how many shows have you been to the dso and the gd BOTH played the same setlist?

tapinfool

just saw stroudsburg setlist and i was at the show they played

just wondrin how many times, if ever, this has happend that you were at BOTH shows

would be cool

i mean i've picked out shows 3 times that i knew

but, to have been there would rock

Its happened twice for me. The most recent was a Philly Spectrum show from 1/12/79 that DSO did at Harmonie in Bonn. I'm guessing that I was the only one in Germany that night who was also at the original '79 show. B)

• Forum MVP

can't tell you for sure, but Sunday night in Stroudsburg was the 2nd time I've seen DSO perform 4/2/89....MY FIRST GRATEFUL DEAD SHOW!!!! It's where the magic all happened for me and again....and again!!!! THANK YOU DSO

THEY'RE A BAND BEYOND DESCRIPTION

Guest onthebus44

That Stroudsburg show was a first time for me in which I saw them do a show I was at. I figured it would happen sooner or later.

My first DSO show - 10/16/99 in Keene, NH - they recreated the 4/24/88 Irvine Meadows show. I was there for all three of those original Irvine shows, having just treked cross-country from the run at the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago. That was the first and only time I had a DSO/Dead overlap so far.

• Forum MVP

my first dead show was roosavelt in 76 & they played that last year at the stone pony but i didn't realize it until they told us what show it was,dso has performed alot that i have been to but I've only cought that 1. peace- steve

• Advisory Board

None.... here's the only 3 Dead show's I went to....

07-16-94 Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, Washington, D.C. (Sat)

1: Cold Rain> Picasso Moon, Lazy River Road, El Paso@, Shoe Fits, Ramble On, Masterpiece, Loose Lucy, Promised

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Samba, Estimated> Crazy Fingers> Drumz> Last Time> Stella Blue> Saturday Night E: Liberty

10-09-94 USAir Arena, Landover, Md. (Sun)

1: Bucket, Bertha, Spoonful, Stagger Lee, Broken Arrow, Me & My Uncle@> Big River@, So Many Roads, Promised

2: H. C. Sunshine, Samson, Way To Go, Ship Of Fools, Saint> Drumz> Miracle> Comes A Time> Throwing Stones> Lovelight E: Rain

final/last "Comes A Time": 03-27-93 [127] - venue used to be called "Capital Centre" - Rex Foundation benefit

06-25-95 Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, Washington, D.C. (Sun)

1: Shakedown, Wang Dang Doodle, Jack A Roe*, Mama Tried@*> Mexicali@*, Loose Lucy, Picasso Moon*

2: Box Of Rain, Rain, Samson, Ship Of Fools*, Truckin> Rollin & Tumblin*> Samba> Drumz> Wharf Rat*> NFA E: Brokedown*

*final versionwith Bruce Hornsby on grand piano - Bob Dylan opened - soundcheck: "St. Stephen" - Jerry Garcia played on "Train To Cry" and "Rainy Day Women" of Bob Dylan's set

None.... here's the only 3 Dead show's I went to....

07-16-94 Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, Washington, D.C. (Sat)

1: Cold Rain> Picasso Moon, Lazy River Road, El Paso@, Shoe Fits, Ramble On, Masterpiece, Loose Lucy, Promised

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Samba, Estimated> Crazy Fingers> Drumz> Last Time> Stella Blue> Saturday Night E: Liberty

10-09-94 USAir Arena, Landover, Md. (Sun)

1: Bucket, Bertha, Spoonful, Stagger Lee, Broken Arrow, Me & My Uncle@> Big River@, So Many Roads, Promised

2: H. C. Sunshine, Samson, Way To Go, Ship Of Fools, Saint> Drumz> Miracle> Comes A Time> Throwing Stones> Lovelight E: Rain

final/last "Comes A Time": 03-27-93 [127] - venue used to be called "Capital Centre" - Rex Foundation benefit

06-25-95 Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, Washington, D.C. (Sun)

1: Shakedown, Wang Dang Doodle, Jack A Roe*, Mama Tried@*> Mexicali@*, Loose Lucy, Picasso Moon*

2: Box Of Rain, Rain, Samson, Ship Of Fools*, Truckin> Rollin & Tumblin*> Samba> Drumz> Wharf Rat*> NFA E: Brokedown*

*final versionwith Bruce Hornsby on grand piano - Bob Dylan opened - soundcheck: "St. Stephen" - Jerry Garcia played on "Train To Cry" and "Rainy Day Women" of Bob Dylan's set

i was at all 3 of those shows!!!

happy times for sure...wasn't the 6.25.95 also the last show ever at rfk?

thought i heard that somewhere....

• Advisory Board
happy times for sure...wasn't the 6.25.95 also the last show ever at rfk?

thought i heard that somewhere....

No, RFK has hosted a few other music festivals after the Dead did their last stint there in '95, but nothing spectacular like The Good Ol Grateful Dead. I know for sure of 2 HFStivals (local radio station now defunct), where I worked vending for a few days back in 2001 - 2002....

• Forum MVP

DSO have played several of the shows that I was at, but I've been absent for all of them. I guess that's a good way to define "JV".

;)

...which of course reminds me to re-re-re-re-re-request my first show: 4/9/89 or maybe 4/10/89, too busy to look it up, the one with Louie Louie in it.

:D

• Forum MVP
DSO have played several of the shows that I was at, but I've been absent for all of them.

Funny how statements that seem impossibly silly on their face make perfectly good sense in the DSO realm. I am reminded of that night in Atlanta when I said to the guy next to me "I think that tonight is the next night after last night!" (Turned out to be an elective set)

Funny how statements that seem impossibly silly on their face make perfectly good sense in the DSO realm. I am reminded of that night in Atlanta when I said to the guy next to me "I think that tonight is the next night after last night!" (Turned out to be an elective set)

Out of the 12 or so DSO shows I've seen...2 been there then...be here now experiences....5-5-77 at the Fillmore a couple years back and Ithaca about a week or so ago...Looking forward to more...Would love to see DSO do 11-4-77...Colgate...

• Advisory Board

Can't tell you how many times I've heard people say its a show when it's clearly an elective... Park West this past January, I'm in the bathroom and this guy infront of me waiting in line says how he was at this show.... now, the show opened up with Liberty, and Lisa singing along...

I just keep my mouth shut and laugh to myself...

• Forum MVP
Can't tell you how many times I've heard people say its a show when it's clearly an elective... Park West this past January, I'm in the bathroom and this guy infront of me waiting in line says how he was at this show.... now, the show opened up with Liberty, and Lisa singing along...

lol, ive heard that one before!

maybe even better was this older head at La zona rosa telling us that he was at the last show (7/8/95). he said his most vivid memory was seeing them close the last show ever with TN Jed... lol... this guy also claimed he had a bunch of jerry's original paintings

• Forum MVP
Can't tell you how many times I've heard people say its a show when it's clearly an elective...

Very true, but lest you think me too easily fooled, here's the two night run from ATL. I think you'll agree that the second night is built to fool! No obvious temporal impossibilities. Two drummers the first night. Setlist almost perfectly believable for '76. ... ... ... except for the Terrapin. I guess that should've tipped me off.

...I distinctly remember thinking, "They could've had Terrapin out in the fall of 76.

Show #1,197 - Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at Variety Playhouse Theater, Atlanta, GA

Performing 10/1/1976 Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN (Donna Show)

1:Bertha, Mama Tried, Deal, Cassidy, FOTD, Big River, B. E. Women, It's All Over Now, Scarlet, Promised

2:Might As Well, Samson, Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Dancin> Drumz> Wheel> Ship Of Fools> Dancin> GDTRFB> Saturday Night

Encore: U. S. Blues

Filler: St Stephen> NFA

Show #1,198 - Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at Variety Playhouse Theater, Atlanta, GA

Performing 2/18/2006 Original Setlist

1:Good Lovin> China Cat> I Know You Rider, Mingelwood, Row Jimmy, Me & My Uncle> Mexicali, Dire Wolf, L.L. Rain, Terrapin

2:Playin> Cosmic Charlie> Truckin> Nobody's Fault Jam> New Speedway> Jam> Other One> Jam> Drums> Space> Uncle John> Morning Dew> Uncle John> Playin> Other One> Playin

Encore: Shakedown

Filler: None

Very true, but lest you think me too easily fooled, here's the two night run from ATL. I think you'll agree that the second night is built to fool! No obvious temporal impossibilities. Two drummers the first night. Setlist almost perfectly believable for '76. ... ...

Almost perfectly believable till that Shakedown, I suppose.

I was at that show, Dave. It was the 2nd night and Donna had canceled due to illness (although Eaton greeted her via webcam). I posted pictures of it in the albums portion of this website (but you know this). One cool thing about that night is that it was sort of like a first date for me and Nicole - I didn't tell her where we were going, just told her to pack an overnight bag.

Yeah, I too was thinking it was a 76 till the terrapin in the first set. I then figured it must be 77 show as it panned. I figured they had planned on doing a show from the Donna era, given that she was scheduled to be there. (How long do they plan in advance, anyways?) It seems that I remember a "meltdown" of sorts during Morning Dew, the likes of which I didn't see again until last week in Ithaca. :blink: Shew!

Another very cool thing about that show was the warm welcome Lisa was given when she came out onstage. Especially when so many had likely experienced some disappointment when they got there and learned DJ would not be performing.... very cool of the team to cheer Lisa on like that.

• Forum MVP

Maybe I am easily fooled.

Not played in '76: China>Rider, Dire Wolf, Mexicali, Truckin, not to mention Terrapin. Yeah, the shakedown encore was a giveaway, but somehow I always think of Shakedown as coming out in '76. Just a brainfart that I keep having.

The thing I kept puzzling about was whether the first Terrapin could've been in the fall of '76.

Nevermind. :blink:

• Forum MVP
First Terrapin 2-26-77 Great show!

Sure, yeah, I know that, but in a theater without a deadbase, getting pummeled by DSO, I tend to doubt the things I think I know.

Archived