Memorial Day Weekend

Herdygerdy

• Advisory Board

Well once again... I pulled it off with the people that I love and admire...

Sayerville, what can I say? I had a good time, I don't quite understand the negative points about the music, but I do about the crowd... crowd sucked ass! After Drumz, most people left, and I think it takes away from the energy of the band. The meeting at the resterant was fantastic as always! 30 of us, sitting around, drinking, eating, and laughing, it doesn't get any better then that. August West and crew, I love you loud-mouthed obnoxious Jersey fucks!!!! You make me feel right at home! Thanks for getting us back to the hotel after the show!

Jam on the River was great!!! Hot as fuck, but still a good time! The DSO set was fantastic, although it sucked that it was only 1 hour and 15 minutes long. What a blast! Glad I made it this year!

On a unrelated note, I need to express my feelings toward the past week. As some of you know, 5-19-77 is my favorite Dead show... I love that show, and I find myself listening to that on a fairly regular basis. Last Saturday's Ram's Head show is by far the BEST show I've ever seen DSO, or anyone else really do... ever!! Funny enough, it was on 5-19-07... 30 years to the date of my favorite Grateful Dead show! I didn't realize that until this weekend. After Jam on the River, we (Bix, Erin, James, Blythe, Chuck and myself) headed back to Bix's house for the night and we found ourselves popping in the 5-19-77 show... the dancing commenced in Bix's living room, then next thing you know, the 5-19-07 DSO show comes out, and we listened to that beginning to end, and almost once again all the way through... we danced, laughed, and had the time of our lives.. I really wish there was a webcast of our party, you all would of been proud. I just think how funny the cosmic coincidences work out with both those shows... makes me smile, smile, smile! That Ram's Head show was mixed perfectly, the sound quality is just spectacular, and I advise anyone who hasn't bought, or listened to this show yet that you need to do so... this is not one to be missed.... I would have to call that Ram's Head show, a mind blowing experience!!!!!

As always, special thanks goes out to all my brothers and sisters who have ruined my life in the best way. I love you all, and I can't wait to see you again! You know who you are!!

Peace

Guest crazy digits

Herdy, well said buddy and it was great to have you all with us last night..great fun!!

The Penn's Landing show went something like this>

Shakedown

Music

Lazy River Road

Playing>

St. Stephen>

Playing reprise

Brokedown

Ripple

I know I am missing something or somethings and its killing me :-(

Anyway, the highlight of the day other than being with my closest friends....was meeting Lance Armstrong who was standing directly in front of the soundboard...not sure he was there for DSO but was there for the Wailers and the band that followed the Wailers......Wow, such cool stuff.......being a biking enthusiast, he truly is the man!

Peace and love to all.

• Advisory Board
Shakedown

Music

Lazy River Road

Playing>

St. Stephen>

Playing reprise

Brokedown

Ripple

I know I am missing something or somethings and its killing me :-(

Nope, that's it!

Guest angelina

Penn's Landing was fantastic! ...with the exception of melting in the heat of the sun.

DSO & The Wailers were groovin'! Even on the verge of dehydration and heat exhaustion... it was difficult not to dance! 1244.gif

It was great to see everyone, even if just for a short while! Can't wait to see everyone at the Ledges!!!

smiles & hugs,

susan angelina

p.s.

best quote from the weekend:

While strolling through historical Philadelphia, we came upon several women in colonial costume. One weaving, one working a spinning wheel...

A man standing behind me says to his wife: "Look honey, she's spinning wool into sheep's lamb!" :rolleyes:

• Forum MVP

what wonderful memories! feels so good to be back in the swing of things. the whole weekend, from the airport security guy telling me the explosive tester puffing machine i had to walk through is like a really bad trip to sleeping on the beach to meeting everyone at the Ria Mar, to the ecstatically LOUD happy birthday singing to some stranger in the restaurant, to the sangrias, to finally meeting blythe, jersey steve, fennario, greg and fun friends, jamesr and kira, row jimmy and lisa, the darby family and rose, and everyone else who joined in the festivities, to surprisingly seeing earth and meredith, to the girl who helped make the glow globes, to the girl tripping really hard on acid who walked up to me and grabbed me and asked me 'how do you know how to do that?', to smoking in the stairwell at the helwich, to getting shut out of the pool at 2am, to singing believe it or not with herdy at 4am, to traveling down the jersey turnpike in carpool detouring through the ghetto of north philadelphia, to the parking lot festivities in philly, to the blazing sunny heat of the jam on the river, to the misting tent, to erin's blue teeth, to seeing susan for the first time in a very long time, to dancing to the wailers, and then on to the ultimate after show dance party of the century at bixs house - beautiful stereo system bro, beautiful!

Guest crazy digits

:rofl::rofl:

i love you all very much and think it is funny too...very funny.........

you left out herdy's mock pull over by the woman cop :-)

Archived