Bergen PAC 6/6

Just got home from the show, which was my first. My daughter (6) and I made the 50 mile drive to take this one in.

These guys are good. They played an original setlist, which included Pride of Cucamonga(!). I was not disappointed that it wasn't an archive type show, although some of the song selections and segues were kind of jarring. The musicianship was top notch, especially John's playing; sometimes he did indeed seem to channel Jerry, but often he went places on his own that were as satisfying as I could have hoped.

It was fun when my daughter lit up a big smile and said. "I KNOW this one". And she LOVED Lisa's dancing. She dozed off halfway through the first set, got her second wind courtesy of a bag of swedish fish, and made it to Drums before we had to leave.

My personal highlights: an absolutely rocking Tangled Up In Blue, the aforementioned Pride, Deep Elem Blues, and surprisingly, to me, Shakedown Street as the second set opener. And early in the first set when Kyra leaned over to me and said, "Why do I smell a skunk?" :rolleyes:

• Forum MVP
artie..............Thanks for the early update! When the whole setlist comes back to you, please post. Keep your 6 year old away from those "skunks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're headin up to Hartford!

Jack straw

run for the rose

pride of cuc

we can run

masterpiece

deep elm

me and my uncle big river -

bird song

Tangled up

Skakedown

sailor saint

foolish heart

drums space

kings solomon

truckin

dew

Cosmic Charlie

(I'm missing a few)

Great show, awesome friends, it keeps getting better...

Guest Smokstak77

Great show last night. Highlights for me were definatley Sailor/Saint, Deep Elem,Morning Dew.This was only my 2nd show have they done Pride of Cucamunga alot? That and Tangled up in Blue were alot of fun also. Pretty nice venue. Had a hell of a good time. :dsorocks:

Guest ripple

Pretty sure it was the first "Pride".

They joked after that "they had to try it sometime!"

GREAT show overall. Awesome song selection. Wonderful venue (my 2nd DSO there).

See ya in Danbury!

Great show at a great venue. What a cool little place. Nice small theater setting. This band never disappoints. I always have such a great time when I see these guys. Lots of sick jamming as usual. John was burning the house down last night. Really funky groove going after the Foolish Heart that was just an incredible jam. Lots of "WOW" moments last night. Nice seeing everybody again. and not to mention the nice job by Blythe , scamming beers all night. Cheers to you!!! :cheers:

Killer. Just killer.

Great JGB....Tangled near had me hanging from the rafters.

New....kudos to Kevin for breaking out the Pride. Would have turned up his voice a bit, but I thought for a first time it was just great. A real treat, and a super surprise. Just LOVE when that happens!

The whole first set was diverse and hoppin and just happenin. Loved it.

Second set. Eye poking. Killer Shakedown.

It's funny about Lost Sailor/Saint. Overheard that combo one (or 10) too many times back in the early '80's. Now, well, it's just wonderful. The life is back into it with this band, who, by the way, just kick my ass!

Jamesr and I loved Foolish Heart, as always.

Blow out Dew to close. Just a fine way to end a great set.

And Cosmic Charlie, well....this band has certainly brought this song back to light, soaring and harmonizing with just amazing clarity and beauty. One of my funkiest and favorites.

Thanks to DSO for a great show.

Great to see just everyone there too. Gosh, it's so nice to know so many wonderful people from here when we travel here and yonder. You are all way fun, as always!

An aside, and I'll be brief. I have not been around such an odiferous group (present company excluded....duh) for decades. The front row at times was paralyzing, and then to breath it all again on the ride down the turnpike. Yikes!! :blink:

Thanks to all. Jamesr and I are very psyched for the Ledges.

Kira

how did everybody forget about the Stranger??!!?!?

No mention of it right smack dab in the middle of the first set -- which by the way, kicked the first set firmly into high gear, and basically set the pace for the rest of the night.

seriously -- that one was a really smokin' Stranger

just want to also add it was great running into some - okay, pretty much *all* the hard cores -- you know who you are -- coming out for a middle of the week, middle of no where Jersey show. much nicer crowd and performance than Starland.

awfully good-timey for everyone.

I wish I could make it up to Danbury, but I've got some family business to attend to... so I guess that means I'll see y'all at the Ledges

just beautiful show in a beautiful theater with beautiful people.....i had a nice spot right in the middle of the stage dancin the night away with great people....highlights for me were kick start jack straw>run 4 roses, and yes dantheman fucking killer stranger (best i've seen), and the tangled up in blue was tremendous.. i loved it (been playin that song on my guitar all week fucking great surprise) second set stranger was great, john tore off the roof....the whole place went nuts, really fun, truckin>dew wah woooooooooooooooo....and cosmic charlie was very fitting just a great song. i'm so grateful for this bang they do it to me everytime...thank you guys and gals

p.s. just some observations (but i love ya anyway)

1)the band can't hear you whistlin at them, stop drinkin and maybe more people will like u.

2)sing your heart out, just not too loud

3)it's NOT jerry it's JOHN

thanks love ya all, and hope to see you guys up front again(i know i will)...you know who you are!!!

• Forum MVP
how did everybody forget about the Stranger??!!?!?

No mention of it right smack dab in the middle of the first set -- which by the way, kicked the first set firmly into high gear, and basically set the pace for the rest of the night.

seriously -- that one was a really smokin' Stranger

just want to also add it was great running into some - okay, pretty much *all* the hard cores -- you know who you are -- coming out for a middle of the week, middle of no where Jersey show. much nicer crowd and performance than Starland.

awfully good-timey for everyone.

I wish I could make it up to Danbury, but I've got some family business to attend to... so I guess that means I'll see y'all at the Ledges

Stranger???? How could I forget stranger???

just beautiful show in a beautiful theater with beautiful people.....i had a nice spot right in the middle of the stage dancin the night away with great people....highlights for me were kick start jack straw>run 4 roses, and yes dantheman fucking killer stranger (best i've seen), and the tangled up in blue was tremendous.. i loved it (been playin that song on my guitar all week fucking great surprise) second set stranger was great, john tore off the roof....the whole place went nuts, really fun, truckin>dew wah woooooooooooooooo....and cosmic charlie was very fitting just a great song. i'm so grateful for this bang they do it to me everytime...thank you guys and gals

p.s. just some observations (but i love ya anyway)

1)the band can't hear you whistlin at them, stop drinkin and maybe more people will like u.

2)sing your heart out, just not too loud

3)it's NOT jerry it's JOHN

thanks love ya all, and hope to see you guys up front again(i know i will)...you know who you are!!!

allright, not trying to be captiain corrections -- but you were talking about the Shakedown 2nd set opener which tore off the roof right?

I'd also like to note on observation #1 --

don't whistle at the band, and *don't* get all shirtless, sweaty and then all proud of being shirtless and sweaty

• Forum MVP
allright, not trying to be captiain corrections -- but you were talking about the Shakedown 2nd set opener which tore off the roof right?

I'd also like to note on observation #1 --

don't whistle at the band, and *don't* get all shirtless, sweaty and then all proud of being shirtless and sweaty

well said, but as mentioned in previous thread,I have become quite good at tuning out the crowd and focusing on the music, not everyone that goes to see dso goes for the music...

well said, but as mentioned in previous thread,I have become quite good at tuning out the crowd and focusing on the music, not everyone that goes to see dso goes for the music...

Right, I have been sober for 10+ years, and I think this past Princeton Show was the first Show(1st DSO Show too) I ever saw without some buzz. I don't mind people partying and having a good time, but when they're bouncing-off me while I'm trying to dance, holding my 4 year old son, it pisses me off and makes it hard to tune them-out.

Don't worry, he has ear-plugs in, so he can't hear Daddy's filthy mouth!

I'd like to add his drumstick picture, but I'm new to this stuff.

• Forum MVP

:friends:

Herdy, I feel your pain, having missed Eyes all tour...and I guess I can hold my breath for it with one more show to go...at least I have gotten that other overrated chestnut, Foolish Heart...

Archived