Rams Head sat

Mango

• Forum MVP

5:14 am. just got home. here is the best i can remember of the setlist.

race is on/ run for the roses/ cassidy/ visions of johana/.....king solomans>viola lee.

darkstar>otherone tease>dancin>scarlet>fire>drums>space>the eleven tease>otherone>believe it or not>otherone>mind left body>darkstar reprise>lovelight.

i'm sure that I left out several songs, and they might be out of order too. hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen. I knew from the first song that it was an original, which was exactly what I wanted. baracco played the keys as well as the b3.

now is the time to sleep.

ps.- darbysdad- I tried to find you but was distracted by show. i'm sure you were too.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great original setlist! Run for the Roses was stellar as was Lazy Lightnin'>Supplication.

John's voice was absolutely pristine on Visions and especially Believe it or Not. Lovelight was freakin' HOT! I didn't think I had it in me, but my body wouldn't stop moving to the beat of this all-time greatest get-down tune!!!

:dsorocks:

Guest bigpappyblue
5:14 am. just got home. here is the best i can remember of the setlist.

race is on/ run for the roses/ cassidy/ visions of johana/.....king solomans>viola lee.

darkstar>otherone tease>dancin>scarlet>fire>drums>space>the eleven tease>otherone>believe it or not>otherone>mind left body>darkstar reprise>lovelight.

i'm sure that I left out several songs, and they might be out of order too. hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen. I knew from the first song that it was an original, which was exactly what I wanted. baracco played the keys as well as the b3.

now is the time to sleep.

ps.- darbysdad- I tried to find you but was distracted by show. i'm sure you were too.

Hi all, new here.

Box of Rain was in there somewhere in the 1st set I think :) Run for the Roses was incredible, Lazy Lightning as well. Viola Lee was a monster 1st set closer, huge indescribable jam prior to coming back into Viola, was pretty insane. Dancin' in the Streets, Scarlet>Fire, Lovelight and Goodnight. Just wow, more than I could have asked for, these guys couldn't be playing any better right now and they were having a blast lastnight, the show reflected that.

Guest Dave M

Sick show. I'm not usually a fan of original setlists, but last night rocked hard with lots of energy. This is the setlist to the best of my recollection:

Set I: Race Is On, Run for the Roses, Cassidy, Visions of Johanna, Box of Rain, Lazy Lightnin>Supplication, King Solomons Marbles>So Many Roads, Masterpiece, Viola Lee

Set II: Darkstar>Dancin>Scarlet>Fire>Drumz>Eleven Jam>Wheel>Other One>Believe It Or Not>Other One>Feelin Groovy Jam>Darkstar>Lovelight

E: Thats What Love Will Make You Do>WBYGN

Was it a barn burning poke your eyes out blow your head off show? Why yes indeed it was! And WHAT a good time we had! It felt like a friendly family event. Not overcrowded

Guest crazy digits

This show was up there as an all time great....the second set was...well someone can help me with an adjective because SICK doesn't do it any justice! Goodness gracious....spent the whole night with much of my DSO family...thought of Teacher Matt on several occasions, wishing he had been there.....Lisa exploded during Lovelight....what energy :-) Dark Star> Dancin Scarlet> Fire to open up the second set.......you know, I wouldn't mind the job of deciding what songs and in what order they play these songs during these elective sets. Rob E. knows how to start it our right! The Ram's Head is a superb place to see DSO...holy smokes. I think I will see DSO again ;) Love you Lester!

• Advisory Board
hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Wow, folks.... WOW!! My 172 show, and by far my favorite DSO show of all time... last night was not one to be missed!! The Eleven!!! Fucking incredible! Believe it or not... INCREDIBLE! Last time that was played I believe was Scotty's last show... The Darkstar Sammich second set blew my mind, hell the entire first set blew my mind.....

WOW!!

Unfortunatly I only saw one taper there, and he was a complete ass... went up to him after the show to see if it was possible to get a copy, all I get was "I do this for me" in a very rude tone... If anyone out there finds a copy of this show, or bought it for the stream... PM me please!

Wow, folks.... WOW!! My 172 show, and by far my favorite DSO show of all time...

heh. I love your enthusiasm.

I streamed the show last night and it was great. No beer lines and a well played elective setlist. Loved it. Sound was phenomenal- big hats off to Cam.

peace

Wow, folks.... WOW!! My 172 show, and by far my favorite DSO show of all time... last night was not one to be missed!! The Eleven!!! Fucking incredible! Believe it or not... INCREDIBLE! Last time that was played I believe was Scotty's last show... The Darkstar Sammich second set blew my mind, hell the entire first set blew my mind.....

WOW!!

Unfortunatly I only saw one taper there, and he was a complete ass... went up to him after the show to see if it was possible to get a copy, all I get was "I do this for me" in a very rude tone... If anyone out there finds a copy of this show, or bought it for the stream... PM me please!

Herdy,

Did you get some B3 on Viola Lee!?

• Forum MVP

WOW!!

Wow, sounds like quite the show!!! When I read the review, I get hot flashes, maybe menopause creeping up on me...

Incredible show. I remember thinking before the King Soloman's Marbles how they hadn't played one song I actually wanted to hear, but the show was great anyways. DSO nails every song. And then, from the closing of set 1 to the end of the show I was in awe. Holy Viola Lee Blues! That was probably the highlight of the whole night for me, although set II was a monstrous force. The Dancin' and Scarlet were really on fire, plus the Dark Star sandwich...just nuts.

Thanks DSO for an amazing night

Not only was it the best DSO show I've seen-it was one of the best shows I've EVER SEEN!!! The boys & Lisa are on fire right now. To me, they are "the band to catch" right now! I can't praise them enough. GRATE job DARK STAR!!! More to come...

Don

WV

:dsorocks:

Hey I was there where was that taper located up stairs? I had mics too at the sound board and if you came up to me and was a "drunk ass" I treated you with the same amount of respect that you didn't show me and don't have for yourself.... truth hurts>>>> If you want copies of the shows so bad get a rig.. how much does the music realy mean to you? Some folks just suck on the others like leaches. "Heartless powers try to tell us what to think, if the spirit is sleeping they the FLESH is ink".... Respect is earned !!!

• Advisory Board
Hey I was there where was that taper located up stairs? I had mics too at the sound board and if you came up to me and was a "drunk ass" I treated you with the same amount of respect that you didn't show me and don't have for yourself.... truth hurts>>>> If you want copies of the shows so bad get a rig.. how much does the music realy mean to you? Some folks just suck on the others like leaches. "Heartless powers try to tell us what to think, if the spirit is sleeping they the FLESH is ink".... Respect is earned !!!

First off, I wasn't a "drunk ass", but I was pretty amped after that show because I had such a good time, second I don't have the $$$ to buy taping equipment which is pretty damned expensive, and third this guy was up on the second floor so it wasn't you buddy.... this guy apparently tapes every show he goes to (this was his first DSO show by the way), and the man was very rude when all I asked him if he was putting the show up on archive, and if not, if I could possibly get a copy..... his rude reply was that he does this for himself and a few "select friends" and that he didn't have time to bother with me....

As for the comment of how much does the music mean to me, I've traveled all over the states, and recently to Europe to see DSO.. I've spent a TON of money on hotel rooms, tickets, flights, and since you don't even know me, I'd suggest that you get your facts straight about someone before making any stupid comments. Speaking of respect is earned, you definatly haven't earned mine for the arrogant comments...

• Forum MVP
oh the drums with that lady were incredibe,

That lady was Katie!!!!

Roger, back at ya, buddy...and to the usual suspects up in our little corner of DSO paradise (and elsewhere) - thank you for the proverbial real good time. Matt, Daniel, Emma - you guys were sorely missed...This was epic indeed!

Archived