Rams Head sat

Mango

First off, I wasn't a "drunk ass", but I was pretty amped after that show because I had such a good time, second I don't have the $$$ to buy taping equipment which is pretty damned expensive, and third this guy was up on the second floor so it wasn't you buddy.... this guy apparently tapes every show he goes to (this was his first DSO show by the way), and the man was very rude when all I asked him if he was putting the show up on archive, and if not, if I could possibly get a copy..... his rude reply was that he does this for himself and a few "select friends" and that he didn't have time to bother with me....

As for the comment of how much does the music mean to me, I've traveled all over the states, and recently to Europe to see DSO.. I've spent a TON of money on hotel rooms, tickets, flights, and since you don't even know me, I'd suggest that you get your facts straight about someone before making any stupid comments. Speaking of respect is earned, you definatly haven't earned mine for the arrogant comments...

I was on the second floor the whole night. This drunk taper guy set up his stuff crowding our dancing space and then continued to protect his equiptment the whole night. I had to laugh when the second set started and he started acusing everybody of stealing his digi recorder. I knew it was plugged in the wall charging, (he was so drunk he forgot) I was tempted to let him pack up and leave but I knew where his deck was and told him, maybe kharma will allow for no drunk assholes next time.

DSO thank you!!! speechless over Viola, Lovelight, Lisa, everybody and most of the rest of the show.

With a broken fusion and 4 herniated disc in my back I could barley walk on Friday but was able to dance Saturday (maybe I should have went friday also). Can the healing powers of DSO heal the drunk assholes? Thank You DSO!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well... These blues go round and round... It still amazes me that after this "heart of gold band" has been playin "the same ol song and dance" for so may years people still dont get it and dont make the personal changes necassary to be a good kind person... I too have traveled around the world to see and "be part of" the band" (must I explain the same ol song and dance) ... As for the healing powers some folks don't want to learn what they dont want to know.... Its hard work being the capt and to lead... I took pics for the most part all night in B-more up frount and there seams "always" to be some assholes in the crowd... so what do you ya do passify them like a child so they stop wining and give them what they dont deserve... As for respect >>> I'v fought in Iraq for my dreams and my freedom and if you think for one god damn minute I will stop being a stronge dissaplined man to apease the masses sorry your a lost sailor and the harder you come the harder you fall .....

If you can see it though my eyes so I dont have to plead my case to the angles in the court of paridise I offer up this show to you >>>> Oade ACM 660 > SP CMC 8 > CD Wave It actually turned out very good compaired to the Ratdog shows I have recorder in the Rams Head .... I know you rider>> and if you know me ya know I will!

Guest crazy digits

If your recording was the last on earth, I wouldn't want it....my recording is etched in the back of my mind with all of my friends...you know who you are :-)

• Forum MVP

DSO Family please take this advice from the Teacher:

Bloomer = Bootsie (most of you understands that... if not still please follow instructions below)

So what do we do..... Please just ignore his posts and DO NOT respond anymore....

Thank you, class dismissed.... but wait your homework tonight is to listen to any DSO or Dead music from the year that most tickles your fancy this fine and beautiful day....

• Forum MVP

Bootsie lives!!!

As I live and breathe, Matt, that notion crossed my mind too...and I am sure several others' also. And Roger, roger that good buddy.

I'll be working on my homework this evening...

:herdy::grouphug:

That lady was Katie!!!!

I knew it! Even with my grainy image from Streamernet, I just knew that was Katy Gaughan from Firewheel. I suugested it on the streamernet chat, although no one agreed with me.

I wouldn't even know what she looked like if JK hadn't told us that we had been standing right next to her in Ithaca for the 2nd set on 5-8. A "master percussionist" indeed... really enjoyed watching (and especially listening to) her onstage with dso.

• Advisory Board
Well well... These blues go round and round... It still amazes me that after this "heart of gold band" has been playin "the same ol song and dance" for so may years people still dont get it and dont make the personal changes necassary to be a good kind person... I too have traveled around the world to see and "be part of" the band" (must I explain the same ol song and dance) ... As for the healing powers some folks don't want to learn what they dont want to know.... Its hard work being the capt and to lead... I took pics for the most part all night in B-more up frount and there seams "always" to be some assholes in the crowd... so what do you ya do passify them like a child so they stop wining and give them what they dont deserve... As for respect >>> I'v fought in Iraq for my dreams and my freedom and if you think for one god damn minute I will stop being a stronge dissaplined man to apease the masses sorry your a lost sailor and the harder you come the harder you fall .....

If you can see it though my eyes so I dont have to plead my case to the angles in the court of paridise I offer up this show to you >>>> Oade ACM 660 > SP CMC 8 > CD Wave It actually turned out very good compaired to the Ratdog shows I have recorder in the Rams Head .... I know you rider>> and if you know me ya know I will!

Thanks, but no thanks... I'm getting it from someone else who has a little more positive attitude, and they are getting some kindness in return...

DON'T TREAD ON ME..... WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE........ THATS WHAT LOVE WILL MAKE YOU DO

I will still give up the cds of this show if anyone wants them. Also some of the best pics from the show

Bootsie lives!!!

As I live and breathe, Matt, that notion crossed my mind too...and I am sure several others' also. And Roger, roger that good buddy.

I'll be working on my homework this evening...

:herdy::grouphug:

Been a long time since I listened to Run For the Roses...Certainly can see where the genesis for Touch Of Grey came from...DSO pulled off a ripping version!

I just LOVE Run for the Roses. I loved Garcia Band. I loved it all.

The beauty of Saturday night was the perfect mix.

I love DSO.

They KICK MY ASS!!!

We've got the show.

Door prizes for sangria drinkers Sat. night.

Love,

Kira

I just LOVE Run for the Roses. I loved Garcia Band. I loved it all.

The beauty of Saturday night was the perfect mix.

I love DSO.

They KICK MY ASS!!!

We've got the show.

Door prizes for sangria drinkers Sat. night.

Love,

Kira

Kira,

Wish i could be there...but yes I too loved JGB...My only close encounter(handshake) with Garcia was at a show I believe 1978 upstate NY at Hartwick College...He stumbled into the venue at the same time i was arriving..briefcase in hand...Ah...just another day at the office...Cats Down Under The Stars tour...enjoyed with a friend who had been quite ill and this was her first night out in months...Super sweet memories..

Peace and shake a leg for me on Saturday,

Jon

Guest darbysdad

Hey,Hey

There Is Always Going To be Something,Somehow ,Someway That Turns Somebody Off At Any Show

You Know There Are All Kinds Of Folks There For All Kinds Of Reasons And There Willl Always Be Differences Of Some Sort-So We Know We Can Work It Out-The Vibe,The Music Overcomes All Don't Ya Think?

Kindness Kindness

Guest recycledsoul

Did anyone see the double rainbow on the way to the show? heheheh it was there for atleast 20-30 minutes shining so brightly. yea that was the best show i ever saw. how do i relate that in words? its hard. I told her they were gonna play dancing in the streets, then it was the next song hehehe.

Heres the setlist..

Race Is On, Run For the Roses, Cassidy> Jam> Cassidy, Visions Of Johanna, Box of Rain, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, So Many Roads, Masterpiece, King Solomon's Marbles> Viola Lee

2:Dark Star> Dancin> Scarlet*> Fire*> Drums*> Space> Wheel> Other One> Believe It> Other One> Uncle John> Dark Star> Lovelight

Encore: That's What Love Will Make You Do, We Bid You Goodnight

definately spoke to me. never will be the same. realized so many things this night... winner loses all.

thats what love?!?!?! WBYGN!!! LOVEEEEEEEEE

HEHEHEHEHE

edit: something wierd... the friday show was dec 13 1978... my birthday is dec 16 and the woman i went with who i love is dec 10....

thank you for everything dso your our shining star

As a taper and DSO fan I am a bit embarased by the lack of kindness of the rude tapers here. Please don't give the rest of us a bad name. Taping is a privlege and part of that privlege it to spread the music. It is not your right to tape and it is certailnly not you right to block your stand like an asshole or tell people to quiet down. Many bands are getting sick of these stuck up tapers.

Also, I would love a copy of your AT943->ACM 660. Do you have the sampson phantom adapters or the AT's? I run with those mics sometimes.

Just downloaded and listened to the 5/22 show.

I enjoyed the show and wish I could have been there!

Quick question:

I really liked Lisa singing at the end of LOVELIGHT (please note that I like all of her singing!).

Is this standard now for that song or was it a new version?

• Forum MVP

Quick question:

I really liked Lisa singing at the end of LOVELIGHT (please note that I like all of her singing!).

The extent of Lisapen varies from performance to performance of the song. That was a truly exceptional (in the sense of blessed) night...

Guest recycledsoul

Quick question:

heheeh thank you lisa for showing her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and me too... "when you look in the eyes of the person u love" my heart thanks you

edit: im thinking of 5/19..

Well it seams like the NJ show had some of those same issues as B-more.... Glad to hear others express themselves in a TRUTHFUL manor.... Love is real not fade away .... Ask a vet today if he or she is scared of it... Happy Memorial Day

10 days have passed since this incredible show and the joy stirred up that night is still right here with me. What an incredible night. What an incredible show. What incredible bands (both of them).

Wow. Just wow.

I have no idea if anyone is even reading this thread anymore... I had no idea this forum even existed... but I just had to dial up the DSO site to touch in and reconnect with the vibes. Somehow I managed to get to all four DC area shows... how lucky we are to have the DSO to keep the music alive... and in such a grand fashion.

A super-happy grinning guy on the floor with us maybe said it best as he danced by: "be careful what you wish for... it might just come true. It's all happening!" This has proven itself every time I have seen the band... but especially so on Saturday night.

Somehow I managed to marry a woman who "doesn't get" the Dead. How I wish she could have been at this show...

Simply put: one of the most vibrant musical performances I have ever witnessed, by any band at any time. The talent in that room was awe inspiring. If you are reading this and you have access to a recording of the show - PLEASE let me know, I'd really love to be able to listen again. DSO folks, if you're reading - please do what you can to work out the legalities and get this posted on your site...

The GD is living and breathing through the DSO, who honor and respect the roots of this music with such style and grace that I simply have to laugh out loud for much of the time I'm in the room. Thank you for what you do!

Down to my core, so much joy, grateful for these moments right now, amazed by how blazingly well the band was playing, swimming in the love that was in the room. There is something very very deep going on here - a deep connection to what was started way back in the Haight - but which is very much a part of the fabric of our lives today. And boy do we need it!

I should say that all four nights were full of it - and that Wednesday at the State you could see it in Donna's beaming glow.

Alright - thanks for the chance to get back into the spirit of the evening. Looking forward to many more and grateful each time that wish is granted.

Much love - Greeny

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,

You can't let go and you can't hold on,

You can't go back and you can't stand still,

If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest crazy digits

I very rarely listen to music in my car or at any other time for that matter ( don't ask? ). This morning was different! I grabbed the Saturday night Ram's Head show ( crispy ) and rediscovered again why DSO is so magical. From the very start, DSO was shining as brightly as they can. Everything was perfect. Cameron, you are the man buddy!

I was listening and thinking what it must be like to be a newbie to DSO, not new to the Dead but a newbie to DSO. Many of your friends have been urging you to go. Of course, you are too smart to go see a copy cat band. Copy cat my ass! This band is so Dead on and the perfect instrument to help us to forget the end of the GD days where the lots were full of idiots that were there just for the parties, where Jerry was hanging on by his last thread. I remember my first show at Irving Plaza some 6 years ago. I couldn't believe my ears! So, as I was listening to this show, goosbumps on the arm, I was thinking of all the lucky souls who decided to go to their first DSO show in Baltimore....the looks on their faces from the first note to the very last one.

Thanks John and Scott for your boldness to take this magic on the road ( when most said you couldn't do it). You have inspired many of us to remember the music the way we all want to. And, to the rest of the band and crew who do this for the love of the music, my friends I have met since this love started and to the great person who dropped those Balt. CDS in my hand that one crazy fun filled night ( you know who you are...love you )

YEAH! Oh, by the way, any of you who are not going to Nelson's Ledges ( those who just don't want to, not those of you who can't ), Oh my! See the lucky ones soon...EMMA and MARY, get yourelves to NLQP please....

• Forum MVP

What you said, brother! That show had it all...cept Eyes, of course, but all good things...

As for the Ledges, the ladies can (and damn sure do) speak for themselves, but I know Miss Em has solid reasons...as for Mary, hmmmm....

• Forum MVP
I very rarely listen to music in my car or at any other time for that matter ( don't ask? ). This morning was different! I grabbed the Saturday night Ram's Head show ( crispy ) and rediscovered again why DSO is so magical. From the very start, DSO was shining as brightly as they can. Everything was perfect. Cameron, you are the man buddy!

I was listening and thinking what it must be like to be a newbie to DSO, not new to the Dead but a newbie to DSO. Many of your friends have been urging you to go. Of course, you are too smart to go see a copy cat band. Copy cat my ass! This band is so Dead on and the perfect instrument to help us to forget the end of the GD days where the lots were full of idiots that were there just for the parties, where Jerry was hanging on by his last thread. I remember my first show at Irving Plaza some 6 years ago. I couldn't believe my ears! So, as I was listening to this show, goosbumps on the arm, I was thinking of all the lucky souls who decided to go to their first DSO show in Baltimore....the looks on their faces from the first note to the very last one.

Thanks John and Scott for your boldness to take this magic on the road ( when most said you couldn't do it). You have inspired many of us to remember the music the way we all want to. And, to the rest of the band and crew who do this for the love of the music, my friends I have met since this love started and to the great person who dropped those Balt. CDS in my hand that one crazy fun filled night ( you know who you are...love you )

YEAH! Oh, by the way, any of you who are not going to Nelson's Ledges ( those who just don't want to, not those of you who can't ), Oh my! See the lucky ones soon...EMMA and MARY, get yourelves to NLQP please....

Really nice post!!! We are so unbelievably lucky to get to experience this again and you're right, it wasn't that good in the end!!

I have had this reoccuring image in my head from danbury of this woman, in her 30's I would say, looking up at John K and crying her eyes out during standing on the moon, literally sobbing, safe to assume it was her first time seeing dso, for me it's still that emotional, what a gift!!!

Archived