Starland show was very...

Guest GreatNorthSpecial

• Forum MVP

Herdy......Just announced July 14th @ The Stone Pony in Asbury Park.Now there is a town thats right up your alley.Come on down maybe you will meet Bruce Springsteen.You love Jersey,your just afraid to admit it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crazy digits

I like NJ....period...good state..just what you make it.....saw last year's stone pony show and was in top 5 ever for me...i'm going back.......FYI, they have played count basie several times :-)

DSO knows where to play! Trust me!

• Advisory Board

all jersey comments aside, i thoroughly enjoyed the stone pony last year. it also happened to be my birthday. but yeah, i'm pretty sure all of us who were there had a blast, and i -- for one -- am looking very much forward to some sort of reprise. kind of odd little place (umm, yes?), but fun was had...

• Advisory Board
Jeez Herdy I guess that means your move to Keansburg isn't going to happen.New Jersey really gets a bad rap,we really have some nice places here.Unfortunetely you have been to some pretty lousy areas in Jersey.Ask Bix about Princeton,I bet he tells you what a nice place it was.I bet if you stray from the harbor in Baltimore, it isn't to pretty either.Take care bro.

Baltimore Harbor? Nice place...

Outside the Baltimore Harbor? :herdy: :herdy: :herdy:

Don't get me wrong, I'll be at the Stone Pony... I love you loud Jersey fucks like no other...

That being said.... tell the state to fix the fucking roads...

Who likes road signs? :)

I'm drunk........again....

:herdy: :herdy:

Guest darbysdad

Jersey Is What It Is

Some Of Us Are Lucky And Still Have Farmlands Around Us And Wake Up To The Sound Of Wild Turkeys,Deer Tracks In The Back Yard.

Most Of Us That Live Here Are Stuck Here-You Make The Best Of What You Have And You Are A Rich Man If You Count Your Blessings

You Will Go Nuts If Dwell On The Negatives

Make The Best Of The Positives

Yo Darby's dad, I grew up in Bergen County, moved to LBI (we Jersey people understand) in 76, then headed west for Colorado in '79. I still love going back to the shore for a week every summer, my in-laws are still there near Tom's River. I know I'll never move back there, but I can honestly say that I miss those days down the shore. And some of the friendships we made (my wife grew up there too) and still have, go back to kindergarten! We had a graduation party for our niece last week, out here, and most of the people there were from NJ! I still, on occasion catch myself calling it home. JC

I like NJ....period...good state..just what you make it.....saw last year's stone pony show and was in top 5 ever for me...i'm going back.......FYI, they have played count basie several times :-)

DSO knows where to play! Trust me!

Did I hear you say DSO @ Stone Pony on 7/14 was announced?? Are you sure?? I was headding to the Greenfest to celebrate my B'day on 7/15 :happybday: but hey, if the Pony will be hosting, I will have to do that instead!!! Or hay, maybe both!!!!!!!!!

Alex in NJ~ Goin to represent JOISEY on 6/6 :cheers: @ Engelwood John Harms Theater (PAC)!!

"I can honestly say that I miss those days down the shore."

Spoken like a true ex-Jersey guy. Only in NJ do you hear the expression "Down the shore" I grew up a couple miles north of the Stone Pony and have been there 100's of times. Dump, I think not! Nice sound last year at the DSO show. It was indoors and was a great show. I hope to make this years show.

Hey Herdy, I'll teach ya to drive here so you can enjoy the finer things NJ has to offer! I aslo have been to the Cats Eye down in the Harbor many times, and love the muscles at Berthas.

Dump, I think not! Nice sound last year at the DSO show. It was indoors and was a great show. I hope to make this years show.

I think "dump" refers to the town. As a long time Jersey shore resident, I have no problem saying that Asbury Park is a bombed out shit hole. Somewhat of a cross between Beruit and Falujah. The Pony, however, is a nice little place. Last summer's 'The Other One' At the Stone Pony is one of my all time DSO highlites! Hopefully the weather will cooperate this time around. Way too hot indoors (I think the band even had misters going to keep them cool), but outside was quite comfortable. Looks like I'll have to leave the Green Fest in Manheim early enough on Saturday to make the drive back to NJ in time for the show. :D:D

Last summer's 'The Other One' At the Stone Pony is one of my all time DSO highlites!

Yes! I remember this specifically, at least the change in the drums to the Other One rythym. I could feel it coming and oh man, was it intense. That show was spectacular in general.

Oh yeah Asbury Park is a dump. I grew up five miles north and used to ride my bike there to hang out on the boardwalk and go to the beach. I would not suggest doing that now. The Stony Pony is a nice place to see a show in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beejman6
GNS......Next time DSO plays the Starland, you can hook up with the 25-30 of us for 3rd annual dinner extravaganza at Ria Mar, a portuguese (sp) restaurant....simple enough, we meet at 7 pm ish, eat and drink ( watch out for the sangria ) ( go ask Greg abou that ), blow off the the first band because they always suck...by the time you get to the show, you can be as rude as the rest of them.......because of the sangria of course!!!!!! By the time we get to the show, it is DSO time....I agree with the first set... a little rough...The second set was nice......night before in LI was hot!

peace and love to you all. Thanks DSO for helping us dead to the core :-)

Sounds like the perfect way to start off the evening!! Even though the venue was not the best, I had a great time anyway. DSO makes me happy... Not much more to it than that

Archived