Ram's Head Friday May 18th

Passenger, They Love Each Other, Mama Tried-> Mexicali Blues, Candyman, El Paso, Tennessee Jed, It's All Over Now, Loser, Jack Straw, Deal I Need A Miracle-> Ship of Fools, Playin' In The Band-> Drums-> Shakedown Street-> Black Peter-> Playin' In The Band-> Sugar Magnolia, E: Johnny B. Goode

Curtis Hixon Convention Hall on 1978-12-13 Tampa, FL

http://www.archive.org/details/gd78-12-13....5717.sbeok.shnf

Guest jamesr

Ungawa! The band was ON from the get go. Passenger had a super deep groove with the band playing around John's fiery leads, which would be everpresent this night. They Love Each Other never faltered. Mama-Mex and El Paso were high energy jam fests. The big build up in Tennessee Jed was monstrous. All Over Now was a treat, and Jackstraw went on and on with more fire. Deal smoked!!!!!!

The venue was only 3/4 full, plenty air conditioned, loose security, friendly people, and plenty of audience dancing and attention to this great band.

Miracle-> Ship isn't my favorite combo, but it was competently played. Playin was deep and exploratory with extra doses of Jam. During Drumz, a peculiar group of people massed on stage and tinkered about with rhythm insturments. Shakedown shook it all down and jammed our heads off. The Black Peter had a titanic ending, with a Playin reprise and Sugar Mag kept goin and goin.

Killer filler: St. Stephen>Don't Ease. I thought I was going to snap something during St, and it was the best Don't Ease I'd ever heard.

Great show, great sound, great times. Great success!

We'll see you tonight. PS: Kira has two extra tix. pm us

I couldn't have said it better myself (the part about almost snapping something during St Stephen>Don't Ease). I'm super excited for tonight and, compared with last night, I will be abstaining from the alcohol because hangovers SUCK!!! Great show, great venue, great people (staff included). ROCK ON DSO!!!

• Advisory Board

Family Drumz was fun last night... my hangover isn't to fun right now.... looking like tonight will complete my 4 day bender....

I need help......

Great show last night, here's looking forward to hearing a little B3 tonight (I hope)

Guest crazy digits

KIRA, you are very, very funny :rofl:

Just when you think you have forgotton what DSO is all about, BAM, another DEADY performance. FAMILY drums for Tom's birthday was very cool...and this time, no stage freight....Thanks folks again for pouring it out like you do every night......Shakedown out of drums/space...so much fun.

Archived