin fun, it helps me out alot!!! love ya!

p.s. john thanks for the solo dancin during deal...i'm lovin it....and rob i can't express my gratitude for you comin out during setbreak and talking to people, that in itself made it a great show....i agree with all that stuff you said about the music, when your own stage you have a direction to go but really we're all just vechicles of that sound...with alll the peaks and valleys, solos and thumps of the drums, the music is a power greater then ourselves.

with love, greg

• Forum MVP

Very good show at a very nice venue! Lots of room up in the balcony and not a bad place to be throughout the entire theatre...Mellow 1st Set but concluded with an awesome, very high-energized Deal with JK hopping around and movin'!! Entire second set was a blast with a hot China>Rider, Stranger, an unexpected Comes A Time and Uncle John's into the drumz...High energy throughout the Not Fade and Sugar Mag ... Great conclusion with a tasty Alabama>Saturday Night !! Lots of FUN had by ALL !! Thank you DSO!! SEE YOU IN BURLINGTON, VT!!

oh yes. what a show indeed.

John was absolutely killing all night long -- but especially so in the second set. high energy/enthusiasm - it just rubbed off on the crowd, and we were all more than happy to bounce that energy back to the band.

I really think this show was one of most intense shows I've seen DSO perform ever - and it's got me pretty psyched to go see the boys again at the nice intimate confines of Mexicali

looking forward to an "unusual" set list.... you know how it goes with them thar Terrapin Nation shows

Archived