falls church night 2

i realize this comes more than a week after the show, but listening to the show on archive made me realize how sick this show was. if you havent had a chance to check out the show, use this link http://www.archive.org/details/dso2007-05-17..flac16

here comes sunshine was unbelievable...very cool to hear a 90's version of the song. listen for baraccos keyboards, hes unbelievable. i have never like walking blues, but my friend and I have managed to turn it into something humorous, referring to the song as "pothead blues". john was right on with jack a roe as Ive noticed he always is with the more folk songs. then it was robs turn. before the show, my friend and i were able to shake hands and exchange words with eaton after his dinner at the beach shack. when we berated him with how much we enjoyed his looks like rain from the previous night, he went on to chuckle and call us ridiculous for our "rob eaton for senate" remarks at previous shows. desolation row is a song ive been wanting to hear for a long time and rob nailed it. looked like he needed a little help and was glancing at a song sheet but thats understandable because the song just keeps going and going. when kevin came in with broken arrow 2 songs later, i realized that i was seeing dso in its entirety as it was one of the most enjoyable and complete sets I have ever seen. not much more to say. saw dso 3 times last week and terrapin nation once and enjoyed every minute of it.

this band is the best thing going right now. looking forward to seeing them closer to my home in ct when they hit hartford and danbury.

Archived