North Fork Theatre, Westbury, NY 5/25/07

drpinky

Well at first I was a little miffed that Rob Eaton had not honored my request for an original setlist at Westbury. With friends coming in from all over the country, that had been my wish.

But while not original, what an absolutely incredible and amazing setlist it was.

I plugged the entries into the sorted spreadsheet stored on my palm. Promised land. Tennessee Jed. By this time there were 7 possibilities. Then Jack Straw. It was between the Fox Theatre in St Louis 10/19/72 and Arizona State University 10/6/77. Dire Wolf, the fourth song sealed it. It was 77. I tried to keep myself semi surprised by not looking more than one song ahead. They kept coming. An intense Looks Like Rain. A blistering New Minglewood Blues. The always lovely TLEO. And a wonderful Music to finish up the first set.

The second set started with an amazing Bertha seguing into a possibly more amazing Good Loving. Slowing down a little so as to let our hearts recover was a sweet Friend of the Devil. Then an excellent Estimated Prophet and an incredible Eyes. Turning up the heat another notch with Not Fade Away, slowing down and tearing our hearts back into our chests with an amazing Black Peter, back to NFA only to finish with an unbelievable Round and Round that seemed it would never end (though unfortunately it actually did). Lisa couldn't stop herself from laughing at the incredible rhythmic intensity of the guitars while she jammed her headphones tightly on her head.

So I couldn't understand why after all those unbelievable songs they would have the nerve to come back and play and encore of ... uncle john's band. What? did you say UNCLE JOHN"S BAND? Ahhhhhh!

The extra song was for local boy Rob Barraco (who was absolutely excellent) doing a version of Let Me Sing Your Blues Away, a Keith song as appropriate for this 1977 concert .

Simply and utterly amazing.

Dr. Pinky

Looks like someone messed up the "Setlists" section of the website. Says the Westbury show was an '85 Brendan Byrne show. UJB encore! Frickin' stellar! Gotta love '77!!!!

Guest LastFairDeal

Hey Drpinky?

What sorted spreadsheet on your palm? Did you create it or download it. I would be Extreemly interested in a copy.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Last Fair Deal

Archived