Franklin's Tower

Drums

Lost Sailor

Sugar Magnolia

Encores:

Casey Jones

Broke down Palace (w/ "Donna Jean")

11/5/79 Philadelphia

Pretty darn close- thanks for the update. "California" must be Estimated Prophet. and "You don't know" must be "Easy to Love You". I took this off of setlist.com:

11/05/79 (Mon) The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Cassidy, Friend Of The Devil, El Paso, Stagger Lee, Passenger, Peggy-O, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Althea, Easy To Love You, Eyes Of The World > Estimated Prophet > Franklin's Tower > Drums > Lost Sailor > Saint Of Circumstance > Sugar Magnolia, E: Casey Jones

I love it when they break out Lisa for filler at show where she doesn't appear on the original... (and how about them not shying away from Brent tunes lately?

glad you had a good time-thanks for posting

so,this is the actual setlist from the show, 5/22/ 2007, The NorVA, Norfolk, VA

DSO performing 11/05/1979 The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

One China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; Cassidy ; Friend Of The Devil ; El Paso ; Stagger Lee ; Passenger ; Peggy-O ; The Music Never Stopped

Two Althea ; Easy To Love You ; Eyes Of The World > Estimated Prophet > Franklin's Tower > Space > Drums > Space > Lost Sailor > Saint Of Circumstance > Sugar Magnolia

Encore Casey Jones

Filler (with Lisa) Brokedown Palace

Lots of energy in this show, super intense. The China>Rider (in my opinion) was fantastic. Lots of highlights, just a stellar show.

And you get to see them again tonight!

I stand corrected on the ones I guessed

A lot of people were guessing mid-80's, but there's always a lot of friendly debate as eacg song rolls by. A room full of experts with fuzzy memories!

Guest crazy digits

I LOVE the Norva and wish I could have attended....I love the 79 shows even more...they to me, may be the best of the best.....

Well, if you get confused...

each member of DSO effects the personna of a member of hte dead, or whoever was on the stage that night. I know that in RL they are different people, each with talents other than their game face. But in discussing them as they perform, I am giving them credit for playing their roles so well.

Smosey -

It is Lisa ..... not Donna Jean...

It is not Jerry... it is John

People are real people

Peace

• Advisory Board
But in discussing them as they perform, I am giving them credit for playing their roles so well.

I think you don't quite understand.... DSO does not play roles or try to stage act their respective "parts" onstage... Like Eaton has said many times before, they aren't re-creating a show, they are re-creating the setlist.... the music is all them...

Took me a little while to realize that myself back in the old days when I first started seeing DSO...

Archived