U of Hartford Show, 6-7

First timer...and I must say, buying that ticket to last nights show was a whim. I never expected what I heard, very tight jams, good flow of music, totally blown away by DSO's compassion for getting it right.

My PB's were Dire Wolf, Music Never Stopped and Terrapin.

And all 200 of us had a ball, glad there were numerous college police there to keep us under control.

Man, I've been to Dead shows where there were less constables.

Met a chap that claims he's seen the boys 240 times, impressed that he could still sit up and take nourishment, LOL. Crowd was fun, all cared deeply for the music, just like the old days, lots of respect,

very impressed with the knowledge of the crowd as well.

There's a bounce in my step today, been a while since I felt this way.

Thx DSO!

Bear.

Guest darbysdad

Yeah ,What Herdy Said

I Saw My First DSO Show When I Was 55 And Went On A Whim Now I'M 60 And Can't Wait To Scam Myself And Whoever Else To Get To See Them Play-Old Endorphins That Laid Dormant For Years Have Now Taken Control To The Point Of Obsession,Although Not Nearly As Obsessive As Some On This Board Who Shall Remain Nameless

• Forum MVP

In the words of Barraco the Lincoln Theatre is an "interesting, little place" .. like bear said there was probably about 250-300 people with an older/lax crowd that all were lovin the music .. a lot security/campus police there to patrol but were not needed ..tight rules at the place too, but of course regardless DSO played another amazing show --- October 16, 1977 LSU, Baton Rouge, LA

Promised Land

Sugaree

Cassidy

Loser

Minglewood

FOTD

Sunrise

Dire Wolf

Music

Scarlet>

Fire

Estimated>

Drums>

Other One>

Good Lovin>

Terrapin>

Black Peter>

Around

E: US Blues

Filler: Sing Your Blues Away

Second set was straight smoke...the whole show was very tight...all members of the band were right on as usual!! dso brought this to the table and served with an extra kick of 1977 red hot sauce!! :icon14::dsorocks::icon14::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived